Osukaru - Transition

Stefan

• 9 months later...

From FB:

"TRANSITION" PRE-ORDER ONLINE + A SPECIAL "I SPENT ALL MY MONEY ON CHRISTMAS SHOPPING" JANUARY DISCOUNT!

Our new album "Transition" is finally up for pre-orders. But since we all just survived the holidays and probably bought our loved ones loads of presents, we've decided to reduce the price tag for a limited time, yet still include something extra for you all.

Make your pre-order before January 31st and recieve a bonus disc with extra material plus some exclusive gifts (not to be available anywhere else) for a total sum of €10 (or $12) + shipping.

"Transition" includes 10 tracks + 2 bonus tracks (1 on CD, 1 digital) and features special guest appearances from Jules Millis (White Widdow, Tigertailz), Janne Stark (Grand Design) and Erik Heikne (Miss Behaviour). It was mixed and mastered by Attila Bokor (Morph) and Kevin McNoldy (Dave Matthews, Backstreet Boys).

Order your copy at: http://osukaru.bandcamp.com

a1881779249_16.jpg

Tracks:

1. Arrows
2. Strangled Emotions
3. Edge of A Broken Heart
4. Play
5. Blinded Eyes
6. FM Rocks 98.5 [Redux]
7. Tell Me You'll Stay (2015)
8. Out of Touch (2015)
9. Mafia Rules (2015)
10. Promised Land (2015

Limited Collector's Edition (2 CD)

Compact Disc (CD)
Disc 1:
- The album with 10 tracks + 1 bonus track in a jewelcase. 20 page booklet featuring lyrics, credits, liner notes, photos and artwork with cover model (and our singer) Cecilia Camuii.

Disc 2:
- The entire album in high quality mp3 + PDF booklet
- The digital edition bonus track
- 2 demo songs from an upcoming project by Oz Osukaru
- EPK: the making of "Transition" (video)
- Interview: behind the blindfold (video)

Bonus:
Each package will include some exclusive content. More info to come.

Includes digital pre-order of Transition. The moment the album is released you'll get unlimited streaming via the free Bandcamp app, plus a high-quality download in MP3, FLAC and more.
shipping out on or around 18 March 2015

I've always liked these guys, even if the last album threw a few curveballs I didn't like at me, so I'll check it out. This new song sounds solid, but probably more like the stuff off the last album than the stuff before. They need to lose the female vocals, imho.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This sounded pretty good to me too. Excellent production and good beefy new sound, kind of warranted the re-recordings of some of their older songs. Looking forward to more spins.

It's not bad. Musically, as before, it sounds good and this time thank god, the vocals are a big improvement and are actually in tune, compared to the virtually unlistenable racket that was on their last couple of discs. It's still not perfect by any means, but at least I got through the whole thing without having to cover my ears..

I found that song very strange.

Starts off with a nice riff....trundles into an appalling first verse....chorus not bad. Weird sax break.

Mmmm. The vocals just arent that great eh?? Or is it me.

Starts off with a nice riff....trundles into an appalling first verse....chorus not bad. Weird sax break.

I think it's all guitar(no sax).

I've not really disliked any of the vocals for this group so far, except a really early instalment. This new dude isn't a vocal legend, but I don't mind him at all and he sounds pretty good on some of the songs. No issue with him at all.

I'm also not afraid to say that I'm more sexually attracted to the male lead singer than I am the uh, "female." Has that type of fringe ever worked for anyone, ever, in the history of humans? The answer is a big FUCK no. So just anyone who's thinking about it - don't. Stop it.

Must have been doing something while listening to it, just saw the guy with the sax. lol

Must have been doing something while listening to it, just saw the guy with the sax. lol

Yeah i did scratch my head.....

;-)

well the singer does have a similar look to Europe's Joey Tempest IMHO :) and that intro is very remiscent of late 80's Europe in thier prime. Overall this is a nice song, a little off the beaten path with male / female dual vocals and some saxx :) Props from creativity and not sounding alike most other aor / mhr bands around :)

That sounds promising and i don't mind the sax at all. The sharing of the vocals between the guy and the gal works pretty well.

I don't mind the song. The sax doesn't bother me but could do with out, same goes for the duel vocals.