Winger - Better Days Comin'

Stefan

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• My Little Pony

Gotta be honest, though. If new music was never recorded again after tomorrow I'd be pretty happy. Already enough great stuff out there.

So true. I can't keep up with the new and go back for the old. There really is too much.

Again, they are samples but my first impression is to buy it but most songs (in fact a couple were downright bad) are not in the league with their other songs. I think this may be a grower but this is just based on the samples.

Impossible to tell anything from those samples. Will pass judgement when I have the disc.

Couldnt agree more. You can never tell anything from Amazon samples as the pick the most random parts of songs, and no clip is long enough to tell you whether a song is good or bad.

• My Little Pony

Oh, hell. yes! Geoffery, this is why you can't rate songs off such a short sample. I was not expecting the finished piece to sound like that.

First impression, a very good song, the riffs are awesome, the production is top notch, Kip's vocal is better than ever, but the slight problem is on the chorus. It felt flat and parallel with the verse while it supposed to be climactic, perhaps add some symphonic and anthemic touch and twist with more melody. But this single alone showed a promising album ahead, lookin forward!

Even though the summary Stephan posted a few pages back made mention, I think it is worth pointing out for those of you that didn't read all of it but plan to purchase:

Deluxe edition includes one audio bonus track and a DVD including a Making of the Album documentary and videoclips for Rat Race and Better Days Comin'.

I like the rocking approach of the song....but I do fear for the whole album......have seen some very negative comments from guys I would usually trust.

We'll see. Still very much looking forward to the new album.

• 3 weeks later...

Great tune I most admit. I'm not the biggest Winger fan, only have their best of.

One thing that gets me excited about Winger is Reb Beach's guitar sound on his solos. They were and still are out of this fucking world. Nobody, not Eddie, not Vai, not Steve Lynch, not even Nuno (who is a close second) can tap that kind of sick tone....insane!

• 2 weeks later...
  • My Little Pony

I'm gonna have to download a copy before I hit up the M3, 'cause I doubt it will arrive in time. I can't wait.