Halestorm - Into The Wild Life

Stefan

I checked out ...The Strange Case Of a couple of weeks ago and wasn't that impressed. The debut was probably their strongest album for me but not strong enough for me to rate any tracks from it. However Bad Romance from the Reanimate covers EP rocks!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You didn't like 'Bet U Wish U Had Me Back' from the s/t disc? Still their crowning achievement, imo. I honestly actually forget most of 'Strange case of,' but I think 'Private Parts' was my pick from that one... I think.

It's ok, just gave it a re-listen and Halestorm just lack that last bit of magic that separates the good from the great. I think i'm one of the few people out there that doesn't rate Lzzy's voice.

I'm not happy about it, i'd heard the hype and was really looking forward to checking them out which i did on a lads music night when very drunk on red wine. Of course it sounded awesome but so would The Wombles with the amount i'd drunk. Sober it doesn't quite have the magic. I should stay pissed all the time :)

Just listened through this again on Spotify (minus the bonus tracks which dont feature)

Really puzzled why you guys hate on this so much.

I think its a very cool hard rock album with lots of variety.

Surprised no has mentioned 'Dear Daughter' yet? Having a daughter myself, this song really struck a chord with me...great and very real lyrics.

I loved 'Bad Girls World' as well.....such a cool vibe.

My favs are the rockers though 'I Am The Fire', 'Sick Individual' (she swears so effortlessly...unlike the juvenile Santa Cruz), 'Mayhem' is fooking awesome, 'Gonna Get Mine' is a fun rocker (naked pictures of her on my phone....yum), and of course 'Apocalyptic' is great......

Yeah, I like it ....a lot.

You didn't like 'Bet U Wish U Had Me Back' from the s/t disc? Still their crowning achievement, imo. I honestly actually forget most of 'Strange case of,' but I think 'Private Parts' was my pick from that one... I think.

Agreed on "Private Parts", but I think their best tune from any album is "Familiar Taste of Poison".

I'm not happy about it, i'd heard the hype and was really looking forward to checking them out which i did on a lads music night when very drunk on red wine. Of course it sounded awesome but so would The Wombles with the amount i'd drunk. Sober it doesn't quite have the magic. I should stay pissed all the time :)

Lads music night with red wine. Hmm, this explains a few things ;)

Just listened through this again on Spotify (minus the bonus tracks which dont feature)

Really puzzled why you guys hate on this so much.

I think its a very cool hard rock album with lots of variety.

Surprised no has mentioned 'Dear Daughter' yet? Having a daughter myself, this song really struck a chord with me...great and very real lyrics.

I loved 'Bad Girls World' as well.....such a cool vibe.

My favs are the rockers though 'I Am The Fire', 'Sick Individual' (she swears so effortlessly...unlike the juvenile Santa Cruz), 'Mayhem' is fooking awesome, 'Gonna Get Mine' is a fun rocker (naked pictures of her on my phone....yum), and of course 'Apocalyptic' is great......

Yeah, I like it ....a lot.

I don't get it either...love the album!

Dear Daughter is a strange track. At first listen I thought it was the worst track on the album. But then as I listened I grew to like it.

this is the sort of ballad i love........as opposed to ballads about sleeping alone, no one at home, empty home, my heart goes out.........etc etc etc which are Zzzzzzzzz for me now - so old and cliched.

Lads music night with red wine. Hmm, this explains a few things ;)

Red wine is my tipple of choice. I drink beer through the week but you can't beat a good red wine no matter what the occasion and music sounds better on wine i reckon.

I gotta admit, that beyond the singles and a couple of songs like Mayhem which I had heard live, I was a bit confused with this album initially as to whether I liked it or not as I think the mix of styles threw me. But after listening to it a few more times I realised just how good an album it is. I will admit the weakest track for me is Bad girls world as it kinda stands out like a sore thumb and doesnt really fit with the rest of the album, but its still not a bad song.

Of the three studio albums I would say this is probably the weakest, but only by a small margin.

Some truly great songs on this one.

I actually did a triple header last night of three recent releases (Halestorm, Jettblack and Santa Cruz) and realised how much I love all three and how many songs sound like I have known them for years due to how familiar they are, despite only being played a few times since I got them.

I've been giving Private Parts quite a few listens and it's grown on me a lot. It's made my fav playlist. Cheers Geoff *thumbsup*

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Brilliant ballad.

The older my daughter gets the more relevant this song becomes.

Perfectly executed imo.

Yeah, the album was released around the time my daughter was born and I was expecting to be touched by it at least just a little bit... but I can see what you're saying that it relates far more to an older daughter, maybe going through their teens, rather than a newborn. ;)

I still just don't really like the song at all anyway, though.

Brilliant ballad.

The older my daughter gets the more relevant this song becomes.

Perfectly executed imo.

Yeah, the album was released around the time my daughter was born and I was expecting to be touched by it at least just a little bit... but I can see what you're saying that it relates far more to an older daughter, maybe going through their teens, rather than a newborn. ;)

I still just don't really like the song at all anyway, though.

Sometimes the message and meaning is greater / more important than the song.

Oh, I have no doubt I will. The way the world is I personally never wanted a girl, but by christ I love that little thing and hope dearly we can map a world for her that will be as accomodating as possible. Such a little character...