H.E.A.T - Tearing Down The Walls (2014)

Kim_Hp

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's up on Youtube and those from North America can watch it there. A good song, very rock, much less AOR. A good lead off single, very anthemic. Most will be pleased, but I'm guessing not blown away.

It's up on Youtube and those from North America can watch it there. A good song, very rock, much less AOR. A good lead off single, very anthemic. Most will be pleased, but I'm guessing not blown away.

My thoughts exactly! I hope for some more keyboards on the album, but this is a good single.

It's received mixed reactions on their FB page. The main point of critisism seems to be that it's isn't enough AOR and that there's too little keys. Well, listen to stuff like "It's All About Tonight" or "High On Love" from their previous albums, these guys doesn't use an overload of keys in every song. They're a melodic rock band, not a pure AOR band, even though they made some excellent pure AOR songs as well.

I personally think it's a great song and a very good single choice. Can't really see what the critisism is all about.

My thoughts exactly! I hope for some more keyboards on the album, but this is a good single.

The single isn't really representative for the record. There's everything from pure melodic hard rock to excellent AOR to almost sleaze-ish hard rock on there... I'm sure all of you will be very pleased. :)

Why are these people surprised? There wasnt exactly an abundance of keys on ATN, and lots of harder rock style.

Yeah it's a mystery. Somebody even described it as a "bad Bon Jovi outtake" or something along those lines...to the contrary, I would suggest this is better than the majority of the BJ stuff but that's my highly personal opinion :)

• My Little Pony

Why are these people surprised? There wasnt exactly an abundance of keys on ATN, and lots of harder rock style.

Yeah it's a mystery. Somebody even described it as a "bad Bon Jovi outtake" or something along those lines...to the contrary, I would suggest this is better than the majority of the BJ stuff but that's my highly personal opinion :)
Most of Bon Jovi is a "bad Bon Jovi outtake." Keys weren't really a main feature since Freedom Rock.

If you get a chance go on Youtube and spin the B side 'Under Your Skin'....wow!

For some reason I can no longer add Youtube links.

• My Little Pony

Ummm.... it's like on the 1st page::

http://heavyharmonies.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=32009

Right?