WAMI (White/Appice/Mendoza/Iggy) - Kill The King

Stefan

1798582_401038963364508_1937936624_n.jpg

1557548_386608514807553_688165427_n.png

From FB:

Welcome to the official page of WAMI - a new exciting project by Doogie White, Vinny Appice, Marco Mendoza & Iggy Gwadera
The idea to record an album together was born after Thin Lizzy's concert in Poland. The bassist Marco Mendoza, delighted with the young guitarist Iggy, who supported Thin Lizzy with his band Anti Tank Nun, suggested that they record some music together. This first idea, which was maturing for the next dozen-odd months, eventually evolved into the project involving legendary musicians, who are currently recording a brand new album together with Iggy. The drummer Vinny Appice, renowned for playing in some of the best heavy metal bands of worldwide fame, as also the bassist Marco Mendoza have already finished recording bass and drum tracks in Los Angeles. In late November 2013, Doogie White confronted his vocal talent with Iggy's guitar technique during their recording sessions in Poland. Hard rock fans can well expect the results of these sessions to be truly outstanding!
"Kill The King", WAMI's debut album out in late Spring 2014!

http://wamiband.com/wami/

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

From blabbermouth.net:

WAMI, the brand new project featuring vocalist Doogie White (RAINBOW, MICHAEL SCHENKER, YNGWIE MALMSTEEN), drummer Vinny Appice (BLACK SABBATH, HEAVEN & HELL, DIO) and bassist Marco Mendoza (THIN LIZZY, WHITESNAKE) alongside 16-year-old Polish guitarist Iggy Gwadera, released its debut album, "Kill The King", on May 13 in North America via MVD and May 12 in Europe through Metal Mind Productions.
White's vocals were laid down in November 2013 at Studio Analiz in Szczecin, Poland. Wojtek Cugowski, Piotr Cugowski and Jarek Chilkiewicz from the Polish rock band BRACIA were responsible for overseeing the recording session.

wamikilltheking.jpg

"Kill The King" track listing:
01. The Rider
02. Young Blood
03. One More For Rock 'N' Roll
04. Guardian Of Your Heart
05. Transition
06. The Resistance
07. Exodus (The Red Sea Crossing)
08. Heart Of Steel
09. Wild Woman (You Oughta Know)
10. Get Out Of My Way
11. I Don't Wanna Lose You

The front cover illustration of the album was created by Polish graphic designer Jaroslaw Wieczorek.
The idea to record an album together was born after THIN LIZZY's concert in Poland. Mendoza — impressed with Iggy, who supported THIN LIZZY with his band ANTI TANK NUN — suggested that they record some music together. This first idea, which was maturing for the next dozen-odd months, eventually evolved into the above-mentioned project.
In a recent issue of Polish edition of Metal Hammer magazine, Vinny stated about WAMI: "The music is quite heavy. but not as dark as, for example, BLACK SABBATH or KILL DEVIL HILL. It's melodic music, and very well performed. I would label it high-quality heavy rock." He added: "When I first heard that music, I really liked it. Later on, I was informed that the guitarist is only 16 years old. I thought, 'Wow, what an incredible instrumentalist.' And then I learnt that Marco Mendoza will be involved in this project and that made me even more interested in this idea. The demo versions of the tracks sounded very promising so I can't wait for the final results."

Very, very average disc, imo. Ranges from absolute garbage like 'The resistance' to the surprisingly good hard rock like 'Youngblood.' And in between it's mostly pretty average to these ears. Scored a 62% overall from me.

Very, very average disc, imo. Ranges from absolute garbage like 'The resistance' to the surprisingly good hard rock like 'Youngblood.' And in between it's mostly pretty average to these ears. Scored a 62% overall from me.

Wow 62% is average. Thats a solid score from me this year lol. My new rating system is harsh. Trying to rate 1989 does that too you lol.

And it would be hard as fuck to grade 1989 in the present day.

Things I loved then, I might not like a disc so much today that I did in 1989 from overplaying them back then.

It's actually a pretty solid idea but there are sooooooo many discs from 1989 I'd have to go through.

And it would be hard as fuck to grade 1989 in the present day.

Things I loved then, I might not like a disc so much today that I did in 1989 from overplaying them back then.

It's actually a pretty solid idea but there are sooooooo many discs from 1989 I'd have to go through.

I whittled it down to 100. The thing is having never really rated albums from that era I realised that with some ratings id given in recent years I needed to go up to 120% as the 80s stuff was much better.

Hence this year will be rated in conjunction to 1989.

So what would be your top rated disc from 1989? Or haven't you gotten that far yet?

Lots of killer stuff in 1989.

Ha ha ask me in about 3 months

I'll get there soon one day. I've rated a few random discs recently like BB Steal's 'Over the edge' and Baton Rouge's 'Shake your soul' and I found no difficulty in rating them the same as I would a modern-day disc. That's what I've tried to do all all along, though, knowing the day would come. Rate an album for what it's worth, 1989 or 2009.

For me, 62% is a weak score, but also a very honest score. Even though I didn't really like this disc much, there were songs I had to pay them credit for, and did so. Hence why I agree 62% is technically an "okay" score, it's not something I'd personally ever play again.

I am aiming for the day where I have nothing in my collection below 70%. That's my cut-off and why I have nearly 200 CDs listed on ebay at the moment. Because everything that doesn't make it over 70% is gone. Well, it's not because nothing sells on ebay anymore, but I'll just keep relisting them and hoping. :lol:

Well yeah thats what I thought I was doing but seems I may gave been too kind. The last time I sat down & properly listened to albums from that era is about 5 years ago (sadly)....the odd songs have come up on random but ive been rating for about 5 yrs so havent properly compared.

Just needed a slight tweak - the rankings are just fine & the really great songs are rated right its just the good to very good.

My highest rating so far this year is about 83% but quite a few left to score.

• 7 months later...