New CRAZY LIXX album in November

DeLaCruz

Like I need to get more excited...Have watched the Hell Raising Women video like 10 times :taz:

I've gotta put myself on lockdown so I don't wear it out before the CD even comes.

"ALL LOOKS, NO HOOKS" such a great song! Stuck in my head all day! The production on this release has been beefed up as well.

Just listened to the whole album, and wow this one is filled with hooks galore! Right up there with New Religion if not better!

And you have this how?!!!

As Alpha stated above this is the only forum where my old name is still used from eons ago. Most know me as John Madman host of The Metal Madman Radio Show. I am also a reviewer under an unknown alias due to the fact that my Radio Show can be seen by some as controversial due to how wild, and crazy it gets. http://www.themetalmadman.com

Nice! So you're thinking it's on even ground with New Religion?

Yeah to my ears this sounds more in the style of "New Religion" with the melodies, and hooks. I think it is actually a tad better and I love that album!

New Religion was my #1 2010, so if they have out done that this is gonna be killer!!!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Review posted:

Wouldn't be great if Def Leppard could write a second "Hysteria", Motley Crue a new "Dr. FeelGood", Bon Jovi a second "Slippery When Wet"? Yes, that would be great, no doubt 'bout that! Crazy Lixx with "New Religion", back in 2010, offered a classic melodic hard rock, one of my personal favorite albums of the last decade, full of big and loud choruses, high-energetic tracks and a tight as hell musicianship.
That album was a really blast and put a wide smile upon the face of every melodic hard rock fan out there! These guys achieved to mix perfectly the glorious 80's sound and bands such as Danger Danger and Def Leppard, with an updated ass-kickin' 'touch' and the result was that already classic effort. After that, they released the rather average "Riot Avenue", in 2012.
Nowadays, the band is back full-force with the brand new self titled album and they achieve to release another "New Religion". Yes, this new release has nothing to be envy about the band's classic "New Religion". For me, it could be simply named "New Religion Number 2"!!!!! The big choruses are back, the razor and sharp guitars are also back and the powerful and full of attitude vocal lines are here to rock our world for good!
"Hell Raising Women", the first single, is simply an ass-kickin' big anthem build for big arenas! Loud as hell with a catchy as hell chorus line and a guitar work to die for! Take for example the melodic "Girl Of The 80's" or the ultra-catchy tune of "All Looks No Hooks" and you'll be hit by an 80's hair metal wave! Do you want more highlights? Well.....just listen to the totally and more 'speedy' "Ain't No Rest In Rock 'n' Roll" and the heavier "Call To Action" that both includes memorable hooks and choruses and solid arrangements. The band also has re-recorded the fan favorite "Heroes Are Forever" that appeared in Crazy Lixx's debut album.
All in all, this is a great album all the way! If you are a fan of the band's "New Religion", then this one is FOR YOU! It's, also, a big must have for every fan of the 80's, early 90's, Hair Metal era that likes his music big, loud and with attitude!
Heavy Paradise's Rating : 9,5/10

it could be simply named "New Religion Number 2"!!!!!

That's all I really need to see to predict that this will sit alongside Vega, Wigelius and White Widdow in the top 4 this year... if Wigelius actually release something.

it could be simply named "New Religion Number 2"!!!!!

That's all I really need to see to predict that this will sit alongside Vega, Wigelius and White Widdow in the top 4 this year... if Wigelius actually release something.

& harem scarem of course

WOW! Those samples sure are making me forget about the Riot Avenue. It actually sounds better than New Religion.

I hope Wigelius comes out in 2015....not enough money to go around.

All this average talk about Riot Avenue....youve all gone deaf ;-)

Haha, nah mate, sounds like people are just finally coming to their senses. I thought at the time most people talked themselves into thinking it was okay, but glad to see people admitting the truth now. Not that I ever thought it was a bad album as such. Just awfully produced and inferior song quality, but I actually still liked parts of it just fine.

But I'm glad to hear they have gone back to 'New Religion' style. Hopefully Crashdiet also learnt the hard way after the verbal pounding their last mistake received, and they'll also return with 'Generation WIld Part II.'

Oh, and btw, must have missed the thread about a new Harem Scarem album. That's brilliant news.

Just pre ordered this, can not wait!!!

You cannot compare Riot Avenue to Savage Playground.

RA might be stripped back but it still sounds a million bucks. SP is just shit.

Agree 1000%

'Riot Avenue' is definitely the better CD, no doubt, but I am 100% sure that both of them would sound a billion percent better with good production jobs. Realistically, I think each CD would be worth an extra 10-15% with just a simple thing like a great production job.

• 2 weeks later...

I think first half is as strong as the second, all tracks are really enjoyable with probably 'Outlaw' is a bit weaker than the rest but that's still a killer

yeah not sure why but maybe the first album isn't easy to get and getting rare so that's their idea to introduce the debut

I think first half is as strong as the second, all tracks are really enjoyable with probably 'Outlaw' is a bit weaker than the rest but that's still a killer

yeah not sure why but maybe the first album isn't easy to get and getting rare so that's their idea to introduce the debut

Yeah, first half is a bit more melodic which I prefer.

Really enjoying this album...Definitely reminds me more of New Religion than Riot Avenue ever did.

First half is a bit more melodic....but the second half still rocks. I do kinda wish they had slotted a ballad in toward the end for a little change of pace. I'm fine with them redoing Heroes though....I don't have their first album and haven't heard that song outside of a few views on You Tube...so it sounds good to me.

I've only listened to the album a couple times and might be too early to pass judgement, but right now I'd slot it as my second favorite album of 2014 behind H.e.a.t's TDTW.

I really think I should just move to Sweden :guitar:

Interesting disc. I agree it sounds a hell of a lot better than 'Riot Avenue.' I'd actually like them to re-record, or even just re-produce 'Riot Avenue' so we could see just how good the album could have been with a proper production job. But anyway, they have decided to record drums again instead of tin cans, and it's an immediate blessing. As noted above, it's not quite as huge as 'New Religion,' but it sounds good.

As for the songs, kind of agree with Glen about the two halves thing. It actually reminds me of Work Of Art too. All the best stuff is at the front, bar one little gem thrown at the back end (excluding the reworked version of 'Heroes are forever'). But yeah, 'Ain't no rest in rock n' roll' and the very average 'Psycho city' are the worst two songs on this disc. And 'Wrecking crew ball' is probably next in line.

My early faves are 'Girls of the 80's,' 'All looks, no hooks' and 'Call to action.' 'Outlaw' and 'Hell raising woman' not being far behind. It's a good disc, but thinking of 'Riot avenue,' 'Only the dead,' 'Church of rock' and the like, I definitely wonder that if they'd bothered to produce 'Riot Avenue,' would the two albums basically be on par, song wise?

The album's not perfect, but it's damn good and a step back in the right direction.

I must be a weirdo, but i prefer Riot Avenue. Overall the songs are better.

Best song on the newie is 'I Missed The Mark'.....which is excellent!

After 3/4 listens the first half destroys the second imo.

Yeah, really like the first half, second half is a tad disappointing

I like 'I missed the mark' but I don't love it. One of those songs of two halves. Especially during the chorus, it sounds a little average for a sec, then goes really melodic, then it's average again - then melodic. It's a good tune, but not one of my faves.

Yeah, I might very well agree with you that overall the songs on 'Riot avenue' might be better, but due to the shit production I can't compare them on an even playing field without being influenced by the better sound quality of the new one.