H.E.A.T - Tearing Down The Walls (2014)

Kim_Hp

'Tearing Down The Walls' will be H.E.A.T's first release without guitarist Dave Dalone, who decided to leave the band in July of 2013 to pursue new musical challenges.

I didn't know Dalone left the band.

Yeah it was a bit of a chock when the news broke. Dave has always been one of the main creative forces in the band.

I guess two guitars is an advantage in a live situation but other than that, they seem to get on just fine without him.

I didn't know that either. What a time to leave the band... he must have really been hating it there as these seem like great days for the band.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Tearing Down The Walls' will be H.E.A.T's first release without guitarist Dave Dalone, who decided to leave the band in July of 2013 to pursue new musical challenges.

Yeah it was a bit of a chock when the news broke. Dave has always been one of the main creative forces in the band.

I guess two guitars is an advantage in a live situation but other than that, they seem to get on just fine without him.

I didn't know that either. What a time to leave the band... he must have really been hating it there as these seem like great days for the band.

I think you'll love the new one Geoff. More balls than any of their previous releases.

I think you'll love the new one Geoff. More balls than any of their previous releases.

I have not an ounce of doubt in my mind that I'll love the heck out of this one.

I have not an ounce of doubt in my mind that I'll love the heck out of this one.

Of course he'll love it, we know how Geoff likes things that have 'more balls'.

The news Dave left also happened without me ever hearing about it until now.

Getting really excited to hear it.

Of course he'll love it, we know how Geoff likes things that have 'more balls'.

The news Dave left also happened without me ever hearing about it until now.

Getting really excited to hear it.

If I remember correctly I think there was a thread about it here some time ago.

I wonder if their new, heavier direction had something to do with his departure? Maybe it's just a coincidence.

At any rate, still a massive blowback, but if both parties are happier that way then that's the most important I guess.

• My Little Pony

Yep, there was definitely a thread on his departure. His statement contradicted itself which suggested he wasn't happy with the direction the band was heading.

so does anyone know if the full physical release will have 10 or 12 songs??

Good question. All I know is that my promo version has 12 tracks and Andrew´s seem to have 10.

A wild guess would be that the 12-tracker is for the japanese market. They always get the good stuff, don't they?

Good question. All I know is that my promo version has 12 tracks and Andrew´s seem to have 10.

A wild guess would be that the 12-tracker is for the japanese market. They always get the good stuff, don't they?

What are tracks 11 & 12 like??

What are tracks 11 & 12 like??

Killer, just like the other 10. One is an intro though, so it's basically 9 tracks..

Basically I have 10 rough mixes management gave me to check out. I'm getting the final master versions for the finished album next week and from that I'll be able to detail what tracks are on the album and how it configures.

But listening to the 10 tracks in the order supplied makes for a perfect album running order, a really smooth ride.

Hope to be getting the extra tracks from the EP also.