LIES, DECEIT & TREACHERY (3/4 of Original BULLETBOYS)

AlphaMale

Not bad, singer sounds bit like Robert Mason

Jeezus wept he does. Sounds a whole lot like Robert Mason!

It's not horrendous... sounds a lot like Bulletboys, to be honest. Not great... but yeah, not bad.

Not bad, singer sounds bit like Robert Mason

Wow, just what I thought! Lol

• 3 months later...

I am always curious to hear how good or terrible the bands will sound. Glad the singers voice is similar. Definite plus

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2023 Gold Donors

The Robert Mason comparisons peaked my interest. I've been checking out Shane Tassart's solo work. I'm liking it. I can understand the Mason comments,  but i'm getting more of a Paul Laine vibe from thjs track. Either way i'm looking forward to an album.

Looks like Shane is out and a war has begun:

http://metalsludge.tv/tag/shane-tassart/

LAUGHS, DRAMA & SURGERY
Lies, Deceit & Treachery singer meltdown, “I’m out”, band reacts

Facebook — Who needs reality TV when we have reality internet.

Lies, Deceit & Treachery singer Shane Tassart has took to his personal Facebook to unload his feelings on some recent happenings within the group.

The back story is that Lies, Deceit & Treachery were (reportedly) offered a spot on the Monsters Of Rock Cruise in February. But Tassart notes in his post that he has to have surgery during the same timeframe.

In a nutshell it appears that there is a band break up and here are the dirty details from the members themselves.

“As many of you know, I have a tumor that is being removed in February. The monsters of rock cruise is also in February. A gig that has never been offered and there is no contract for. That being said the three other members of LDT want to play this gig so bad that instead of waiting for me to heal they are choosing to replace me.” wrote Tassart

The band is made up of  Mick Sweda on guitar, Lonnie Vencent on bass and Jimmy D’Anda who are 75% BulletBoys and 100% rock veterans.

All have appeared in other signed and touring projects dating back to mid 80’s with King Kobra and in recent times with D’Anda slammin’ cans for Lynch Mob. 

Tassart has been toiling around the scene for many years as well, but never reached the level of his bandmates, who he refers to as “the rockstars” in his recent rant and claims the ride (band) was “driven by backstabbing and drama.”

Tassart continues: “I told each of them if they used someone else on such a high profile gig I am out. I thought we were a band but found out again that they are the rockstars and what I did in the band was unimportant and anyone could do what I did. I am heartbroken but relieved.” 

The singer ends his rant with a thank you to fans and adds; “I’m out.” 

Tassart’s original post has now been removed, but not before it stirred the pot.

D’Anda reacted with the following on his Facebook page: “Unfortunately the singer for Lies Deceit & Treachery has opted out of being in the band , though he sees it differently is besides the point .. I see a lot of hate on his page and that’s understandable when relationships come to an end… I just want to put it out there that I’ve always considered you my friend and always will, it’s just unfortunate that things went this way. I wish you and your family nothing but the best in the future.”

Sweda a man of few words, but many riffs writes: “As for recent events, I will say this: In the frantic rush to judgement, one need not break a sweat or even arise. One need only stroke a few careless keys to feel empowered enough to display the full depth of their ignorance.”

Tassart on the other hand has posted ten times and writing things like: “I am fine and know that I will be singing in public sooner than later. It just won’t be with those guys. Am I hurt and upset? Very much so but I will get over it. I always do.” and “I know that by closing a door, it left one to open for something even greater. It was a stepping stone.”

Lies, Deceit & Treachery have updated their official Facebook page with an image of the 3 members, minus Tassart.

Log onto the Metal Sludge Gossip Boards to see what fans and bloggers are saying about this.

Happy New Year everyone from Metal Sludge.

On 1/12/2018 at 9:35 PM, Darkstone said:

The Robert Mason comparisons peaked my interest. I've been checking out Shane Tassart's solo work. I'm liking it. I can understand the Mason comments,  but i'm getting more of a Paul Laine vibe from thjs track. Either way i'm looking forward to an album.

That's Robert Mason all the way!

• 2 weeks later...

" Lies, Deceit & Treachery ", sounds like an apt name.

To be fair though, Tassart says its a "high profile" gig, so why would the band not want to play it?

Would not be the first time a band has used a sub when someone is out of action, and if its a decent pay day, and a one of show, why would he be so against it for them?

• 3 months later...

I know that you cannot take a the sound of a gig recorded on a phone as a 100% indicator, but overall I do not like those vocals.

Say what you want about Torien being a dick etc, but his voice is suited to these songs, this guy not so much.

Shame that didn't work out as that 'Without you' song is pretty cool. I like it.  

BTW, anyone notice a cool song on the last Bulletboys album? Shamelessly commercial effort, but I love 'Once upon a crime.' 

• 1 year later...

Well things are not better over a year later as another singer has quit.

Really starting to look like maybe Torien is not the only problem with what was the original Bulletboys.

Hell, with Sweda playing with him recently that has to start fueling a reunion rumour I am sure.

http://metalsludge.tv/drama-lies-deceit-treachery-singer-andrew-freeman-quits-everything-mick-sent-me-sucked/

Sleazeroxx —  Last in Line and Lynch Moblead vocalist Andrew Freeman announced yesterday that he was no longer a part of Lies, Deceit & Treachery with the following three former BulletBoysmembers — guitarist Mick Sweda, drummer Jimmy D’Anda and bassist Lonnie Vencent.

The following message was posted by Freeman on one of his Facebook accounts yesterday:

“As of today, I am no longer working with the band Lies Deceit and Treachery. Which means I am no longer working their record. Lots of work on the horizon. Thanks for being interested!!”

In a soon to be posted interview with Sleaze RoxxSweda revealed that Freemanquit the band yesterday after he found out that Sweda had jammed the night before (on August 27, 2019) with current BulletBoys frontman Marq TorienSleaze Roxx posted an article in that regard this morning and Freeman has posted various reply comments on that Facebook thread this afternoon.

Freeman‘s comments include:

[In terms of Lies, Deceit & Treachery “kicking ass” during the few gigs that they landed] “I agree. There [is] a lot more to the story but honestly, who cares. Not to many people care about the original band so why would they care about LDT unless you make a record. Everything Mick sent me sucked.”

[In regard to having better things to do such as Lynch Mob and Last In Line] “… you are absolutely right! Thanks Brad

• 3 months later...
On 8/30/2019 at 5:51 AM, Captain Howdy said:

Well things are not better over a year later as another singer has quit.

Really starting to look like maybe Torien is not the only problem with what was the original Bulletboys.

Hell, with Sweda playing with him recently that has to start fueling a reunion rumour I am sure.

Bingo!!

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/original-bulletboys-lineup-to-perform-at-kentuckys-80s-rock-the-dam-fest/