What's your 2014 album, song and debut of the year?

tts42572

• My Little Pony

The solo vocals would improve this song ten fold. I was almost going to list it as one of the 3 songs by HEAT I dislike (instead of 2) because I absolutely hate that chanty viking chorus. HATE it. But jeez the verses are good. Sooo good. So it's hard to list it in my least favourite songs, but it possibly would be my 3rd least favourite HEAT song. Did I mention I hate that chorus? As for 'Shot at redemption,' no argument will ever sway me on that. I just think it's a dreadful song. Their whole discography is full of sing-a-long songs... only difference is most of them are good! ;) And count me in as a lover of 'Downtown.' Absolutely love that song.

I tell you what is an annoying HEAT song....Beg Beg Beg.

Now you are just being silly.

No im not. Its the worst song on my version of Freedom Rock.

So it's the only song on your version.

That's called a single, Glenard.

All 3 were monster tracks live.....esp Laughing at tomorrow which Erik sang more on his own.

The solo vocals would improve this song ten fold. I was almost going to list it as one of the 3 songs by HEAT I dislike (instead of 2) because I absolutely hate that chanty viking chorus. HATE it. But jeez the verses are good. Sooo good. So it's hard to list it in my least favourite songs, but it possibly would be my 3rd least favourite HEAT song. Did I mention I hate that chorus?

As for 'Shot at redemption,' no argument will ever sway me on that. I just think it's a dreadful song. Their whole discography is full of sing-a-long songs... only difference is most of them are good! ;)

And count me in as a lover of 'Downtown.' Absolutely love that song.

Laughing at tomorrow has nothing to with a chanty viking chorus....its about the band singing together about a common theme....have you even read the lyrics? Nothing even remotely Nordic about the song. And as you say the verses are pure bliss....possibly the best verses on the album.

I like it. Its not the best song on the album, but I always listen to it...never skip. And as I say it was one of if not the best song live and they finished with it....just a feel good song.

Shot At Redemption has a quirky verse, but the chorus is pretty cool and the solo and post solo bridge absolutely smoke. Pure 100% HEAT imo

I tell you what is an annoying HEAT song....Beg Beg Beg.

Haha, "Beg Beg Beg" is actually one of my absolute favorites by the band.

I agree that the chorus in "Laughing at Tommorow" is dreadful, sounds to me like soccer fans chanting away during a soccer game, just awful imo, and totally ruins the song for me.

Yeah, Glen, you misunderstand. I'm not referring to the lyrics at all. Just like I'm sure Kristian is not saying the song is about soccer; I am not saying the song's lyrical content is about vikings. It just has that horrible sound, like a bunch of vikings chanting around a campfire in the arctic. Or annoying pain in the ass soccer fans chanting. It's just horrid... use what ever metaphor you wish to describe it.

I love 'Beg beg beg' too. Great catchy tune.

As for 'Shot at redemption,' the chorus is the part I hate most. I just hate that lyric "seems like forever I've been singing on this song." I keep thinking it doesn't make sense, but then it does so it makes me angry and I just hate it. It's a horrible line and a horrible song.

Can we at least all agree Kix Inside Outside Inn is the worst track of the year?

lol, not even close. ;) I don't even think it was the worst song on a very average album. :lol: It's shit... but there's so many worse, sadly. :(

My vote for the silliest argument on HH this year is the hate and love thing going on with 'Beg, Beg, Beg' and 'Shot At Redemption'. :D

BTW, I personally love both tracks.

My vote for the silliest argument on HH this year is the hate and love thing going on with 'Beg, Beg, Beg' and 'Shot At Redemption'. :D

I dont 'hate' any HEAT song.....I just find Beg Beg Beg to be slightly annoying and it is the weakest track on Freedom Rock........and in that I mean about 7.5-8 rather than 9-10 ;-)

I like Shot plenty but it one of the weakest track on the new album and again that means around 8/10.

• My Little Pony

My vote for the silliest argument on HH this year is any argument involving Geoffrey. Can we all agree he's odd, and nothing he says will make complete sense? So, maybe we don't -- wait, we already have a bloody smiley for him: :geoffadillos:

back on Topic - not sure of an absolute fav track of 2014 but these were all pretty awesome.

In no order (limited to one per album)-

HEAT - Point of No Return
Steel Panther - Bukkake Tears
Seven - Inside Love
White Widdow - Never Again
Work Of Art - How Will I Know
Ammunition - Take Me Down
Harem Scarem - Troubled Times
Vega - The Fall (i LOVE the first 5 tracks, but this is still my fav)
Night by Night - Everywhere Tonight

and a special mention to -

Confess - What's Love Got To With It [best cover ive ever heard!]

• 3 weeks later...
  • My Little Pony

Once again my favourite album of the year was not an album that would gain much traction on these hallowed pages. Surprise, surprise? Well, actually I always am.

Tove Lo's Queen of the Clouds was not an album I was expecting to love this much, and it would probably take every position on this thread. My favourite album of 2014. My favourite debut of 2014. And "Moments" and "Got Love" share top spot for song of 2014.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZA3iFEJIUlo

Once again my favourite album of the year was not an album that would gain much traction on these hallowed pages. Surprise, surprise? Well, actually I always am.

Tove Lo's Queen of the Clouds was not an album I was expecting to love this much, and it would probably take every position on this thread. My favourite album of 2014. My favourite debut of 2014. And "Moments" and "Got Love" share top spot for song of 2014.

Not bad, Face Full Of Karpet.

Just got White Widdow the other day, and I shit you not I listened to that thing at least ten times in my work van, no thanks to the fucking snow. Anyway this is a very close second to Crazy Lixx, it just doesn't have the attitude CL has.

Favorite song has to be Girl Of The 80's.

• My Little Pony

Not sure what to say Nolan. Ummmm! Yeah! OK!

I believe this is the first time Geoffrey has agreed with me (sort of, I mean, as much as he ever will), and David did not.

Not sure what to say Nolan. Ummmm! Yeah! OK!

I believe this is the first time Geoffrey has agreed with me (sort of, I mean, as much as he ever will), and David did not.

Yeah, don't get too excited, KarpetEyebrows. Like I said, it actually sounds pretty decent. But don't think I don't think you're a creep for labelling the very best of the year. When I say it's okay, I'm talking maybe halfway up my list of albums from the year... not a chance to combat the actual best discs of the year, though. ;)

• My Little Pony

lol

that's just like Josh Groban song, 'you raise me up and slam me down'

I think The Foundations' "Build Me Up Buttercup" would be a better example.

Because he never calls, when he say he will.

Top Albums in order

Crazy Lixx - Crazy Lixx

Kissin' Dynamite - Megalomania

Kix - Rock Your Face Off

Freedom Call - Beyond

AC/DC - Rock Or Bust

H.E.A.T. - Tearing Down The Walls

Ten - Albion

Pretty Wild - s/t

Top Song, hmmm

Kissin' Dynamite - DNA

Albums I'm still leaning at getting:

White Widdow - Crossfire

Fatal Smile - White Trash Heroes

Wild Rose - Hit 'N' Run

Miss Behaviour - Double Agent

New albums I'm looking forward to:

Ammunition

Scorpions

I'm gonna have to go with White Widdow's Crossfire as well, been listening to it a lot recently and can't think of any other (very good) release 2014 right now :D best song probably also from that album, Born to be a Rebel I'd say (also liked Nasty Habit's ''Dancin' on my tongue'' a lot). Now in terms of debut....... DEFINITELY Smokin' Aces, their EP was really good, very promising

Honorable mention goes out to Nick Johnston who released a great instrumental album with ''Atomic Mind''