Free Spirit - All The Shades Of Darkened Light

Stefan

My copy finally arrived today and I can't wait to slip it in for a whirl!!! Thanks again Stefan for putting me on to this one......

Delbert I couldn't tell if you were talking about a new cd, or a new girlfriend, you made it sound incredibly enjoyable either way!

My copy finally arrived today and I can't wait to slip it in for a whirl!!! Thanks again Stefan for putting me on to this one......

Delbert I couldn't tell if you were talking about a new cd, or a new girlfriend, you made it sound incredibly enjoyable either way!

LOL.....LOL......LOL......yeah, re-reading that, if this wasn't a CD forum it could be misconstrued, huh? Either way, it was enjoyable and I love this new album from FREE SPIRIT. They have a unique and different sound.

• 3 weeks later...

New guitar player and as I said in my comments on the main pages, everything has been turned up a few notches from the debut. One of the best this year so far, without doubt.

Completely awesome band, I really like their style, and im always happy to hear they have new material, I will check this out!

Whack my balls with a tennis raquet, but amazingly, this one is actually very good. Like I said above, debut is kind of okay and that's about it. This one is more more spirited, lively melodic rock. Didn't expect to like this, but it's actually one of my favourite CDs of the year so far. Only slight issue with me is some of the accent/pronunciation here and there, but that's okay. Good disc!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

This album did everything right... except make me want to play it again. Even though the songs are basically all quite good to great at times, I just never really wanted to play it repeatedly. I'm guessing it might have something to do with the lyrics and my inability to not understand a lot of those lyrics too. It's a good album on paper, but albums that don't have me touching myself to listen to repeatedly worry me.

• 2 months later...

I picked this and covered call - money never sleeps from a few years back. Am loving these 2 cds. Better than anything released this year so far. Sometimes it's great to be late to the party.

I picked this and covered call - money never sleeps from a few years back. Am loving these 2 cds. Better than anything released this year so far. Sometimes it's great to be late to the party.

Wow, massive call. I prefer Care Of Night and Issa to these two tenfold. Probably a decent handful already, actually. I like both discs, and pulled out the Covered Call one myself just a couple of weeks ago, but yeah, defo prefer Care Of Night and Issa, if nothing else.

I'd probably listen to both those over the other two as well. Definitely the Eclipse one. Free Spirit is very consistent but severely lacks replay value for me. Covered Call is also a pretty solid disc, but definitely nothing that's stood out for me at all through the years.

I think a lot of it boils down to expectations. I had a massive expectations for eclipse and it's a bit of a letdown. These 2 cds rocked up in Feb and have been getting more spins than anything released in 2015 that I have.

Dark, pale sister is nowhere near as good as this one.