Work Of Art - Framework

Stefan

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've given it a few listens, and I'm not sure why but this one isn't wowing me as much as I expected. It's very good, but it doesn't blow me away.

I need to let it sit for a bit and come back to it...

Nope.... still don't like this at all.

Too each his own. :lol:

Agree! I will give a few more listens on youtube, but not doing anything for me.

Agree also.

This just isn't quite heavy enough for me...I wish they'd go a bit heavier to be closer to somebody like H.e.a.t or W.e.t. I like the way those bands seem to be able to blend AOR elements with melodic rock.

But, I can respect the album for being solid AOR. It does sound very good and I would say that it's definitely something that fans of bands like Journey/Toto/Survivor type "lighter" AOR should check out. It seems well put together and well produced.

It's just not in my personal wheelhouse. I like a little more "punch" than this.

Next album I'm looking forward to is the new Crazy Lixx :)

Agree! I will give a few more listens on youtube, but not doing anything for me.

Agree also.

This just isn't quite heavy enough for me...I wish they'd go a bit heavier to be closer to somebody like H.e.a.t or W.e.t. I like the way those bands seem to be able to blend AOR elements with melodic rock.

But, I can respect the album for being solid AOR. It does sound very good and I would say that it's definitely something that fans of bands like Journey/Toto/Survivor type "lighter" AOR should check out. It seems well put together and well produced.

It's just not in my personal wheelhouse. I like a little more "punch" than this.

Next album I'm looking forward to is the new Crazy Lixx :)

I agree, you said it nicely. Crazy Lixx is my next anticipated release also.

Received my copy on Saturday from NEH.

Happy with it. Very Lionville-ish. Nice slab of AOR.

My only complaint (more of an observation than a complaint)... the tracks just all seem to run together a bit too much for my liking.

I criticize Bon Jovi on this site a lot because he's pretty much lost me as a fan the past decade and a half... but I was a HUGE fan back in the day... Slippery When Wet is an example I often use when describing an album filled with near perfect songs that each qualify on their own as outstanding... and no two songs on the album are exactly the same. Seems many new bands have fallen into the cookie-cutter / music by numbers hole now-a-days.

Still, though, digging the Work Of Art vibe and I hope these Frontiers-Labeled AOR bands continue well into the future.

It's a stunning album in all departments, and I think it's the best they have released yet. Saying that, I can also understand the comment above that says it runs together a little too much, which if i'm honest, i'd have to agree with. That doesn't spoil my enjoyment of it one bit, but is a good point.

Okay, so it's not often if ever I'm wrong regarding my musical analysis, but I guess there's a first for everything.

I was way too critical of this release last week (and I really wasn't that critical at all, actually).

This one is absolutely brilliant, and WAY better than either of the band's first two releases. I can picture myself reaching for this CD well into the future, and that's saying something as I often grow bored with new music rather easily now-a-days and most of my CD's end-up in the vast wasteland that is my collection.

Fantastic effort, fellas!

I hate bloody Japan ;-)

The Jap bonus track 'On The Edge Of Time' is best track ive heard all year.

Now, how the fuck do I get this track???????

• My Little Pony

I hate bloody Japan ;-)

This may be a shot in the dark...

How about ordering the cd from Japan? ;)

Yo! That's so crazy, it just might work.

I hate bloody Japan ;-)

Yeah it might just work if I was a millionaire.

Doesnt get over the fact that Jap bonus tracks are generally better than most (or all in this case) main album tracks.

I hate bloody Japan ;-)

Yeah it might just work if I was a millionaire.

Doesnt get over the fact that Jap bonus tracks are generally better than most (or all in this case) main album tracks.

They are expensive, but they hold their value and they sound better, plus cool bonus tracks.