Gotthard-Bang!

lettard

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve Lee had one hell of a pair of shoes to fill. The band chose carefully and I think they pulled it it off for the most part. The song writer aspect is one that cannot be replaced. Still the same, this sounds pretty good.

Artwork for 'Bang!':

gotthard-bang_a.jpg

And the new single:

Tracklist:

1. Bang Bang

2. I Wont Look Down

3. C'Est la Vie

4. Feel What I Feel

5. Spread Your Wings

6. Red on the Sleeve

7. Jump the Gun

8. Maybe

9. Get Up and Move on

10. Thank You

You are actually mistaken for once, mate - there are 14 tracks on the regular edition and 16 tracks on the limited edition (which I pre-ordered) ;)

http://www.cede.ch/de/music/?branch_sub=1&view=detail&id=1140273&branch=1

Artwork for 'Bang!':

gotthard-bang_a.jpg

And the new single:

Tracklist:

1. Bang Bang

2. I Wont Look Down

3. C'Est la Vie

4. Feel What I Feel

5. Spread Your Wings

6. Red on the Sleeve

7. Jump the Gun

8. Maybe

9. Get Up and Move on

10. Thank You

You are actually mistaken for once, mate - there are 14 tracks on the regular edition and 16 tracks on the limited edition (which I pre-ordered) ;)

Alright, alright. I was mistaken. Once. Won't happen again. Ever. Maybe.

Here's the correct tracklist for the Swiss Digipack Edition:

1. Let Me In Katie

2. Bang!

3. Get Up 'N' Move On

4. Feel What I Feel

5. C'est La Vie

6. Jump The Gun

7. Spread Your Wings

8. I Won't Look Down

9. My Belief

10. Maybe

11. Red On A Sleeve

12. What You Get

13. Mr. Ticket Man

14. Thank You

15. I Want It All (Bonustrack)

16. You Can't Stop Me (Bonustrack)

Artwork for 'Bang!':

gotthard-bang_a.jpg

And the new single:

Tracklist:

1. Bang Bang

2. I Wont Look Down

3. C'Est la Vie

4. Feel What I Feel

5. Spread Your Wings

6. Red on the Sleeve

7. Jump the Gun

8. Maybe

9. Get Up and Move on

10. Thank You

1. Let Me In Katie

2. Bang!

3. Get Up 'N' Move On

4. Feel What I Feel

5. C'est La Vie

6. Jump The Gun

7. Spread Your Wings

8. I Won't Look Down

9. My Belief

10. Maybe

11. Red On A Sleeve

12. What You Get

13. Mr. Ticket Man

14. Thank You

You know I was kidding, right? Love all the work you put into your posts to deliver us a LOT of great information!

On a side-note: The guys from the band describe this disc as sort of a follow-up to Lipservice and apparantely "Thank you" is an over 10 minutes long epic. Quite a lengthy disc it is actually...

Artwork for 'Bang!':

gotthard-bang_a.jpg

And the new single:

Tracklist:

1. Bang Bang

2. I Wont Look Down

3. C'Est la Vie

4. Feel What I Feel

5. Spread Your Wings

6. Red on the Sleeve

7. Jump the Gun

8. Maybe

9. Get Up and Move on

10. Thank You

1. Let Me In Katie

2. Bang!

3. Get Up 'N' Move On

4. Feel What I Feel

5. C'est La Vie

6. Jump The Gun

7. Spread Your Wings

8. I Won't Look Down

9. My Belief

10. Maybe

11. Red On A Sleeve

12. What You Get

13. Mr. Ticket Man

14. Thank You

You know I was kidding, right?

Right.

• My Little Pony

A follow-up to "Lipservice"? That first song doesn't remind me at all of the awesome "Lipservice". I hope this is good.

Yeah, for real, though. They've got a long way to go to meet the standard of "Lipservice."

A follow-up to "Lipservice"? That first song doesn't remind me at all of the awesome "Lipservice". I hope this is good.

Yeah, for real, though. They've got a long way to go to meet the standard of "Lipservice."

Agree 100%

It's okay. Not a great song, not a bad song. Better already than anything off the last disc, I think.

Haha, I was looking through the posts and I saw the initial 10 song track list and I thought to myself, 'Smart kids.' Then I saw the next posts stating 14-16 songs, with a 10 minute song included and I wanted to shoot myself.

Way, way too many bands release way, way too many songs. Brilliant if you're a H.E.A.T or the like of the genre, but for most bands it's just stupid and only exposes their weaknesses. Without hearing anything more than that one song from this CD, I know for a fact that a 10 song album would have been a much smarter idea than an overlong disc with too much on it. I hope dearly they prove me wrong, but people need to refer to the quality over quantity thing a lot more these days.

Yeah, but when a band releases a 10 song album, people piss and moan the album is too short. Simple fact is, if you release more tracks, yes there is a chance of weaker tracks, but its also more for your money and sometimes the bonus songs are the better songs anyway. Who is to say that the 10 song album would have been the best 10 songs?

Yeah, but when a band releases a 10 song album, people piss and moan the album is too short. Simple fact is, if you release more tracks, yes there is a chance of weaker tracks, but its also more for your money and sometimes the bonus songs are the better songs anyway. Who is to say that the 10 song album would have been the best 10 songs?

Yeah, bands need to send advance recordings to me and I'll decide the final 10 cuts, every time without hesitation. I don't trust they'd do it right, but I'd be happy to take on the gig.

For the record I am not one who pisses and moans about 10 track albums being too short. There are of course exceptions where you wish a particular band released a 50 track box set instead of a single CD, but those times are infrequent.

Honest to goodness, when I buy an album thats 10 songs that last an average of 3.5 mins each, and the album is over in 35 mins, I feel cheated.

If its 10 tracks that take an album to around the 1 hour mark, I can live with that. But nothing worse than listening to a great album and its over almost as soon as it starts.

• My Little Pony

Honest to goodness, when I buy an album thats 10 songs that last an average of 3.5 mins each, and the album is over in 35 mins, I feel cheated.

If its 10 tracks that take an album to around the 1 hour mark, I can live with that. But nothing worse than listening to a great album and its over almost as soon as it starts.

What about when it's four tracks, and almost maxes out the 80 minute limit?

Yeah, sorry dudes, but length of songs is completely irrelevant to me and literally plays 0 role in how good a song or a CD is. Well, that's not correct because on the other end of the spectrum, I actually dislike songs that outstay their welcome and actually really prefer short, to-the-point songs.

No offence, but a 10 track album clocking in at 1 hour, meaning each song averages around 6mins, is actually my idea of pure torture. :(

Not holding out much hope for this album I'm afraid - the early reports are not sounding good. Better than Firebirth granted, but nowhere near the old classic Gotthard sound - we will see.

What about when it's four tracks, and almost maxes out the 80 minute limit?

Cant say I have ever owned any albums like that, but then again I dont listen to prog.

Something like that though to me sounds boring as arseholes, as that must sound so repetitive. Hell, a 10 minute song can be too much unless handled right.

You at least need a bit of variety in an album, and I dont see how 4 songs could do that.

No offence, but a 10 track album clocking in at 1 hour, meaning each song averages around 6mins, is actually my idea of pure torture. :(

but thats not even correct as average doesnt mean that the songs "are" all 6 mins long.

A band could easily have a couple of longer songs, like 8-10 mins each, and the rest clock in at around 3 mins or so.

That said, 6 mins is hardly that long for a song.

Hell, going on another topic, Karma by Winger had 3 songs that were between 6 and 7 mins each and a bunch of songs that were around 3 to 4 mins.

If you take out that naff instrumental tacked on at the end, thats 10 songs at nearly 45 mins. It would have only taken the songs that were less than four mins to be extended to 4 mins, and the album would have been more in the line of 50 mins. Thats 3 songs at plus six mins, and the rest at a standard 4 mins each. Is that really torture?

I am liking this song the more I keep hearing it!

• 3 weeks later...