H.E.A.T. - Address The Nation (2 CD Tour Edition)

Stefan

The debut rocked pretty good with a few great tracks. Freedom Rock had better songs than the debut in general, but the sound was without any balls. Address The Nation has the best production, vocals and lots of great tracks, but only 10 tracks was a joke , it should have been a 12 to 13 track release.

I have a feeling the next one could destroy them all.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree. The songs themselves are great its just that Erik is a far better vocalist & accent free.

The old songs sound amazing live with Erik singing them

Nah, I had no problem with the accent. I just didnt think the songs on the first two albums were that great.

Nothing wrong with them, but not one single one of them ever stood out to me.

I think Beg beg beg is probably the only song I can even remember.

You are joking of course?! Beg beg beg is by far their worst song imo.

Plenty of tracks on those albums which are awesome - really surprised that people think the older songs are poor??!

What about -

Stay

Tonight

1000 miles

Cast Away

Never Let Go

Keep On Dreaming

Straight For Your Heart

Follow Me

Bring The Stars

All of those are up to ATN quality imo. Obviously need better production & Erik singing but the songs are there.

I disagree. The songs themselves are great its just that Erik is a far better vocalist & accent free.

The old songs sound amazing live with Erik singing them

Nah, I had no problem with the accent. I just didnt think the songs on the first two albums were that great.

Nothing wrong with them, but not one single one of them ever stood out to me.

I think Beg beg beg is probably the only song I can even remember.

I agree with this. The songs weren't as good as on ATN. Nothing stood out to me on either of the other two discs.

Eh? You are all mad ;-))

Listen to 'Stay' & 'Heartbreaker' and they are basically the same song.

Ok prduction is better on ATN but how is one so much better than the other - confused.com.

Both a 9.5/10 in my book.

Can someone explain please??

• My Little Pony

Eh? You are all mad ;-))

Listen to 'Stay' & 'Heartbreaker' and they are basically the same song.

Ok prduction is better on ATN but how is one so much better than the other - confused.com.

Both a 9.5/10 in my book.

Can someone explain please??

In fact id say 'stay' just edges it with that awesome outro.

Their best song is still 1000 miles by the way. Just saying

I posted all of these above for reference, but i don't think these boys really gave them a proper listen. I mean a proper listen.

And what's all this talk about Gronwall being miles ahead of Leckremo. I can't put one above the other, they're both brilliant, but only Leckremo does this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTgnSW6MOdM?t=3m20s

Damn! I can't embed a YouTube clip if I want the clip to start part way through. Also, when you click the link it just plays it from the start. So forward to 3:20.

Also, how great would it be with both guys handling vocal duties?! I think they'd sound great together.

Oh I listened to them multiple times and I still say the first two albums are not exciting.

As for Beg beg beg, I didnt say it stood out as a great song, just that it was the only one that stood out (probably because repeating a word 3 times made it easier to remember).

Erik for me is the better vocalist not because he sings better (although I prefer his vocals), its because he seems to bring more to the table performance wise.

Seems to have a lot more energy, and presence.

Not sure how much input he had in the writing, but seeing as the songs for me are so much more catchy, it would surprise me if his arrival in the band had nothing to do with that as the timing would be too coincidental.

I have to agree with Glen, the first two releases are still awesome. As a whole ATN is stronger, but I can't dis the previous releases.

As for my personal best songs from H.E.A.T., to me they are not all on ATN, far from it.

1.) Follow Me (debut)

2.) Everybody Wants To Be Someone (Freedom Rock)

3.) Stay (Freedom Rock)

4.) Living On The Run (Address The Nation)

5.) There For You (debut)

6.) Better Off Alone (Address The Nation)

7.) We're Gonna Make It The End (Freedom Rock)

8.) Never Let Go (debut)

9.) Falling Down (Address The Nation)

10.) Beg, Beg, Beg (Freedom Rock)

I do have a difficult time making a mix cd for the car of all three releases, the vocals are so different that it sounds weird to inter mix both vocalists.

I remember being upset when Kenny had left the band, I'm not anymore, however the first two releases are still awesome in my books.

I have 1 favorite, the rest are all just fanfuckingtastic, here is my list.

1. Need Her

There you have it, my fav.

Oh I listened to them multiple times and I still say the first two albums are not exciting.

As for Beg beg beg, I didnt say it stood out as a great song, just that it was the only one that stood out (probably because repeating a word 3 times made it easier to remember).

Erik for me is the better vocalist not because he sings better (although I prefer his vocals), its because he seems to bring more to the table performance wise.

Not sure how much input he had in the writing, but seeing as the songs for me are so much more catchy, it would surprise me if his arrival in the band had nothing to do with that as the timing would be too coincidental.

Yep! gotta go with Howdy on this, Erik is a much better singer, or let me say this, Erik has a far superior voice, many of the songs on ATN stuck the 1st listen, just the opening track blows away anything off their other albums, maybe I'll just get on here and argue that ATN fucking blows, and the 1st 2 H.E.A.T. discs are far better, that is why we were all still posting messages about those first 2 discs before ATN was released, right? I got sick of all the banter about those discs, yet here we are, as stated earlier, discussing this disc, more then a year after it's release, and here I am, listening to it, at least once a week, sorry, those 2 discs, cant even be compared to this one. not in any way shape or form, and to do so is mad.

No one has commented on the Stay / Heartbreaker comparison.

Come on guys, I wanna know why Heartbreaker 'destroys' Stay.

[i'll give you a clue...it doesnt. its maybe marginally better because of a more updated modern production and Erik singing]

• My Little Pony

No one has commented on the Stay / Heartbreaker comparison.

Come on guys, I wanna know why Heartbreaker 'destroys' Stay.

[i'll give you a clue...it doesnt. its maybe marginally better because of a more updated modern production and Erik singing]

Nope. I'll take "Stay" over "Heartbreaker" any day.

• My Little Pony

I have 1 favorite, the rest are all just fanfuckingtastic, here is my list.

1. Need Her

There you have it, my fav.

So bloody good! Seldom does a track grab me so quickly and firmly. I'd have felt violated if it weren't so good.

Ok, just played both back to back and while I agree that there are similarities, to me it kinda sounds like Stay is a demo. It sounds half arsed compared to Heartbreaker.

Vocals are miles better on Heartbreaker. Production is better. And the whole song sounds like it was actually finished, rather than on Stay where it kinda sounds like a first draft. The big gang backing vocals are a huge reason for that.

Agree

Yeah but I think we are missing the point here -

1. We all agree that erik is a better singer

2. We all agree that Address The Nation has better production.

What we are discussing is the songs.

I still maintain that the old songs sound great live alongside the ATN material.

Yeah but I think we are missing the point here -

1. We all agree that erik is a better singer

2. We all agree that Address The Nation has better production.

What we are discussing is the songs.

I still maintain that the old songs sound great live alongside the ATN material.

Yes, live with Erik singing

word

Glen's said it a bunch full of times in the last few posts, but for me, the ridiculously obvious and stand out difference between the first two albums and 'ATN' is 100%, without a doubt, the production. It'd be foolish to under-estimate just what a difference that makes.

I truly believe that with 'ATN's production, 'Freedom Rock' would be every bit as good as, if not better than 'ATN.' Yes, Erik's vocals are definitely better, but Kenny had a good voice and all being equal, the praise for 'ATN' would have been just as strong as it is, even if the album was recorded exactly as it is, but with Kenny on vocals.

Yep, if you ask me, it's all in the production why 'ATN' stands out so much. Doesn't hurt that the songs are killer. though. But as others have mentioned, they were on the first two too, especially 'Freedom Rock.'

And thanks for the 'California' track, AM - love that tune!!

See I dont agree with that. I dont give a rats arse for production. I mean, I sit on here sometimes hearing people moan about production on this album being poor, or that album being poor, and I just go "WTF? It all sounds good to me".

Yeah a good production is good, but for me it doesnt matter if the production is poor as long as the songs are great. Some of my favourite songs and albums have tinny thin production, and it matters not a jot to me.
At the end of the day you can stick a great production on an album and unless the songs are strong ... well, you cant polish a turd is the old saying.

Not saying those first two albums are turds, but my lack of interest in them has absolutely 0% to do with production. In fact I dont think the production is that bad. Yeah its not as polished as ATN I will grant you, but its hardly a shit box production either.

See I dont agree with that. I dont give a rats arse for production. I mean, I sit on here sometimes hearing people moan about production on this album being poor, or that album being poor, and I just go "WTF? It all sounds good to me".

Yeah a good production is good, but for me it doesnt matter if the production is poor as long as the songs are great. Some of my favourite songs and albums have tinny thin production, and it matters not a jot to me.

At the end of the day you can stick a great production on an album and unless the songs are strong ... well, you cant polish a turd is the old saying.

Not saying those first two albums are turds, but my lack of interest in them has absolutely 0% to do with production. In fact I dont think the production is that bad. Yeah its not as polished as ATN I will grant you, but its hardly a shit box production either.

Still agree with Howdy on most, though I am a HUGE PRODUCTION BUFFOON! but dont believe it has anything to do with what we are talking about, Erik is the link here, no Erik, not the same album.

Got this info from Melodicrock.com

The first single from the new H.E.A.T. album is "A Shot At Redemption". Out in February!

I'm excited!