2015 Ratings (so far)

AlphaMale

I've been playing all my worthy 2015 releases up until probably the end of this week, when I finally get through them all. Because of my going through my entire collection - even though I get to hear a lot of music - I fell like 2015 did not get the attention it deserved, nor will 2016. But it's cool. I'll get to it all one day (I hope). There are a lot I play and I definitely can't narrow it down to a smaller list at the moment. Maybe in time.

But I always meant to revisit this thread with an 'After the final rose' special. A lot of albums we probably all see in other people's lists, or discover after the end of the year, that I guess never really get discussed once we get around to checking them out.

So anyway, here's the 2015 albums I didn't get around to in 2015, but I heard after the fact. Some really excellent stuff in there I missed the first time around (and some no so much);

1 . Magic Dance - Kiss Scene EP - 85
2 . Kristine - Kristine - 84
3 . Coldrain - Vena - 78
4 . Escape The Fate - Hate Me - 76
5 . These Kids Wear Crowns - Still Having Fun - 75
6 . A Life Divided - Human - 75
7 . Nalle Pahlsson's Royal Mess - Nalle Pahlsson's Royal Mess - 75
8 . The V - Now Or Never - 75
9 . Last Autumn's Dream - Paintings - 74
10 . Lifeline - Scream - 73
11 . Nasty Ratz - First Bite - 73
12 . Art Of Dying - Rise Up - 72
13 . Joel Hoekstra's 25 - Dying To Live - 71
14 . David A Saylor - Built 2 Fight - 67
15 . The Darker My Horizon - Acquiesce - 66
16 . Shooting Star - Into The Night - 64
17 . Symphony X - Underworld - 63
18 . Final Sign - Holding High The Flame - 58
19 . One Direction - Made in The AM - 54

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:

Really??! You listened to that!

Do you have a poster of them as well?? ;)

Degreed

I can't play this, for the moment, without thinking that I was robbed twice, one from band and one from the label. I was so pissed that I didn't even claim back my money, demonstrating obviously a superior morality.

hey Glen, how come you're disappointed in Cats in space first time and then ended up being a fan ? :D

It was a classic case of hype - I'd heard that the album was like classic ELO and so was expecting it to absolutely blow me away - hence my initial disappointment lead me not to give it the proper time.....I think I skipped through it on Spotify and didn't even listen to the full songs.

A mate of mine (whose opinion I rate pretty highly) kept banging on at me that the album was great, so I revisited it and yeah I'm really liking it now.

Seeing them in a months time too :)

Nah mate, no poster. It would be silly to put a poster on top of the One Direction wallpaper I have on every single room in my entire house. As well as the life sized dolls of all original members. And the One Direction kettle I own.

Anyway, I made no secret of the fact that I absolutely loved their 'Perfect' song from last year, so naturally, if I find myself liking a song, I am interested to hear if it's a one-off fluke, or if there's more to it. In One Direction's case, it was definitely a fluke...

Nah mate, no poster. It would be silly to put a poster on top of the One Direction wallpaper I have on every single room in my entire house. As well as the life sized dolls of all original members. And the One Direction kettle I own.

Anyway, I made no secret of the fact that I absolutely loved their 'Perfect' song from last year, so naturally, if I find myself liking a song, I am interested to hear if it's a one-off fluke, or if there's more to it. In One Direction's case, it was definitely a fluke...

My Daughter hates them.......nuff said.

[not that she dictates my listening preferences]

• My Little Pony

My Daughter hates them.......nuff said.

[not that she dictates my listening preferences]

[not yet, anyway]