Mall Hawkers

nyoilers

• 2023 Gold Donors

I don't really know what to call these people but they're in the middle of the malls when you're walking and they come up to you,shove a bucket in your face and ask for money for a charity.Now I don't mind organizations like the Salvation Army which stand in one spot and ring a little bell but I don't like strangers approaching me in the malls asking for money.I was close to getting into an argument with this guy who got upset when I didn't donate.

You can't leave the house without being asked to donate to some charity...people approaching you everywhere...heck you can't even buy something at a store without the clerk asking if you want to donate to charity X, the idea being to make you feel guilty and cheap in the lineup if you don't give,....I'm sick and tired of this shit...I give to certain charities every year and I don't need this sort of crap...

• My Little Pony

I never donate through supermarkets. It may seem like you're only giving up a few dollars, but the donation goes out in the store's name, and that company gets a huge right off.

I never donate through supermarkets. It may seem like you're only giving up a few dollars, but the donation goes out in the store's name, and that company gets a huge right off.

I don't give money to any charity through any of the stores I shop at...they take enough of my money as it is...

I don't give money to any charity through any of the stores I shop at...they take enough of my money as it is...

Agreed. I donate right to the charity or their website, not through the stores.

Here in Baltimore, almost every main street intersection has either kids with sand buckets trying to get donations for their cheerleading/football/baseball/schoolband. I mean some of these kids run in the street and are probably under 10 years old. Scary.

Everywhere else, it's usually a homeless person with a sign. There is even one guy who holds a sign..... not a "Will Work For Food" or "Homeless Please Help"..... this guys sign reads "Why lie? Need a beer! Please help!".

I am poor as hell broke right now but I fished out a dollar in change and gave it to an old-timer today. He went right in McDonalds and got a coffee. He was very appreciative.

My son's Cub Scout troop has an annual popcorn sale as a fundraiser, and every year I dread it because I fucking hate going door-to-door with him pushing this stuff. It's a nightmare, because I know that when we come knocking on someone's door they're just gonna go "Yeah yeah, get the fuck off my property," cuz hell, that's what I'd say if I were the one being bothered!!! :rofl2:

I'm thankful that this will be his last year in Cub Scouts so I've done my last popcorn sale for a while... because so far, my younger son doesnt' show much interest in joining up. :D

• 2023 Gold Donors

My daughter's a girl scout and she sells cookies.That's the only fundraiser we let her do.At least with her and your cub scout son the customers are actually getting something in return.