In Faith - There's A Storm Coming

Stefan

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You join the sheep, im with Jez. Missing something....not sure what?

Easy....Big Hooks/ choruses. I'm not saying any of the songs on here are rubbish, just nothing that sticks in your head after playing it and I've done that a good few times now..

You join the sheep, im with Jez. Missing something....not sure what?

Easy....Big Hooks/ choruses. I'm not saying any of the songs on here are rubbish, just nothing that sticks in your head after playing it and I've done that a good few times now..

A tad harsh. I was thinking a bit safe

Is it just me or does some of this(mainly the vocals) remind you of Winger?

Winger, no.ill stick by safe. Good, but safe.

The song (Radio) is Winger all the way.

I hear Winger also, definitely Radio (Thought that first time I hear it). The vocals are Kip all over.

I also hear a lot of Bon Jovi / Johnny Lima on 'If That's What Love Means'.

Overall it's a great album and still growing on me. But nowhere near 'Album of 2014' status as I have seen suggested

I hear Winger also, definitely Radio (Thought that first time I hear it). The vocals are Kip all over.

Overall it's a great album and still growing on me. But nowhere near 'Album of 2014' status as I have seen suggested

Thank you ! lol

I hear no Winger. Sorry.

Just sounds like typical british melodic rock to me.

You don't hear Kips voice/singing style in the song Radio?

Well I heard this via MP3 and had no liner notes and my hand to my saviour Lord Jesus, I thought during the first song ('Radio'), is Kip Winger doing guest vocals on this??? If you can't hear Winger influence on that song you're insane. I said insane. Seriously, that sounds soo much like Winger. Elsewhere, there was another song I could really hear Winger again (I forget which one off the top of my head) but it's not throughout the whole disc... but defo on 'Radio.'

Anyway, I basically fucking love this album. My only source of music news or anything at all is this very forum. So I haven't seen ANY of all this hype you guys are talking about. To me this was a nameless new album that came out and was pretty hard to get my ears onto. Based on the commentary on this website I'd seen 50/50 commentary and didn't expect much. Gotta say, I was very unexpectedly surprised. One thing that got me most was I expected AOR, and what I got instead was actually pretty solid melodic hard rock.

Yeah, I love it. I don't know why bands do it, but the generic 'All or nothing' is pointless on this album - basically a straight filler. But you cast that song aside, and I love the rest of it - every other moment of it. At the moment this will combat with Vega for my top spot, I like it that much. Great surprise.

The 'hype' is mainly because this is one of the first albums out of Firefest/Rocktopia records and its basically been plugged all over Facebook and on the Firefest facebook page.

Its Tony Marshall on guitar who is heavily linked to Firefest and Pete Newdeck on drums (ex Edens Curse).

I like the album, but its typically British in that it tries pretty hard to sound like classic US/Scandi melodic rock but doesnt quite get there - imo of course. About half the songs are really good, and half are very straight forward - even the excellent 'In Flames' outstays its welcome by about half a minute and becomes ever so slightly annoying.......

Early days though and hoping it might grow a bit more but I'm reckoning around 80% which will make it a strong top 20 contender.

Well I heard this via MP3 and had no liner notes and my hand to my saviour Lord Jesus, I thought during the first song ('Radio'), is Kip Winger doing guest vocals on this??? If you can't hear Winger influence on that song you're insane. I said insane. Seriously, that sounds soo much like Winger. Elsewhere, there was another song I could really hear Winger again (I forget which one off the top of my head) but it's not throughout the whole disc... but defo on 'Radio.'

Anyway, I basically fucking love this album. My only source of music news or anything at all is this very forum. So I haven't seen ANY of all this hype you guys are talking about. To me this was a nameless new album that came out and was pretty hard to get my ears onto. Based on the commentary on this website I'd seen 50/50 commentary and didn't expect much. Gotta say, I was very unexpectedly surprised. One thing that got me most was I expected AOR, and what I got instead was actually pretty solid melodic hard rock.

Yeah, I love it. I don't know why bands do it, but the generic 'All or nothing' is pointless on this album - basically a straight filler. But you cast that song aside, and I love the rest of it - every other moment of it. At the moment this will combat with Vega for my top spot, I like it that much. Great surprise.

Thank you Geoff! (see my earlier posts on page 2).

• My Little Pony

Thank you Geoff! (see my earlier posts on page 2).

Um... yep. Just going through my first listen, and I definitely hear it.

Okay.... I hear what you guys are hearing. He doesn't "sound" like Kip per se, but he definitely sings in the style of Winger's "Can't Get Enuff" song.

I finally heard it through very good headphones and I do hear what you guys are hearing.

LOL, the last comment on the main site -

I don't get all the attraction and attention to be honest. Very average Melodic Hard Rock to my ears, heard it done a gazillion times better by a gazillion better bands. Sure there are a few nice moments but overall it just doesn't cut it for me. Average, nothing more nothing less.

Someone aint impressed.......