Hinder - When The Smoke Clears

Stefan

Still sounds like Hinder. I see the first video is no longer available - was hoping to compare the two. Anyway, like I said, still sounds good to me so I hope they just hurry up and get this thing out, and stick with emo face... uh, I mean the new vocalist.

I'm pretty sure that's still Nolan singing on the video Stefan just posted.

I wonder who'll be singing on the new album?

A two version set like D2's "Cockroach" would be cool as hell :-)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

New album 'When The Smoke Clears' out May 12th.

hinderwhenthesmokecd.jpg

Tracks:

1. Rather Hate Than Hurt
2. Hit The Ground
3. Wasted Life
4. If Only For Tonight
5. Intoxicated
6. Dead To Me
7. Foolish Eyes
8. Nothing Left To Lose
9. Letting Go
10. I Need Another Drink

• 3 weeks later...

Hmmm, not sure what to make of that one. Doesn't really sound much like Hinder, but I guess it's not bad. I dunno, listening on a laptop without earphones and I trust it would sound better if I listened properly, but yeah, it's not amazing. But not bad...

The slow verse is pretty cool, was losing interest after the chorus but then the verse kicked in again. Weird song, that funnily I don't mind. Bit before the solo is weird. Lots of ideas on this one.

Hmmm, not sure what to make of that one. Doesn't really sound much like Hinder, but I guess it's not bad. I dunno, listening on a laptop without earphones and I trust it would sound better if I listened properly, but yeah, it's not amazing. But not bad...

its crap.

its crap.

I tend to agree....Nothing really pulling me into this new lineup. The two new songs are okay I guess but their sound seems to have moved to commercialized pop-rock with country undertones or something and is a long way from the sound of their first couple albums.

These guys have moved off my radar and I'm hearing nothing to move them back on.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been listening a lot to that "Hit the Ground" song, which I think is stellar, but today when I wanted to play it on my preferred streaming service, the track had gone.

I the checked out Hinder's website, and their Official Lyric Video for the track is a new version.

Not a whole lot different from the first version with Nolan Neil on vocals, but since I have played the 'old' version about 50 times, I can't really accept the new one,

had I heard it first I guess I would've liked it equally as much.

Btw I think the BPM is slightly higher on this new version.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • My Little Pony

This is actually a decent song.....not enough to make me buy my first cd by these guys but still decent...

What? You mean you still have not picked up Take It To the Limit?!! Yeah, me neither, but that would be the one to get.

;}

Very basic, average song. Does nothing for me at all.

If you have never checked out 'Take it to the limit' you are missing out on a seriously great hard rock album.

Agree on both counts.

Hinder is off my radar at this point....new stuff is doing nothing for me.

That said though, Take It To The Limit was a fantastic album...great modern melodic rock with a classic feel to it.

Very basic, average song. Does nothing for me at all.

If you have never checked out 'Take it to the limit' you are missing out on a seriously great hard rock album.