Santa Cruz - s/t

Stefan

Dont.

You dislike it that much? Really? After some of the shit you've talked up this year? ;) I still think it's a very good disc and would definitely recommend it as one of the year's best so far.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe it's the production but they sound average to me. They played better in that youtube clip than on the CD to my ears. It sounded looser and it had a swagger about it.

And what shit would that be?

Too many f bombs & really only 2 stand out tracks imo.

Just Soto and that other album we were talking about the other day. I'd add NFO in the mix but I appreciate that's just another style of music and suited to a taste not everyone can associate with. What was that other band we were talking about the other day? Some album everyone hated but you came out of the blue with your support for it. It's slipped my mind, but it's there... ;)

Anyway, as for this one... production is killer, hand to christ I have not even noticed or cared about the "fucks" and I just dig the heck out of the disc. Really good stuff.

The Soto is good but not great.

The other one was Europe probably which again is not great but also not terrible as some make out...just a more classic rock style.

As for SC - its not a bad album just not as good as id hoped having already heard the first 2 singles which turn out to be excellent but also the 2 stand out tracks which is disappointing.

And there is too much (unnecessary) swearing on some songs imo.

• 2 months later...

So after much debate I purchased this CD after checking out that YouTube clip. Glen is 100% correct, that clip slays the album.

I was underwhelmed by the debut and now this one as well.

Not sure what it is but I dig their samples, their vibe and sound but fuck me they can't write a catchy tune to save themselves. Repeated listens of both albums dont help and just further illuminate there's not much here.

Look for some trade fodder soon!

I like the first one better probably by two or three miles, but I agree there's something that can't make em a 90%-ish band, not sure what but anyway I just dislike the new style on the second album, should stick to the debut

Yep still not much love for this. As i said the 2 lead songs were really good but the album as a whole is a letdown in my opinion.

Am i motherfucking right?? ;-)

No, you're all motherfucking wrong... except Russ. The first song is a bit of a dogs balls, but I love the rest of the album and it kicks the fucking shit out of the unspectacular fucking debut.

For me its a case of I bought the debut on the strength of Aimin high (which is still my fave Cruz song) and was not blown away. I also managed to snag a cheap copy of the earlier EP and had the same feeling. I held off on the self titled album as the first singles did not excite me either, but when I finally bought it I was blown away, and even the two songs that did not excite me initially became hooked into my head and I now fully appreciate them. This made me revisit the debut and I now love that one as well. Still say the self titled is the much better album though, by a country mile.

For me its a case of I bought the debut on the strength of Aimin high (which is still my fave Cruz song) and was not blown away. I also managed to snag a cheap copy of the earlier EP and had the same feeling. I held off on the self titled album as the first singles did not excite me either, but when I finally bought it I was blown away, and even the two songs that did not excite me initially became hooked into my head and I now fully appreciate them. This made me revisit the debut and I now love that one as well. Still say the self titled is the much better album though, by a country mile.

I bought the debut and thought it was a massive disappointment. Now I'm going to have to listen to the self-titled. And it's all your fault.

;)

• 3 weeks later...

God I need to make it on here more often. I'm always missing all the cool shit when it comes out & having to play catch up lol. I watched the clips. I like the songs. So because of this thread I had to order both these albums & the whole H.E.A.T. catalog from Amazon with my new Amazon credit card. Damn I'm glad I'm divorced already & don't have to listen to a whiny wife bitch about my purchases haha.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Is this the next single, and if so, why? I love the album, but imo this is certainly not one of the better songs on there. One of the weakest, imo.