LIES, DECEIT & TREACHERY (3/4 of Original BULLETBOYS)

AlphaMale

http://dkdirect.metalsludge.tv/?p=47608

LDT_BB_Dec_19_2014_3.jpg

BULLETBOYLESS
3/4 of the original BulletBoys (sans the singer) launch new group Lies, Deceit & Treachery

Los Angeles — Hard as a rock and ready to rock. Lies, Deceit & Treachery are on the books with a debut gig in the city of sin and it’s just around the corner. The Los Angeles based band is made up of 3 original and former (founding) BulletBoys members Mick Sweda (guitar), Lonnie Vencent (bass) and Jimmy D’Anda (drums). The guys have recruited Shane Tassart as their singer.

Ironic or not, but the bands name was quoted by BulletBoys singer Marq Torien exactly 1 year ago this week. Back on December 18th 2013 Torien took to social networks and stated: “The music business is Bullshit! Nothing changes, just the same ol F#9! Lies, deceit and treachery.” The singer continued with; “I love to be lied to. Especially from the ones you trust the most!”

Back to LDT, according to some recent updates via the band’s official facebook - they are killing it in rehearsals. The band uploaded snippets from studio that include “Hard As A Rock” and “Hell On My Heels.”

Sweda and Vencent along with Torien were part of the King Kobra revolving door back in the late 80’s. But that group eventually ran it’s course and the 3 started the BulletBoys brand with D’Anda on drums. They played a handful of Hollywood local shows and soon enough were snatched up by Warner Brothers Records. What followed was some solid success with 3 albums and scoring a big hit with “Smooth Up.” Torien has continued to tour with Bulletboys.

Lies, Deceit & Treachery is set to play Las Vegas at “Vamp’d” in early January 2015. See flyer below.

Oy vey. (facepalm)....

Oy vey. (facepalm)....

Somehow I knew you'd love this...LOL!

The only thing more useless than a 3/4 reunion of the original Bulletboys...

...would be a full reunion of the original Bulletboys.

Oy vey. (facepalm)....

Ah come on you know Smooth Up In Ya is one of the best songs of all time along with that album cover.

If anything you got to think these names out. I mean "Lies, Deceit, Treachery" isn't even a good acronym, LDT.

I mean c'mon! If you just swapped the Deceit and Treachery:

Lies, Treachery and Deceit or LTD.

Boom infinitely better.

Just like that damned Pink Velvet Krush band. Guys spell Krush with a "C" and you can acronym yourself "PVC".

You got to always be thinking of marketing and T-Shirt sales kids OK, its music 101.

Oy vey. (facepalm)....

I know you hate them but I still love the first three albums and half of Acid Monkey. The rest is bad and Marq certainly is a wank either way. But the music, I like :)

I'm with you mullethead, loved the first 3 and a few off acid monkey. Love the groove that sweda has in his playing but could live without that fkn track for the love of money!

Ah come on you know Smooth Up In Ya is one of the best songs of all time

Don't force me to slap you, Bob. :D

I'm with you mullethead, loved the first 3 and a few off acid monkey. Love the groove that sweda has in his playing but could live without that fkn track for the love of money!

A lot of people don't like ZaZa but I thought it was killer. The opening track is a ball buster!

A lot of people don't like ZaZa but I thought it was killer. The opening track is a ball buster!

The debut and 'Zaza' are great, imo. Especially the debut.

The debut and 'Zaza' are great, imo. Especially the debut.

Holy shit! We agree on something???

why is there such a disklike for buletboys? they've got some amazing records out.

I agree totally...the debut is one of the best releases in 1988.

Debut is classic

• 2 years later...

It's humourous that those first few yelps sound exactly like Marq, then when the singing starts the voice is totally different. I can only take that as an intentional slap to Marq.