Eclipse - Armageddonize

Stefan

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• My Little Pony

My guess is that this will be a live cd and if we're lucky there might be a new track or two ragged on the end.

Well, now you're just playing with my emotions.

Stockholm-based Hard Rockers ECLIPSE will release their fifth album “Armageddonize” on February 20th in Europe and February 24th in North America via Frontiers Music Srl. Recorded and produced by the band’s main songwriter and singer Erik Mårtensson and lead guitarist Magnus Henriksson, this new release sees the quartet ready to unleash 11 monster slices of melodic, yet hard-hitting, Rock on their ever growing fan base!

In the second half of 2014, ECLIPSE teamed up again to write their new studio album. The bar was set high and the initial goal was to top their latest album and the result was achieved brilliantly with the aptly titled “Armageddonize,” an album where the band rocks from start to finish like there is no tomorrow!

Says guitarist Magnus Henriksson: "No ECLIPSE fan will be disappointed. I guarantee that! Eclipse fans are very open minded and have always embraced the fact that this band is constantly evolving for the better. We have some surprises on ´Armageddonize´ that the fans might not expect. We became better songwriters on each album we did and Erik on this one sings better than ever. It´s incredible how he keeps getting better. I thought we had heard the best from him, but no. You´ll be surprised to hear how damn good he sings!"

With “Armageddonize,” ECLIPSE are showing that they are not anymore the brightest hope for Melodic Hard Rock music, but a truly solid and hard as a rock reality. They are still young, ambitious and full of energy. ECLIPSE music is not a revival, and it’s not nostalgic. Still… it’s by far the best you can have today if you love rock music with energy, great songs, and want to hear a band that has the ambition to be on top of the world!

With the release of their fourth album "Bleed And Scream", ECLIPSE gained a solid reputation and a steady following with this album that took their melodic Hard Rock roots in a more contemporary direction. Producer and main songwriters Erik Mårtensson and Magnus Henriksson strongly improved their skills by writing and producing a vast amount of bands and projects, from the successful W.E.T. albums (together with singer Jeff Scott Soto and Robert Säll from Work of Art) to Toby Hitchcock, Giant, Jimi Jamison, Dalton, Adrenaline Rush just to name a few. This has gained Mårtensson a reputation as one of the top producers/songwriters in this genre today.

Concludes Magnus: "We started as a band with all kinds of influences, but I think on our third release ´Are you ready to rock´, we started to work more on the songwriting and the ´ECLIPSE´ sound finally took its shape. I think you can hear that most distinctly in the song ´How to mend a broken heart´. That style of songwriting is very Eclipse and it rubbed off a lot on the W.E.T. sound as well, particularly on songs like: ´One love´ and ´Walk away´. On ´Armageddonize´ our style is chiseled out and it sounds more Eclipse than ever. We´ve got our own unique sound now. No other band sounds like Eclipse today and we wanna see where we can take this band. I know we´ve got so much more in us. The sonic blast is here to stay!!"

"Armageddonize" track listing includes:

1. I Don't Wanna Say I'm Sorry
2. Stand On Your Feet
3. The Storm
4. Blood Enemies
5. Wide Open
6. Live Like I'm Dying
7. Breakdown
8. Love Bites
9. Caught Up In The Rush
10. One Life - My Life
11. All Died Young

ECLIPSE will support the release of the new album with an extensive European tour, which will kick off with a show at the Debaser in their hometown, Stockholm on March 4th. More shows are planned in Sweden, UK, Spain and Italy, where the band will appear at the Frontiers Rock Festival on April 11th. All confirmed dates are available at www.facebook.com/EclipseSweden/app_12396

­6167614127

Don’t miss the Eclipse show and get ready to be "Armaggeddonized"!

ECLIPSE

Erik Mårtensson - vocals, guitar
Magnus Henriksson - lead & rhythm guitar
Robban Bäck - drums
Magnus Ulfstedt – bass

• My Little Pony

With Armageddonize, ECLIPSE are showing that they are not anymore the brightest hope for Melodic Hard Rock music, but a truly solid and hard as a rock reality.

Maybe the true sentiment is lost in translation, but this does not sound very flattering.

With Armageddonize, ECLIPSE are showing that they are not anymore the brightest hope for Melodic Hard Rock music, but a truly solid and hard as a rock reality.

Maybe the true sentiment is lost in translation, but this does not sound very flattering.

All its saying is rather than they could be great...they are great

And the EPK sounds. ...well, great actually

• 2 weeks later...

Really looking forward to this one! Great band!!

clips of the first 2 songs sound pretty special.

Like a continuation of the melodic hard rock from Bleed & Scream. Very nice.

Agree!!! Can not wait

• My Little Pony

Finally listened to that EPK, and I am officially excited for this. Sounds like it's gonna be better than Bleed and Scream.

I dont have any additional info on a Treat release in 2015.

But can you at least show us where you saw that?

Andre, the vaguest poster of all returns! You've been out of action for a while with these mystery posts, mate. I kinda like it better that way. ;) As a massive fan of Treat, it's quite cruel to post here that there is a chance that Treat may actually record again, only to then basically admit it's your imagination doing odd things.

Anyway, I thought the Def Lep thing too with the album title, but didn't even put the song title in the mix too. Well spotted. Def Lep all around.

To address some queries herein, the information I have is not something that is available to be seen online. It is mere speculation at this stage centred around Treat appearing at Frontiers festival April 2015.

There's a number of people who believe Treat will issue a new record through Frontiers Records in the near future as a result of this gig.

Apologeis to Geoff et al for any unintentional cruelty shown through my post.

You bastard!

I think I recall them saying they weren't going to record anything after Coup de Grace, in an attempt to end on a high note, but they would still tour. This might just be that. So I'm not holding my breath.

Who the fuck am I kidding? Of course I'm holding my breath. You bastard!

Don't you dare dangle that TREAT carrot that's grounds for being Bannned.

• 2 weeks later...

3 new sample added today over at Melodicrock.com. Really can't wait for this to drop!

• 2 weeks later...

Amazing song, won't surprise me at all if this album ended up as #1 in hundreds of people's list

... if Wigelius don't release their CD.

There you go mate, just finished your post for you.

I agree it's a great song, but the 3 Wigelius songs are all better than the two new Eclipse songs, imo... although all 5 are excellent tracks!

Depends on what you want..........the Wigelius sounds great but is much lighter.

Also, Im pretty sure from the samples that Eclipse have at least 9 winners on an 11 track album which is impressive.

Looking forward to both and a great year in MR....again.

By the way did you notice that this was an inspiro rocker lol. Inspiro rockers should all be as good as this ;-)

:lol: There were actually 2 inspiro rockers which tantalised in 2014. Can't think of both off the top of my head, but one was 'Dreams don't die' by WW, which is an awesome track. And there's another really blatant believe in your dreams type track I can't think of. But it's nice to know they don't all have to suck.

:lol: There were actually 2 inspiro rockers which tantalised in 2014. Can't think of both off the top of my head, but one was 'Dreams don't die' by WW, which is an awesome track. And there's another really blatant believe in your dreams type track I can't think of. But it's nice to know they don't all have to suck.

HS? Theres an inspiro on there for sure. Pretty good too.