I've turned digital :-(

JC_AOR

Having your collection digitized makes it easier to find everything, especially if you have hundreds or thousands of CDs. That's about the only good thing I have to say about it. Wish I could still spend money on CDs but it's just not possible right now and will remain that way for the foreseeable future. Will be picking up the odd CD here and there though.

Having your collection digitized makes it easier to find everything, especially if you have hundreds or thousands of CDs. That's about the only good thing I have to say about it. Wish I could still spend money on CDs but it's just not possible right now and will remain that way for the foreseeable future. Will be picking up the odd CD here and there though.

It's better to digitize, sort everything and start ranking them one by one with your personal score, and if you want to raise money, sell all cds below 75% and convert them to any cds above 80%. I also do this every year, sorting all the new releases sample and start buying the top 20 that also means only 1 or 2 new CDs per month which I think is affordable to most of us here. If you have more budget, spend more on the old releases but stick to the high rating

It really sucks getting old. I've cut way back on buying CD's the last couple of years my kids wanted fish so I got back into tropical fish keeping, my middle son is now playing travel baseball ($600) so on and so on.

I got a corrupt file on a CD and wiped out my MP3 player a few months back and I decided to buy a external hard drive and now I have everything backed up on digital, having all my music on my MP3 player is the best thing I've ever done, no more wear and tear on my CD's turn and burn then store them.

I buy a few MP3's on Amazon not too much just some 80's pop stuff.