Steel Panther - The Burden Of Being Wonderful

AlphaMale

I like it, catchy and probably a good choice for a single. However those are the types of songs I end up skipping when you get the album so go figure ;)

i used to have that same ikea bookshelf,, we included it when we sold the chicago condo because it was too big to get into the elevator without taking it all apart again (although it was fun sawing the couch in half)

I think the problem with the two singles is most people expect "rude" lyrics from their songs, so to launch the album on the back of two relatively tame songs is gonna leave people a bit underwhelmed (which kinda goes with my opinion that if they dropped the humour they would not be successful). Within the context of the album, these will be fine (like Eyes of a panther etc), and will probably grow on people with time. I think there should only have been one single prior to the release as some people are gonna start thinking they are going soft unless they actually check out the other song titles on the album.

Honestly I don't really care about lyrics in general and 'Eyes Of A Panther' is one of my favourites from SP. The two new songs are just boring for me, that's it.

This!

The songs aren't bad per se, but they lack the balls I'm used to Steel Panther having. I'm sure the disc will have some real scorchers on there!

The first Steel Panther song I can burn and play in the car with my family.

The song is OK, I like it, smooth as silk, but nothing too memorable...after one listen that is.

From the other song titles on the up coming release, I'm sure the rest will be your typical SP.

The first Steel Panther song I can burn and play in the car with my family.

The song is OK, I like it, smooth as silk, but nothing too memorable...after one listen that is.

From the other song titles on the up coming release, I'm sure the rest will be your typical SP.

Still stuck in my head. Great song, smooth as silk is a great description - wish some other bands in the genre could capture this sound.

Just listening to Balls Out now.

How people can say the joke wears thin? Timeless stuff....sitting here With a big grin on my face.

filling all the divets in the neighbourhood - classic line.

Yup, been listening to the band since around 2004, a year after the first Metal Shop CD came out, and I still play them constantly and go to see their concerts when they come over here.

The joke does not wear thing because its more than just a joke. If they didnt have the musical chops as well, I could see how it might wear thin, but with how great they are as musicians, how catchy their songs are and how funny they are is all part of the package. Yeah there may come a point when they become stale or repetitive, but until they day I will continue to enjoy them.

Whoops, missed the "official" thread. Like I said in the other thread, I really like the tune. Verses, pre-chorus and lyrics are excellent.

• 1 month later...

Well the whole album has hit you tube and I gotta say its f awesome. I love virtually every track but the classics are Bukake Tears, gangbang in the old folks home and BVS which might just be the best Panther song yet.

Well the whole album has hit you tube and I gotta say its f awesome. I love virtually every track but the classics are Bukake Tears, gangbang in the old folks home and BVS which might just be the best Panther song yet.

I concur!! Awesome!!!!

I concur!! Awesome!!!!

Its been taken down already!! Oh well only a few days to wait!!