2015 Ratings (so far)

AlphaMale

• My Little Pony

Rating should also be accompanied by your current mood:

When you're in the mood to 'smash shit up' this rating will be represented by SSU

When you're in the mood for 'lets go driving' this rating is represented by LGD

When you're in the mood to 'make sweet loving' this rating shall be represented by MSL.

Add in drinks consumed aswell i think, eg DC 6 equals six beers consumed at time of rating)

For example

Murderdrdolls - Beyond The Valley

82% (10K, 5F, SSU 97%, LGD 89%, MSL 13%, DC 6)

This way you can truly judge the mood of an album

:rofl::rofl2::lol:

That's actually amazing! From now on, that's how you rate albums!

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rating should also be accompanied by your current mood:

When you're in the mood to 'smash shit up' this rating will be represented by SSU

When you're in the mood for 'lets go driving' this rating is represented by LGD

When you're in the mood to 'make sweet loving' this rating shall be represented by MSL.

Add in drinks consumed aswell i think, eg DC 6 equals six beers consumed at time of rating)

For example

Murderdrdolls - Beyond The Valley

82% (10K, 5F, SSU 97%, LGD 89%, MSL 13%, DC 6)

This way you can truly judge the mood of an album

:rofl::rofl2::lol:

That's actually amazing! From now on, that's how you rate albums!

:pc::pc::pc::pc::pc:

That should be our board project.

Rate 1988 with today's grading system.

How many are willing to try?

1989 is more difficult.

I boiled it down to around 100 releases which would score 80% and above.

lol, I couldn't imagine anything worse in life than looking through my entire CD collection and selecting all discs from a certain year to review... or even to look through MP3's and trying to find all from one specific year (aside from 2011 to 2015, which I have sorted as I go along)! That in itself would take months. ;)

I'm going A-Z in my melodic rock / AOR / glam CD collection, then A-Z through my modern rock CD collection. Then all my CDRs (unsorted) and then my unsorted MP3's (which I also do in-between, on the train). As I said, it'll take a decade but it's the only comprehensive way to do it. :)

Cut and paste, let's have a look!

The list is on my work computer - on hols today but can do it tomorrow. Its not a definite list just the ones I thought worth rating.

There's never a definite list so it's all cool. I don't have my collection properly documented so I'll use yours to see how many classics there are that year!

• My Little Pony

Hey good idea on the 80s album rating.

I'll try it out someday because I still like to pull out those old albums now and then :)

Now and then? Those old albums are my bread and butter. As good as some of these new albums are, nothing really touches the golden era.

Hey good idea on the 80s album rating.

I'll try it out someday because I still like to pull out those old albums now and then :)

Now and then? Those old albums are my bread and butter. As good as some of these new albums are, nothing really touches the golden era.

haha i think maybe those old classic albums were overplayed back in the days so I need a good rotation with the new albums man

hey Glen, I'll start three threads for this project, let's start with 1987, 1988, and 1989

doh. i just did 1989.........post 87 & 88 and I'll copy and paste my lists for those years too :-)

Here is 2015 so far, updated:

REVOLUTION SAINTS 95%
ECLIPSE 93%
DEVIL'S TRAIN 90%
CARE OF NIGHT 89%
BLACK STAR RIDERS 85%
SNAKE EYE 80%
U.D.O. 78%
LEVEL 10 78%
SWEET & LYNCH 76%
SERIOUS BLACK 75%
CYANIDE 72%
LAST AUTUMN'S DREAM 71%
SAINTS TRADE 70%
SCORPIONS 70%
THE DEVIL IN CALIFORNIA 68%
SOTO 67%
ISSA 60%
LONELY ROBOT 54%
FURYON 52%

95% for Revolution Saints and 60% for Issa??? WTF?!

I'm surprised you dig the Revolution Saints one as much as you do, because musically it is a nice ballsy sound, but at it's heart it's still a pretty light AOR album in terms of the song writing and lyrics. I like the balls of Revolution Saints, but definitely prefer the writing class of the Martin guys on the Issa disc. I dunno, the albums are very different, but a 35% different between the two?? That really blows my mind.

Anyway, like I said with Eclipse, if you score that Revolution Saints disc at 95% by the end of the year I will buy your entire top 50 list for you!!! ;) I'm predicting that'll be below Eclipse for me, which I rated 84%. Probably just on the 80% mark for me.

Rev Saints light AOR lol, you must be listening to a different album to me ;-)

I havent rated any disc so far this year, and maybe won't rate any at all full spot.....but I could easily see this achieving 90% - not a weak track in sight and there at least 5 or 6 utter killers, including the cover (which I usually hate, but this is brilliant and an improvement on the original).

If anything the disc gets better on each listen so I can't see that assessment reducing.

DC's vocals throughout are inspired and DA's guitars are off the scale.

A very special album indeed imo.

That ISSA is so weak it does nothing for me at all. Her vocals are not that good and music is just weak.

My Issa Ratings:
Crossfire 5/10
New Horizon 7/10
Raintown 5.5/10
Long Time Coming 4/10
Fight Fire with Rain 7/10
Heartbeat 6.5/10
Electric Lights 4.5/10
Ghost Inside My Heart 7/10
Red Lights 6.75/10
We Rise 6.25/10
Only You 6.5/10
Total Avg: 60%

Rev Saints light AOR lol, you must be listening to a different album to me ;-)

There's about 4 sappy ballads (3 in a row, too, I think) that could have been lifted off any Journey album. The rockers are good, but I can't see how you guys are getting such high ratings with a handful of pretty by-the-numbers ballads involved. Like I said, I'll be stunned if the ratings for this stay as high as the initial ones, once it's had time to sink it.

Musically, I did say this was well ballsy enough. But yeah, in terms of a lot of the song writing, it does remind me of a much lighter AOR, just with a heavier music track. At times it is actually just like a heavy Journey album.

I get what you are saying Geoff,, but a "heavier Journey" to me is "Melodic Rock" So I will take it also!

And yes, WAY too many ballads!!!

Where are you guys getting 4 sappy ballads from? Dont Walk Away fits that bill I guess. But In The Name is hardly sappy.

Youre Not Alone is more of a power ballad.

Thats it, isnt it??

And they are all very good imo