H.E.A.T - Tearing Down The Walls (2014)

Kim_Hp

What? What's happening with the band? Imploding?

No. Eric Rivers left the band amicably. I don't know if they'll be the same without him, though.

I didn't know that. I knew Dalone left, but didn't realise they'll basically be a new band when they come back in our ears again.

I really don't think Dalone was missed that much....

Rivers is a big loss though. I'm not sure how instrumental he was in song writing but thought he was a great guitar player and viewed him and Erik as sorta the faces of the band.

I wonder why he left? From the sounds of it, it wasn't anything to do with personality clashes....The post on facebook just made it sound like he was burned out and ready to do something else outside of the music industry.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the main reason of the two guys leaving the band is maybe because this band is now heavily dictated by the major label. To be frank, sometimes it's not fun anymore when you're forced to play a certain kind of style that you're not comfortable, maybe H.E.A.T was asked to reduce their 80s element and incorporate more modern touch, dunno, but there's a slight chance that the two members will invent a new band, maybe together with Kenny ? that's cool too :)

I don't believe the label had anything to do with it, if you're as successful as H.E.A.T. the label lets you do whatever you want cause they know they have a strong and dedicated fanbase. But after I don't know...... how long has he been in the band maybe 10 years?? It was just time for him to move on these things happen

And I felt that Dalone leaving was indeed a great loss for the band, both as a superb guitarist and writer

Yeah, I'd be amazed if any label who signed HEAT would want them to change much about what has already got them as far as they've got. It's not like their sound isn't already radio friendly enough despite any "modern" aspects they may or may not be missing.

We must remember one thing, for major label, decent sales wasn't considered success, for our genre, selling 10-20k albums is surely spectacular, but major label is aiming maybe at least 100k so if they need to switch the flick to pursue a larger audience, then definitely their signature sound might have to be tweaked.

But whatever the reasons is, I'm quite stoked to see a chance for a small reunion of Kenny-Dave-Erik, at least one or two project should be enough :)

• My Little Pony

They recorded their best songs on the first two albums, there's no way they could ever match those. They still make great music though, and hopefully the next one will be good as well.

Holy shit! I thought I was the only one who held that opinion. Nice to know someone what with some sense.

• My Little Pony

That's an unexpected move but who knows in 2-3 years, they eventually reunited with Erik and Kenny :D

One can hope.