Hinder - When The Smoke Clears

Stefan

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The cover of Admiral Grey's "Dead to Me" was a surprise. Apparently, Marshal Dutton produced Admiral Grey's debut EP. I'm not sure who wrote it.

I like Admiral Grey's version much better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV-GCpcdST8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XX6XucwwK9E

Never heard Admiral Grey before - sounds pretty good to me. I will aim to check them out.

That 'Dead to me' song was one of my faves off the new album. Before everyone writes it off, it's worth a listen. It looks like most the clips posted here ('Intoxicated' and definitely 'I need another drink') are all the worst songs on the album.

Aside from these clunkers, there are some pretty good tunes on this one. It is very balladic for the most part, but not really any wimpy ballads. I found it pretty decent.

My only main issue with the album is just how far removed the entire sound is from the real Hinder sound. There's just nothing in common. Hinder were only around for a relatively short amount of time in the real scheme of things, but they had really forged their own sound and identity. Their songs were distinctly Hinder (even amongst all the copycats) and nothing is more clear on this disc than the fact that Winkler must have written basically all of their lyrics. Call them sexist, cheesy, samey, stupid... whatever you want... but they were a trademark for the Hinder sound. I miss the stupidness. :lol:

Anyway, I'm going on a bit now. In a nutshell, I really don't mind the album. It just doesn't sound a bit like Hinder to me, though. The whole band just sounds different.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

A couple of things Hinder related:

1. They've released a pretty damn cool new single - 'Remember Me.' Sounds absolutely nothing in the world at all like Hinder, but it's a cool tune and I'd look forward to an album of this;

2. And Austin John, the ex-lead singer, released an EP last year called 'Love Sick Radio.' For the most part it's pretty awful, awkward pop drivel. Even though there is a song on there - a pop song - about rock music and the dire state of pop music. It's called 'Clique to follow' and I simply just don't understand it. I don't understand why it's basically the exact type of song that the song is supposedly opposing? Very confusing. And why doesn't he "rock" anymore?

Anyway, all is not completely lost and there are two typical Hinder ballads in the mix;

223987.jpg

And for the record, he seems to have dropped the Winkler from his name (and consequently, the balls from his music).

Mmmm, that Remember Me track sounds more like Linkin Park to me.

2 mins 13 to 2 mins 25 is what I want to hear from Hinder !

I'll probably check it out as its Hinder but that isn't filling me with any kind of hope :(

Mmmm, that Remember Me track sounds more like Linkin Park to me.

2 mins 13 to 2 mins 25 is what I want to hear from Hinder !

I'll probably check it out as its Hinder but that isn't filling me with any kind of hope :(

It sure as shit don't sound like Hinder, that's for sure.

I assume that time you post is the solo time? Cool solo, hey? Lets loose a bit... I enjoyed it a lot too.

Hinder have not been shy to throw solos in their tunes ever since the 'Take it to the limit' album, though.

Love the new song and as for When The Smoke Clears (probs in the minority here) but i love that album and for me it's by far their best.

Holy shitballs mate, that's a huge call. I didn't hate it, but for me it was bar far their worst. ;) Well, apart from their debut, if you must include that. 'Far from close,' is it called? That is just crap.

• My Little Pony

Love the new song and as for When The Smoke Clears (probs in the minority here) but i love that album and for me it's by far their best.

Holy shitballs mate, that's a huge call. I didn't hate it, but for me it was bar far their worst. ;) Well, apart from their debut, if you must include that. 'Far from close,' is it called? That is just crap.

I didn't know there was one before Extreme Behavior.

I think they'd prefer you didn't know about it. I know I wish I didn't know about it. It's called 'Far From Close,' released in 2003;

Far%20from%20Close.jpg

1. Paste 03:44
2. Lay Me Down 03:31
3. Feelings 04:11
4. Look Back 03:13
5. End of Me 03:32
6. Stay the Same 03:25
7. My Ayslum 03:53
8. Back and Forth 02:50
9. Jealous Man 03:50
10. Eternity 03:40
11. Someday 04:45
12. Broken 05:22
13. Upside Down 04:03
And it's crap. Massive crap.

I think they'd prefer you didn't know about it. I know I wish I didn't know about it. It's called 'Far From Close,' released in 2003;

Far%20from%20Close.jpg

12. Broken 05:22
13. Upside Down 04:03
And it's crap. Massive crap.

Oh. That I didn't know.

Far%20from%20Close.jpg