Major trade/sale disagreement!

And now it's starting to get ugly.

I hate being scammed and know how that feels. A cdr for $750??? I would have to kick somebody's ass.

If someone sent me CDs in FUCKING SHIT condition, I'd feel the same way.

So... receiving subpar condition CDs in a trade makes you feel justified in deliberately committing fraud to the tune of $750 (I don't care what you ended up refunding, your original intent was to get Peter for 750 large).

Got it.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be clear, the CD-R is 100% a band issued CD-R. I actually owned the CD-R before owning the original. Check out Fire Dept.'s facebook page, they have done some re-union shows, this is where they were selling their re-issue CD-Rs. I bought the CD-R re-issue from the band. This CD-R is much like the Trash Can Baby CD-R which sells for like $100 on ebay, hell the Fire Dept. bootleg on Timewarp sells for $70. I just want it to be clear, I did not make the CD-R, it was official released by the band.

And to state the obvious, if some idiot with more dollars than sense wants to spent $75.00, $150.00 or $500.00 on a cdr and that idiot KNOWS its a cdr than more power to them. The same can't be said if the person doesn't know.

As GI Joe would say: "Knowing is half the battle".

Anything less is just dishonest.

An eye for an eye my friend. You fuck me over, expect the same treatment.

There it is...I guess it was a matter of time before something caught up with you. You are as shady as you have ever been.

There, I decided not to be quiet...

Like others here on the board I can completely empathize with Josh over what happened & completely understand him getting pissed over receiving subpar condition cd's. Insert condition is a huge pet peeve of mine...scratches can be buffed out, but damaged inserts...you're stuck with them forever. And I honestly don't fault him for wanting to "get even". I just take issue with how he chose to do it. If he had instead sent an original Fire Dept cd, but ripped off the spines & taped them back on, I'd say the other guy had it coming, assuming what he's said about the stuff he received is true. Just my two cents.

Like others here on the board I can completely empathize with Josh over what happened & completely understand him getting pissed over receiving subpar condition cd's. Insert condition is a huge pet peeve of mine...scratches can be buffed out, but damaged inserts...you're stuck with them forever. And I honestly don't fault him for wanting to "get even". I just take issue with how he chose to do it. If he had instead sent an original Fire Dept cd, but ripped off the spines & taped them back on, I'd say the other guy had it coming, assuming what he's said about the stuff he received is true. Just my two cents.

Yep, that is a good assessment. Plus, if you are a CD collector selling to a CD collector (heck even selling to a non-collector) then you know sending inserts that are taped or have writing on them without telling the buyer ahead of time is absolute bullshit. Every one of you on here knows you would be absolutely fucking steamed if that happened to you whether you care to admit it or not. Shit, see some of you bitch about a lot of things on this board from Ebay fees, postage and handling to cracked jewel cases. And that's fine, but don't act like you don't understand how this went down and why.

Now, on the flip side I would not rip off the seller to the tune $750 either. I'd try to work something out and if it wasn't quite in my favor I would cut my losses and never trade with that seller again. That's just me. Karma is a bitch, gents.

I hate being scammed and know how that feels. A cdr for $750??? I would have to kick somebody's ass.

So... receiving subpar condition CDs in a trade makes you feel justified in deliberately committing fraud to the tune of $750 (I don't care what you ended up refunding, your original intent was to get Peter for 750 large).

Got it.

I'd say they BOTH committed fraud.

Got it.

I'd say they BOTH committed fraud.

You're right, but only one of us is willing to admit it. I have yet to see a post by Peter willing to admit fault. Thanks to both Jeff and Matt for looking at things from both sides. And I'd also like to thanks to those who have e-mailed me personally stating their thoughts (mostly along the lines of, way to stick it back to that asshole), but for obvious reasons, I'll let them voice who they are if they want.

No, the greatest blame for Josh, because he traded a CD-R (homemade fake cd), but I factory original CDs sent to him, and it's a big difference!

In his words is a big fucking lie, that shit was fucking some cd's of condition!

Just to explain in things, he was notified of in advance that these USED cd's, but factory original cds,not a cd-r!

One of the details that have some inside of front inset cd written with the pen, but the quality and condition of the paper is perfect, not even from this not condition of "poor".

The second objection, if a deposit is fully correct, but at some point there is a slight tab mark, why not let it be "excellent" condition,not "mint" ,but "excellent" ?

Which wrong I feel myself, and I admit that I had a back cover of one of cd, which I have not personally noticed that one of the cd came to me already that from whom I bought the one tape confirmed the spine of back cover, probably because the paper due to the weakness of otherwise would have torn.this was written in "very good" condition and will not "excellent" or not "mint"! Yes 9 CDs was, complaint with 3 cd's,we has negotiated the matter,

he agreed to I give him $ 100 on following trading (he $350 demanded from me,and I felt very so many), which will be among us.That's the point, and is not that three weeks later, he premeditated wait to get paid him $750 ($650+$100 compensation) for a original Fire Dept. cd (I was at least in my mind) and then without any warning he sent me a CD-R, whose value is approximately $ 1!

and this Josh not believe with me that the you bought from Fire Dept. band because it can not be manufactured in the band never, even the paper is disgraceful, undulating circuit is cut off.His conditions of judgment grades is different with my conditions of judgment grades , and this came out of his personal revenge!

To be clear, the CD-R is 100% a band issued CD-R. I actually owned the CD-R before owning the original. Check out Fire Dept.'s facebook page, they have done some re-union shows, this is where they were selling their re-issue CD-Rs. I bought the CD-R re-issue from the band. This CD-R is much like the Trash Can Baby CD-R which sells for like $100 on ebay, hell the Fire Dept. bootleg on Timewarp sells for $70. I just want it to be clear, I did not make the CD-R, it was official released by the band.

And to state the obvious, if some idiot with more dollars than sense wants to spent $75.00, $150.00 or $500.00 on a cdr and that idiot KNOWS its a cdr than more power to them. The same can't be said if the person doesn't know.

As GI Joe would say: "Knowing is half the battle".

Anything less is just dishonest.

An eye for an eye my friend. You fuck me over, expect the same treatment.

There it is...I guess it was a matter of time before something caught up with you. You are as shady as you have ever been.

There, I decided not to be quiet...

Its not an eye for an eye. It certainly sounds as if an agreement of compensation for the "imperfect" cd's was met and agreed upon.

Then the additional deceit began with the $650 cdr. Which was premeditated after the fact and after an agreement had been met for the original transaction. I keep seeing reference to a $100 delta for the condition issues...if that wasn't enough than you should have said so.

I would love to see ALL the cd's in question in the trade for reference sake. I did see the Fire Dept. CDR and be damned if it isn't a horrific example of cheap cheap cheap cheaply made product no matter what the source its rubbish.

Let's forget who f'd who and how bad. I can see where Josh felt screwed and of course Peter got screwed, as even Josh admits. Griping and forum members taking sides doesn't get to the solution. Both of you need to take a breath, and say to yourself, you will feel better, sleep better making this right with each other. I'm sure you won't be best buddies and visiting each other on holidays or anything but maybe, in this thread, we can work out a solution where this gets put to rest.

But the first question is....

Josh, you did the final "screwing" so to speak, yours was the greatest advantage monetary wise. Are you willing to work it out here in this thread to put this to rest or are you dead set on having "won" this battle of the screwing?

We don't know what the solution will be yet but I hope you will consider this, $750 is a lot of coin dude! :)

Peter, I am going to assume since you were hit hardest, that you are willing to work it out?

I'd like to see the condition of the CD's/Inserts that Peter sent to Josh as well. As Terry says above, If an extra $100 was agreed upon for the fist trade by both parties for the 'Damaged' inserts, then the first deal is done, case closed. If then Josh then still sent sent a CD-R to 'get his own back', then you sir are indeed a bit of a fraud aren't you?. As has been said so many times until we are all blue in the face here, it's about time both parties grew up, swallow their pride, reverse this trade asap and go your separate ways, but saying that, one of the parties involved has a lot more to give back than the other one, correct me if i'm wrong

Let's forget who f'd who and how bad. I can see where Josh felt screwed and of course Peter got screwed, as even Josh admits. Griping and forum members taking sides doesn't get to the solution. Both of you need to take a breath, and say to yourself, you will feel better, sleep better making this right with each other. I'm sure you won't be best buddies and visiting each other on holidays or anything but maybe, in this thread, we can work out a solution where this gets put to rest.

But the first question is....

Josh, you did the final "screwing" so to speak, yours was the greatest advantage monetary wise. Are you willing to work it out here in this thread to put this to rest or are you dead set on having "won" this battle of the screwing?

We don't know what the solution will be yet but I hope you will consider this, $750 is a lot of coin dude! :)

Peter, I am going to assume since you were hit hardest, that you are willing to work it out?

Hello Jeff!

Yes, I am willing to solve this issue, but unfortunately Josh longer want this! With him is still $ 450,from which I would like to get back at least $ 300,and then away from each other to live his own life more. He made a partial refunded me back $ 300 so far,but this is not enough, because I got from him a fake cd-r, which of the value of $1!!

That would be my suggestion!

I'd like to see the condition of the CD's/Inserts that Peter sent to Josh as well. As Terry says above, If an extra $100 was agreed upon for the fist trade by both parties for the 'Damaged' inserts, then the first deal is done, case closed. If then Josh then still sent sent a CD-R to 'get his own back', then you sir are indeed a bit of a fraud aren't you?. As has been said so many times until we are all blue in the face here, it's about time both parties grew up, swallow their pride, reverse this trade asap and go your separate ways, but saying that, one of the parties involved has a lot more to give back than the other one, correct me if i'm wrong

Yeah, I'd be interested to see how bad these inserts were too.

I'll be totally honest and admit that I went as far as to get my original paypal account shut down for the sake of $30, due to some Greek c*nt ripping me off. Long story short, we agreed on a 2 CD trade. I sent my 2 CDs, he did not send his 2 CDs. They weren't great value, but I lost about $50 overall. And I hold grudges like a mofo. So a few years later I contacted him, offered to sell him a couple of CDs for I thunk it was $30, he said yes, and I took his $30 and I admit I never sent anything to the nasty c*nt, who was even referenced here a few times as a scammer - which I only saw after my "dealings."

Of course paypal took his side and I refused to refund (when you still could) and had my paypal account shut down.

Anyway, why I tell this story. Because I can totally, 100% understand getting back at someone who really fucks you over and you know it. I totally get it. HOWEVER! And it's a big however, this case is so far over the top it's ridiculous. I have no doubt in the world that Cherokee's offer to compensate for $100 was far more than what was warranted for a couple of damaged inserts. So for Metal 4 Ever to not only spit on this offer, but to take a further $650 from him??!!! That is just pure theft, plain and simple, if I'm being honest.

Sure I can appreciate wishing to seek revenge as I know the feeling well, but holy fuck, at least keep it within reason. And if a solution had already been agreed upon, I just don't see the need for such a huge rip off. My 2 cents anyway...

Neither party is right here. Period...totally reversing the transaction with the minor costs and moving on without any further business is the only way to go in my opinion.

I have bought from Cherokee without issue but that doesn't mean it can't happen. I have also bought from Josh and while there were no condition issues I didn't care for his practices. That said if I were doing ANY kind of deal this huge I would be asking for every little detail including scans of the cd and artwork. You're both at fault in my eyes from afar.

Purposely trying to fuck someone out of money to get even is ridiculous and I'd love to know who said is was a good move to Josh so that I don't do business with them either. On the flip side, death threats over a cd? Really??? Isn't there enough to worry about today without that kind of shit?

Bottom line, grow up, reverse the deal and never speak to one another again.

I agree reversing the deal is the best solution.Unfortunately these two are not going to trust each other to do this. The only way is to get a trusted third party to be the middleman but as also mentioned there are pitfalls for whoever is the middleman.....so maybe another $200-300 should be given back for the cd-r....

• My Little Pony

I'm going to stick with the boring phrase " two wrongs don't make it right".

I thought it was Two Wrongs (Don't Make it Love).

Not taking sides here, but Josh did propose the option of reversing the trade, as many people here have suggested. Put yourself in his position. You already feel like you've been fucked in one trade, & now the only solution the other party will agree to is to do another one?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • My Little Pony

Did this ever get resolved? I hope Peter at the very least got another $300 back.

Why you digging up this old shit, bud?