The Poodles - Devil In The Details

Stefan

• My Little Pony

I liked Performocracy better than Tour De Force.

Yeah, but you also prefer The Seraphic Clockwork over Christ 0. You crazy bastard.

;}

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Right..I'm gonna stick my neck out now and say this is the best Poodles album since 'Clash Of The Elements'. I've been playing it all day and I really am pleasantly surprised how good it is, especially after the last 2 albums, which left me pretty disappointed if i'm honest. It is quite diverse (good thing) and It's got the trademark Poodles tracks 'Crack In The Wall', 'Everything', 'Before I Die', 'Alive' and 'Stop', the slightly heavier (and very excellent) 'Need To Believe' along with the ultra commercial, bordering on the pop style songs like ''The Greatest and '(What The Hell) Baby, both of which would be very strong as single releases. The only track I don't really like here is the last cut 'Borderline' which is a bit fillerish and bland. This really was a pleasant surprise, as I had pretty much given up any hope of a really strong releases from these guys again and they thankfully, have gone and proven me wrong.