GEOFF!

Leykis101

Check out some of these bands, the ones you havent heard.

Mayday Parade (My favorite!)
Every Avenue
The Dangerous Summer
A Rocket To The Moon
Valencia
Anarbor
The OverUnder
North Of The City
Paradise Fears
Parachute
Red Car Wire
The Summer Set
Hot Chelle Rae
Stereo Skyline
The Downtown Fiction
The Swellers
Bowling For Soup
The Right Coast
The Friday Night Boys
Baywood Park (they're small, so you'll probably have to look them up on facebook. That's how I found them.)
Boys Like Girls
The Boys Of Summer
A Day To Remember
Boys Will Be Boys
Nocturnal Me
Call The Cops!
The Cab
Forever The Sickest Kids
Green River Ordinance
Runner Runner
Rocky Loves Emily
School Boy Humor
Sparks The Rescue
The Wonder Years
The Years Gone By
We Are The In Crowd
Sweatshirt Weather
Sing It Loud
Augustana
Secondhand Serenade
The Mid Summer Classic
IT BOYS!
Camera Can't Lie

• My Little Pony

Phil Keaggy's son was in Hot Chelle Rae, but it appears he just left the band recently.

A lot of these bands look familiar, which means Geoffrey will know most of them. Because that's the only reason I would know any of them.

Phil Keaggy's son was in Hot Chelle Rae, but it appears he just left the band recently.

A lot of these bands look familiar, which means Geoffrey will know most of them. Because that's the only reason I would know any of them.

You are into this stuff? cause Geoff and me share pretty much the exact same taste in music, with the exception of im not a ballad guy at all, my buddy sent me this list, instead of combing through it to see if theres any good ones, I figured I'd post it and let the junk yard dog sniff it out, and bring me the good ones, which he will!

• My Little Pony

You are into this stuff? cause Geoff and me share pretty much the exact same taste in music, with the exception of im not a ballad guy at all, my buddy sent me this list, instead of combing through it to see if theres any good ones, I figured I'd post it and let the junk yard dog sniff it out, and bring me the good ones, which he will!

Sure. Boys Like Girls last album was very good. Sort of a Hedley-meets-Cuntry sound.

Are any of these bands even in the same ball park as Cauterize and Hit The Lights? if you can understand what Im getting at, then you'll understand why these 2 bands stand out, I know they are very rare, but there has to be a band of quality as those 2, what do you know Nolan?

• My Little Pony

Are any of these bands even in the same ball park as Cauterize and Hit The Lights? if you can understand what Im getting at, then you'll understand why these 2 bands stand out, I know they are very rare, but there has to be a band of quality as those 2, what do you know Nolan?

I may have given you the wrong impression; they look familiar, because I'm certain Geoffrey has talked about them before.

Anyway, Cauterize and Hit the Lights are very different. I still don't get the appeal to Cauterize. I've listened to them so many times, and it still comes off as run-of-the-mill Punk with shitty vocals. As for bands similar to Hit the Lights, start with the aforementioned Hot Chelle Rae. And I think you'll enjoy Boys Like Girls.

I've heard of a few of these bands, like/love several others and will (time permitting seek out some of the others listed).

My faves are Every Avenue, Boys Like Girls, Friday Night Boys, Sparks the Rescue and Boys Will Be Boys but none of them sound like Cauterize, who I really like as well. They are all slick, polished, melodically modern bands but none of them utilize the same aggressive vocal delivery Cauterize does. I haven't heard Hit the Lights.

Check out another Canadian band called Social Code (especially their s/t release) who remind me of Cauterize.

There's a whole bunch of great bands in that list, many of them have their own topics started on these forums.

A Day to Remember, Every Avenue, The Downtown Fiction...a few really good ones worth checking out for starters.

I may have given you the wrong impression; they look familiar, because I'm certain Geoffrey has talked about them before.

Anyway, Cauterize and Hit the Lights are very different. I still don't get the appeal to Cauterize. I've listened to them so many times, and it still comes off as run-of-the-mill Punk with shitty vocals. As for bands similar to Hit the Lights, start with the aforementioned Hot Chelle Rae. And I think you'll enjoy Boys Like Girls.

Backed on Cauterise - very average modern rock imo. God knows what Geoff & cody see in them.

• My Little Pony

Have you looked into any of these, Cody? Or are you just waiting to be told what to listen to? I've gone through a bunch of them, and these are my picks, so far:

Every Avenue

The Dangerous Summer

A Rocket to the Moon

Paradise Fears

That's where I ended. The Dangerous Summer definitely the best of that lot.

Have you looked into any of these, Cody? Or are you just waiting to be told what to listen to? I've gone through a bunch of them, and these are my picks, so far:

Every Avenue

The Dangerous Summer

A Rocket to the Moon

Paradise Fears

Bro, this is the 2nd list my friend sent me, im not even close to getting to it, which is primarily why I put it up, I have only gotten through about half of the 1st list, it's getting fucking monotonous, JESUS! are they fucking difficult to find? cause theres like 8 bands on this other list that I cant find any audio of, I mean i will eventually, but im just scanning, very quickly trying to get through it, just keep checking them out, I will go through all of them, it was just overwhelming, I asked this cocksucker for a few bands I might not have heard, and the douche bag funny guy sends me a fucking catalog, then emails me the next morning axing me if I found any I liked on the list, so there is some good shit on this list? when Im done with the 1st list, i'll post it, since it seems theres people that actually are using the list, I didnt even know anyone but Geoff really even liked this kind of shit, good to know.

• My Little Pony

Every Avenue

The Dangerous Summer

A Rocket to the Moon

Paradise Fears

Bro, this is the 2nd list my friend sent me, im not even close to getting to it, which is primarily why I put it up, I have only gotten through about half of the 1st list, it's getting fucking monotonous, JESUS! are they fucking difficult to find? cause theres like 8 bands on this other list that I cant find any audio of, I mean i will eventually, but im just scanning, very quickly trying to get through it, just keep checking them out, I will go through all of them, it was just overwhelming, I asked this cocksucker for a few bands I might not have heard, and the douche bag funny guy sends me a fucking catalog, then emails me the next morning axing me if I found any I liked on the list, so there is some good shit on this list? when Im done with the 1st list, i'll post it, since it seems theres people that actually are using the list, I didnt even know anyone but Geoff really even liked this kind of shit, good to know.

Oi, you've seen my own threads. You should know I listen to almost anything.

One thing of note, a lot of these are giving me a great sense of nostalgia. I never listened to this style of music in my teen years, but a lot of my friends were, and it was often featured in film and games. I'm very surprised to find that most of these bands are relatively new. I didn't think this style of Punk/Pop/Rock was still thriving. It definitely isn't popular in the North West. This does not get played on the radio, and I don't know of any of these guys touring around here, save the Warped Tour. So where is this stuff popular, apart from skate culture?

I heard a disc the other day I had no idea I would like. Think the band was called Teenage Fanclub or some shit like that, and the disc was called Bandwagonish or something like that.

Anybody know who this is?

• My Little Pony

How far have you got, Cody?

Anyway, have you listened to The Classic Crime? I've mentioned them many times. If you haven't, I've got the entire The Silver Cord posted in a thread that surely needs to be revived.

I heard a disc the other day I had no idea I would like. Think the band was called Teenage Fanclub or some shit like that, and the disc was called Bandwagonish or something like that.

Anybody know who this is?

Thats a pretty ancient disc bro, I used to have it, they were on SNL promoting that I think In 92, if you want to hear a truly killer song by them, check out the song they do with DeLa Soul, on the Judgment Night Sdtrk, called Falling, Tom Petty wrote it, and it's just an awesome fucking song. maybe tomorrow when I get some time i'll post it here.

How far have you got, Cody?

Anyway, have you listened to The Classic Crime? I've mentioned them many times. If you haven't, I've got the entire The Silver Cord posted in a thread that surely needs to be revived.

No bro, I am planning on really digging into the shit Saturday, it's the 1st day i'll be able to take any significant amount of time, and go through them all, I will check The Silver Card out though, I will check out all the ones you have recommended 1st, Im not ignoring you, simply overwhelmed, LOL, no I plan on it bro, so dont stop, if your finding good shit on that list, just post who it is, so I can cut to the chase, yeah bro as far as your other question, these bands have a huge following, it might possibly be the single most popular music there is, it ran it's course over radio, and finished it's trendy stage I think, I haven't listened to most of these, but I know what I asked him for, but Fall Out Boy has a new album with a number 1 single on it, they performed it in NYC on the New Years Eve countdown, and now have another single in the charts, so I just think the scene got old, but as far as the type of music, fuck, x96 here wear I live play nothing but that shit, where do you live at bro? I mean is it a pretty populated place? cause I know theres states here that dont have as big of a scene, and other places like where I live, Las Vegas, Phoenix, even Los Angeles, that shits huge.

If and when you catch up on things, do check out Social Code. As I mentioned, I always felt they had a similar sound to Cauterize.

I plan on it, thats the type of shit I love, and to those that havent heard Hit The Lights, search the boards here, I posted on it, and Geoff pretty much posted their entire last album, but if not,