New CRAZY LIXX album in November

DeLaCruz

You like 'Psycho City' too? Mate, you need to see a doctor over there. I think you've been bitten by some kind of vicious tropical bug. Or some Bali belly has got to your ears? ;)

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just one more question : Which is this..........

Is it me or is the vocalist of Crazy Lixx just weak? I thought this when I saw them live.....I thought he struggled throughout the whole gig if I'm honest. I just think he is the weak link throughout most of their albums. He's decent, but could be better.

Just throwing it out there for comment...............

Oh, no doubt at all he's not the greatest singer ever. But that said, I'd have it no other way and for me he is the voice of Crazy Lixx. I feel like his comparatively weak vocals have been discussed before, but for me, as long as the songs stay good I think he does a good enough job and I wouldn't personally pinpoint him as being noticeably bad. Just a little weaker than some. ;)

I think the reason why some dudes don't sing well live because they have daily jobs and also taking care of their family hence the lack of rehearsing time.

Unlike some bands who are really dedicated to music like H.E.A.T for instance, probably they practice 6-8 hours a day to keep the band's rhythm tight and don't need to wake up early to commute to work lol

BTW Riot Avenue is a great album too but i think it's on par with the debut while this new one is on par with 'New Religion' and for me NR and s/t are the better albums

I'd agree with this. He's definitely not a strong vocalist and wouldn't win a singing competition. But on the flip side, I think he does fit the style well.

I do think though it's partly why the hooks and harmonies are so important for these guys...Their singer isn't going to put these songs over the top so they need to dress them up. I think it's a big reason why I didn't care for Riot Avenue....Just wasn't dressed up enough and the singer isn't strong enough to make it work.

I have no problem with him though and he's fine as long as the songs are good...Which I think they are on this release for the most part.

Definitely a strong release for these guys. Riot Avenue had sorta taken them off my radar but they've climbed back on now :)

Oh, no doubt at all he's not the greatest singer ever. But that said, I'd have it no other way and for me he is the voice of Crazy Lixx. I feel like his comparatively weak vocals have been discussed before, but for me, as long as the songs stay good I think he does a good enough job and I wouldn't personally pinpoint him as being noticeably bad. Just a little weaker than some. ;)

I agree...First half is definitely more melodic and more varied in it's approach. I think the first half is really top notch.

The second half isn't bad by any means though. I do like how the "rock" picks back up in the middle and I'm glad they put Heroes on there as that sorta gives me something to look forward to. And honestly, that's about the end of the album for me as Psycho City and Wrecking Ball Crew both aren't that interesting to me. I wish there were a better track ending the album as Wrecking Ball Crew is easily my least favorite track.

Anybody heard the Japanese release of this album? I see "Bad Luck" is a bonus track on that album and wondering how that sounds.

I think first half is as strong as the second, all tracks are really enjoyable with probably 'Outlaw' is a bit weaker than the rest but that's still a killer

yeah not sure why but maybe the first album isn't easy to get and getting rare so that's their idea to introduce the debut

Yeah, first half is a bit more melodic which I prefer.

Definitely a real cracker this album, faves so far are "Heall Raising Women", "Outlaw", "I Missed the Mark" and "Call to Action".

I doubt they will ever match the brilliance of New Religion, which I consider one of the best rock albums this side of the millennium.

I am still waiting for my copy, but have heard all the songs. I think it sounds good and can't wait to crank the cd in the car! New Religion was my #1 album of 2010 and will always be hard to beat, but this is pretty good and will be their 2nd best album(but I don't own the debut). Riot Avenue (for me)is really good and if not for the not so great production probably would have sat better for the ones that did not care for it so much. although the songs on R.A. are not as good as N.R., I think it is a great album.

Definitely a real cracker this album, faves so far are "Heall Raising Women", "Outlaw", "I Missed the Mark" and "Call to Action".

I doubt they will ever match the brilliance of New Religion, which I consider one of the best rock albums this side of the millennium.

I think this new album is really able to match New Religion, haven't heard the Japanese bonus track but I've ordered the CD so can't wait to crank it up in a week !

Im kinda the opposite with this one.........I do like it, but my liking of all things sleaze has waned just a tad in the 12-18 months.

I just find a lot of cliched songs titles and lyrics which dont interest me much anymore.

Getting old I guess :-(

If I was 16 again I would imagine this would be my fav release of the whole of 2014.

Heard the Japanese bonus track "Bad Luck"...It's posted on You Tube...

I listened to it once...Really doesn't do anything for me. Glad I avoided the Japanese release this time around. For once, doesn't feel like I'm missing out on something.

Still loving the rest of the album though and this new album could very well wind up being my favorite CL album.

Bad luck will probably be the best Crazy Lixx song ever recorded ;-)

I listened to it once...Really doesn't do anything for me. Glad I avoided the Japanese release this time around. For once, doesn't feel like I'm missing out on something.

Still loving the rest of the album though and this new album could very well wind up being my favorite CL album.

This:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qE-wYvxm-Kc

This:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qE-wYvxm-Kc

I like it. Not even close to being their best, but I like it.

Im kinda the opposite with this one.........I do like it, but my liking of all things sleaze has waned just a tad in the 12-18 months.

I just find a lot of cliched songs titles and lyrics which dont interest me much anymore.

Getting old I guess :-(

If I was 16 again I would imagine this would be my fav release of the whole of 2014.

Liking it alot! You're just an old fart!!! lol I do get where you are coming from.

It is growing on me...makes a better end than Wrecking Ball Crew IMO.

Although, the intro beat in the song sorta reminds me of Lift U Up from Gotthard...

That Jap bonus track is probably better than most songs on the second half

I like the bonus track. Better than at least (and probably only) 4 songs on the album.

That's the 2nd time you've mentioned cliche song titles for a band, Glen, where I've felt it was unwarranted. I don't see many song titles like 'All looks, no hooks,' 'Sound of the loud minority,' 'Girls from the 80's,' 'I missed the mark,' 'Ain't no rest in rock n'roll,' and even 'Wrecking ball crew.' I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, but has any other band ever used those titles ever, in the history of music?

Sorry mate, pointless point, but I remember you made the comment about another band the other day and I had the same reaction. I looked over the track list and was all like, dude, are we looking at the same song titles? I can't remember what album it was, though...

To me, cliche song titles is generally stuff like sappy love stuff or, believing in your dreams kind of shit. Just those cliche titles you do literally find on a few discs every year.

It's also funny you say your comment about sleaze. I was just thinking today how much I really, really miss real glam/sleaze hard rock. The melodic/AOR scene is more alive than ever at the moment, but what I wouldn't give for the second coming of a Pretty Boy Floyd, Bang Gang, Tuff or the like. I really miss that kind of music because it's just not around anymore.

I like the bonus track. Better than at least (and probably only) 4 songs on the album.

That's the 2nd time you've mentioned cliche song titles for a band, Glen, where I've felt it was unwarranted. I don't see many song titles like 'All looks, no hooks,' 'Sound of the loud minority,' 'Girls from the 80's,' 'I missed the mark,' 'Ain't no rest in rock n'roll,' and even 'Wrecking ball crew.' I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, but has any other band ever used those titles ever, in the history of music?

Sorry mate, pointless point, but I remember you made the comment about another band the other day and I had the same reaction. I looked over the track list and was all like, dude, are we looking at the same song titles? I can't remember what album it was, though...

To me, cliche song titles is generally stuff like sappy love stuff or, believing in your dreams kind of shit. Just those cliche titles you do literally find on a few discs every year.

It's also funny you say your comment about sleaze. I was just thinking today how much I really, really miss real glam/sleaze hard rock. The melodic/AOR scene is more alive than ever at the moment, but what I wouldn't give for the second coming of a Pretty Boy Floyd, Bang Gang, Tuff or the like. I really miss that kind of music because it's just not around anymore.

Yeah that comment was more in general about the genre.

Although this release has its share of dodgy lyrics like Outlaw & the lead track.

I find myself enjoying the likes of Vega more, where the subject matter is a tad more serious / grown up.

I still like it dont get me wrong....

Yeah that comment was more in general about the genre.

Although this release has its share of dodgy lyrics like Outlaw & the lead track.

I find myself enjoying the likes of Vega more, where the subject matter is a tad more serious / grown up.

I still like it dont get me wrong....

Yeah, lyrically I definitely favour good modern rock if I'm being honest. Even Vega for me is still pretty basic cliche kind of stuff; what you expect and enjoy from our genres. But I do love me some pointless glam lyrics in the mix, just to keep it varied.

Basically, as long as you're not singing about Jesus or following your dreams, you're alright by me. :)

So following your dream of becoming a priest and worshipping God is probably just about the worst song criteria ever ;-)

Yeah, I get that Vega's lyrics are pretty simplistic, but they are about grown up subjects I can play in the car in front of my wife and kids lol.....not about some sexy strumpet who's gonna suck my c*ck.

Extreme I know, but you get where Im coming from.