States Of Panic

Guest MortimusRocker

No real surprise - like Peepshow, this rocks. Not sure about the name change, but good stuff all the same.

Nice.

• 2 weeks later...

Modern pop metal. Not for me.

Didn't sound that way to me ... each to his own though.

Did my pledge and now they've made their target. First time I've done anything like this.

Agree.

Did my pledge and now they've made their target. First time I've done anything like this.

Yeah for me it also was the first time. Nice to snatch the disc at 9£...

And I think I've just become a fan of PledgeMusic :git:

3 months is a long wait to get the CD though... :rolleyes:

3 months is a long wait to get the CD though... :rolleyes:

Indeed, but I think there'll be enough cracking albums coming out until then to keep us entertained - we even might completely forget about it 'til it hits our mailboxes ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Don't like the new band name but the songs kick ass.

:banger:

:agree:

Not a great band name and strange to go from something that suggest sleaze/glam to something that suggests ... I dunno ... something else.

• 3 months later...

Not really into this new direction, too 'dancey' maybe, don't know but still a good album, probably worth around 74%

Still not totally sold on the new vocal styles

When I first heard it I thought it might be a new vocalist. I have only heard this very little so far, but from what I heard, whilst not being as good as 'Brand new breed,' I did think it was a very good, consistent CD.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm really growing to love this one more with every listen. It's quite a lot heavier than 'Brand New Breed.' It's definitely more modern than 'BNB.' On 'BNB' they were very close to Crashdiet in style, but on this one they're quite far removed from Crashdiet. Though in saying that, if you're going album for album and 'Generation Wild' was superior to 'Brand New Breed,' it must be said that the new States of Panic disc crushes 'Savage Playground' in every imaginable aspect.

Anyway, just really digging this disc. 'Aviator,' being the most melodic song, is my fave, but to be honest, this is the most consistent CD of the year so far. Every single song is of a very high quality, and there is no lull in the action. The heavy numbers are all killers. Production is brilliant too. Yeah, digging this one plenty...

• 8 months later...

Bump for by far the most under-rated and overlooked release of 2014. Just trying to point people in the direction of one of the gems of the year. Here's a few reasons why this needs to be in your collection:

Arguably the only release of 2014 that had great songs from start to end without a trace of filler. An absolute must in my eyes.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Damn I've been checking insurance costs for the BMW and Audi and it is ridiculous.....I'm thinking about going with a North American car.....may take a hard look at a new Mustang GT.....insurance for it is about half the cost of the other 2....at least those are the numbers I see online, reality may be different....
    • THE OFFSPRING – Let the Bad Times Roll (2021) April 12, 2021     from various sopurces: Working with mega producer Bob Rock (Metallica, Mötley Crüe, Bon Jovi) THE OFFSPRING are back next week with their new album ”Let The Bad Times Roll”: twelve tracks that are drenched with shades of their previous offerings, while delivering a vibrant modern sound that’s seen the title track ‘Let The Bad Times Roll’ elevated to high rotation on rock radio with its commercial polish, while keeping the attitude of the band intact. With ”Let The Bad Times Roll” The Offspring provide a refreshing soundtrack to your own personal apocalypse. Sugar-coating nothing with a satisfyingly merry acknowledgment that everything currently sucks, this is the perfect album to crank the volume on when you’re content just to watch the world burn for a day… Returning to their signature blend of jovial rock n’ pop-punky with a cheeky twist, the album kicks off without foreplay. “This Is Not Utopia,” a rhythmically palpitating opener led by power chords and gang chants, denounces modern-day America from being the Promised Land it monikers itself to be. It might seem a curious move from a band that doesn’t consider itself political, but it sets the tone perfectly for what follows. The title track and lead single, “Let the Bad Times Roll” is a near-perfect return to form. Its aggressive, guitar stabbing verses coupled with its poppy, acoustic-based chorus, and weighty lyrical undertones make it a perfect fit for the playlist to Satan’s spin class. And yet, the lazy fade-out that tags on to the end of the song is unforgivable, rendering its built-up momentum impotent. One of the most enjoyable things about ‘Let the Bad Times Roll’ is every member is clearly heard, feels completely present, and sounds wholly invested. Even on the reimagined Offspring milestone” Gone Away”, stripped back to a piano and vocal rendition with hints of strings that is as beautiful as it is haunting. A result in no small part due to another return from legendary producer, Bob Rock (Metallica, Motley Crue), who clearly knows what fans want to hear on a great Offspring record. Traits such as the dynamic duo of vocalist Dexter Holland and guitarist Noodles being a sonic force throughout. Especially evident on more moving numbers such as “Behind Your Walls,” which sees Holland cater to the verse with a seldom heard, lower register to his vocal delivery. Again with “Coming for You”, which is brought to life by drummer Pete Padara and newcomer Todd Morse on bass. Morse makes a great impression on this record, particularly on what is sure to become an instant Offspring classic, the satirically, and joyously depressing, “We Don’t Have Sex Anymore”. Led by a bass line that sounds like a nod to The Cure’s “Lovecats”, everything about this piece, from the horn section to the playful piano and painful, yet hilarious storytelling delivered by Holland, catapults this tale of sexless woe into the stratosphere. The album’s standout track, it achieves its own kind of happy ending, even if no one else does. Despite what it might initially allude to, ‘Let the Bad Times Roll’ is not the overtly political statement it might suggest itself be. The narrative is one of reflections, not criticisms, observations as opposed to opinions, while musically the energy, thankfully, is as dynamic as ever. A fun and entertaining shot for this lock down era. Tracklist: 01 – This Is Not Utopia 02 – Let The Bad Times Roll 03 – Behind Your Walls 04 – Army Of One 05 – Breaking These Bones 06 – Coming For You 07 – We Never Have Sex Anymore 08 – In The Hall Of The Mountain King 09 – The Opioid Diaries 10 – Hassan Chop 11 – Gone Away 12 – Lullaby Dexter Holland – lead and backing vocals, guitar Noodles – guitar Pete Parada – drums Todd Morse – bass guitar Bob Rock – producer, mixing, engineer   Pre order: www.target.com/p/the-offspring-let-the-bad-times-roll-target-exclusive-cd/-/A-82383162 theoffspring.concordrecords.com/products/the-offspring-let-the-bad-times-roll-cd/
    • I'd rather you go to the "I Love Geoff Tate" forum and post all you want there.  
    • Think I should post about Sweet Oblivion in the prog rock and metal section ? It’s difficult to categorize this great music !
    • People can do whatever they want with their own fiction, it's the people who subscribe to it that are weeding each other out, sadly some of us who dont, are also caught in the crossfire
    • I love the music. The vocals....... not so much. I agree musically it sounds like FarCry but a drastic change in vocal style. Maybe it will grow on me.
    • Never even knew this existed until today. Vinyl only release limited to 500 copies. Band was still in Canada at this time before moving to the US. Anyone ever heard this? April 12, 2021     Now very rare, this was a limited 500 copies – vinyl only – press via Precision Records. This was the time when the band rocked in their native Canada before moving to USA. Musically, they were much more raw, with a glam punky sleazy sound which was instantly adored by headbangers for their adrenaline charged, wasted tunes like “Nuclear Attack”, “I Do What I Want” and “Here Comes The Night”. Almost impossible to find vinyl. Tracklist: 01 – Here Comes The Night 02 – She’s So Pretty 03 – Everybody’s Gonna Have A Real Good Time 04 – I’ll Do What I Want 05 – Oh Love 06 – Nuclear Attack 07 – I Was Gonna Ron Sweetheart Collie – lead vocals Jeff Campbell – guitar, vocals Michael Lotimer – bass, vocals Peter Lotimer – drums, vocals   Out of print          

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.