H.E.A.T. - Address The Nation (2 CD Tour Edition)

Stefan

You know this was a good release when we are still talking about it and its bonus material almost 2 years after being released.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know this was a good release when we are still talking about it and its bonus material almost 2 years after being released.

Yes! My #1 of 2012

Thats cause the bonus tracks were just barely released, correct?

Whats the big debate over the fucking bonus tracks, any one of you thats been buying Cd's back to the mail order days, knows that, well back then, you were going to pay $50+ for your 1 maybe 2 bonus tracks on the Jap import you ordered, many times I became a snob, and it wasn't good enough for me just to buy the domestic release of something, I had to order the Jap Version, shit hasn't changed, you guys dont wait for the Jap version to be released, then just order it? you all act like your shocked, if you really want to know why the Japs get the top bonus tracks, read up on it, it goes way back to the beginning of Cd's, and the fact the labels wanted the Japanese to release their albums, but the Japanese wouldn't do it without an incentive for doing it, so they demanded extra tracks, 4 to be exact, labels said, Fuck Off, we will give you 1, maybe 2 at the most, and the Japanese said, awesome, then they jacked up the price, and took me for thousands in the 90s! I still buy them, though now I can check out the bonus track before I blow my money, no more getting fucked in the ass on bad bonus tracks, think Im going to load up Life And Times Of The Bonus Track, right now, and jam it loud!!

The difference here is this came out a year and a half later than the European release.

Are you saying people should have waited a year and a half just in case there was a Japanese version with an extra bonus CD?

Yes thats what he's saying, I just buy the fucking cd, whichever cuntry it comes out in, if it pops up with bonus tracks in another country, I'll buy that one, jesus christ, whats the fucking debate about, sell the rip off gay version, and order the bonus track loaded oriental version, or just give up all around, and seek it out on a torrent sight, that way your getting the upper hand, you paid for your copy, right? then they have the audacity to release the same copy, only with 3 additional songs, and on top of that, those songs, are probably better then a quarter of the songs on the version you bought, so it's only fair, that you discard 3 tracks off your original cd, go to the torrent, download the 3 bonus tracks that you deserve, because you paid for your 1st cd, and enjoy them, and know that you can still send your fucking small loan amount to the japanese, for the original copy, if you want, but you dont have to, you have evened up the score! now thats' the way I plan on getting my 3 bonus tracks!

Not all of us have the fucking money to blow on 2-3 different versions of one album!

Exactly. Especially when the Jap version is probably gonna cost stupid money.

To anyone who does not like digital downloads, you have to bite the bullet and either download it or spend money over again (and this is no different if its a Jap release or a re-release of the domestic version like Reckless Love did with their first album)

Plus, my original copy is signed by the band, so its not like I will just be selling my copy off.

Its shit like this that just encourages people to download shit illegally.

And I didn't even like the first two HEAT discs. Gronwall is such a HUGE improvement and I LOVE this disc. It's a little ballsier too.

Wouldnt say I didnt like them, but the first two albums just didnt excite me, and I dont think I can remember more than one song off of them.

Gronwall just took them to a whole new level in my opinion.

I love his albums, and Address the nation was easily one of my top albums of 2012, which shows you the turn around that this band did for me.

On top of everything else, live Erik is a case of perpetual motion.

And I didn't even like the first two HEAT discs. Gronwall is such a HUGE improvement and I LOVE this disc. It's a little ballsier too.

Agree 100% I never listen to them first 2, and don't plan on it anymore.

Whats the big debate over the fucking bonus tracks, any one of you thats been buying Cd's back to the mail order days, knows that, well back then, you were going to pay $50+ for your 1 maybe 2 bonus tracks on the Jap import you ordered, many times I became a snob, and it wasn't good enough for me just to buy the domestic release of something, I had to order the Jap Version, shit hasn't changed, you guys dont wait for the Jap version to be released, then just order it? you all act like your shocked, if you really want to know why the Japs get the top bonus tracks, read up on it, it goes way back to the beginning of Cd's, and the fact the labels wanted the Japanese to release their albums, but the Japanese wouldn't do it without an incentive for doing it, so they demanded extra tracks, 4 to be exact, labels said, Fuck Off, we will give you 1, maybe 2 at the most, and the Japanese said, awesome, then they jacked up the price, and took me for thousands in the 90s! I still buy them, though now I can check out the bonus track before I blow my money, no more getting fucked in the ass on bad bonus tracks, think Im going to load up Life And Times Of The Bonus Track, right now, and jam it loud!!

The difference here is this came out a year and a half later than the European release.

Are you saying people should have waited a year and a half just in case there was a Japanese version with an extra bonus CD?

Yes thats what he's saying, I just buy the fucking cd, whichever cuntry it comes out in, if it pops up with bonus tracks in another country, I'll buy that one, jesus christ, whats the fucking debate about, sell the rip off gay version, and order the bonus track loaded oriental version, or just give up all around, and seek it out on a torrent sight, that way your getting the upper hand, you paid for your copy, right? then they have the audacity to release the same copy, only with 3 additional songs, and on top of that, those songs, are probably better then a quarter of the songs on the version you bought, so it's only fair, that you discard 3 tracks off your original cd, go to the torrent, download the 3 bonus tracks that you deserve, because you paid for your 1st cd, and enjoy them, and know that you can still send your fucking small loan amount to the japanese, for the original copy, if you want, but you dont have to, you have evened up the score! now thats' the way I plan on getting my 3 bonus tracks!

Not all of us have the fucking money to blow on 2-3 different versions of one album!

Exactly. Especially when the Jap version is probably gonna cost stupid money.

To anyone who does not like digital downloads, you have to bite the bullet and either download it or spend money over again (and this is no different if its a Jap release or a re-release of the domestic version like Reckless Love did with their first album)

Plus, my original copy is signed by the band, so its not like I will just be selling my copy off.

Its shit like this that just encourages people to download shit illegally.

Correct

• My Little Pony

I used to feel the same way, but "Address the Nation" got me listening to "Freedom Rock," which only had a few songs I liked. But then I listened to that album over and over, and started loving the entire album, so I went back further and listened to the debut. I never liked "H.E.A.T." when it was first released, but now even that album is a classic.

C'mon, do none of these tracks excite you?:

From "H.E.A.T."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FX8_A1BNlWs

• My Little Pony

I heard them all before, and no.... they don't excite me at all. It isn't bad but it's nowhere near the greatness of ATN.

Agree!

Agree 100% I never listen to them first 2, and don't plan on it anymore.

I was actually a big fan of the 1st cd but didnt like the 2nd...LOVE the 3rd disc with gronwall though...is the new disc out in feb 2014? think i read that here somewhere :)

I disagree. The songs themselves are great its just that Erik is a far better vocalist & accent free.

The old songs sound amazing live with Erik singing them

I do Rocker. You want it?

Yes please! ;)

Thanks!

Geoff..... I tried to PM you and it says "user cannot receive new messages".

Whoops, sorry mate. All clear now. Thanks!

As for the discussion at hand, I still love all three discs. I agree the new one is the best and definitely their best sound/style, but the first two are still excellent.

• My Little Pony

I do Rocker. You want it?

Yes please! ;)

Thanks!

Geoff..... I tried to PM you and it says "user cannot receive new messages".

Whoops, sorry mate. All clear now. Thanks!

As for the discussion at hand, I still love all three discs. I agree the new one is the best and definitely their best sound/style, but the first two are still excellent.

Yeah, I tried PMing you a couple times throughout the year, but your damn box was always full. Makes sense.

I'm the only person in the world who thinks so, but I think that Freedom Rock is by far H.e.a.t's best album.

Well bro, I can only sum it up one way, and of course its only my opinion, but it's the RIGHT OPINION! the 2 first Heat discs were without question fantastic discs, in their own right, they were discs that I believe stood above, and were superior to just about all the other discs that came out in their respective years, they were a above average talented stand out band, but the addition of Gronwall basically took better then average albums, crushed them up into a ball, and threw them into the furnace, I cant even reckon how anyone who has all 3 discs, could argue this, of course by opinion, but really it's not even a fair comparison, those 2 heat discs were terrific, Address is just fucking mind blowingly unbelievable, but to each their own, maybe your just rebelling, cause you dont want to be on the Address bandwagon, I do that to bro, I wont like a disc cause everyone else likes it, but this is one that I think your safe loving, because it's just astounding, or maybe you really just dont like it as much? either way, Im going to have to agree with you, yes you probably are the ONLY!! one who likes Freedom Rock, over Address!

Well hell.... might as well post it here:

H.E.A.T. - "California"

http://www.filedropper.com/heat-californiabonustrack_1

Thanks mate. And sorry to anyone else who may have tried to PM me in the last year or so... I had no idea my inbox was full. Send away now, if you still have what you tried to send.