League Football 2013/14

Wotty

Palace 3 - Sunderland 1

And we're in the points with a rather good display. Get in :)

Reality check........C.P. were ok,but they would've been given a more solid test by anyone else but................Sunderland were worse than shite...

Reality check? That's 3 matches where we have been competitive (2 of them against better sides) and we have improved in each one, so we certainly don't need a reality check. Palace were much better than Ok on Saturday me old mucker..did you actually have the TV set turned on? We.played some lovely stuff throughout the match, passed the ball a lot quicker and were really sharp on the break and looked really solid at the back too..completely controlled the game apart from a 10 minute spell after they equalised. Early days I know and the big boys will obviously be a much bigger test, but still a very promising performance nontheless.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

those are the games you HAVE to win, so a good result.

Sneak a point here and there against some of the bigger clubs and who knows..............

Southend have had a reasonable start - Wycombe managed to hold on, but in the play off zone.....early days yet.

Palace 3 - Sunderland 1

Reality check........C.P. were ok,but they would've been given a more solid test by anyone else but................Sunderland were worse than shite...

Reality check? That's 3 matches where we have been competitive (2 of them against better sides) and we have improved in each one, so we certainly don't need a reality check. Palace were much better than Ok on Saturday me old mucker..did you actually have the TV set turned on? We.played some lovely stuff throughout the match, passed the ball a lot quicker and were really sharp on the break and looked really solid at the back too..completely controlled the game apart from a 10 minute spell after they equalised. Early days I know and the big boys will obviously be a much bigger test, but still a very promising performance nontheless.

I was at the game with my daughter (we had a great day). We played pretty well, looked a bit dodgy defensively as usual but we bossed the midfield and could have scored a lot more goals. Should have won at Stoke too, played them off the park first half and if we'd put our chances away the game would have been out of their reach by half time.

We're playing a lot better than I expected and have brought in some very good players. Exciting times.

Palace 3 - Sunderland 1

I was at the game with my daughter (we had a great day). We played pretty well, looked a bit dodgy defensively as usual but we bossed the midfield and could have scored a lot more goals. Should have won at Stoke too, played them off the park first half and if we'd put our chances away the game would have been out of their reach by half time.

We're playing a lot better than I expected and have brought in some very good players. Exciting times.

Yeah..I'm liking some of the new signings. Puncheon, Chamakh ,Guedioura, Jerome and Campana all look real quality, and the 2 Reading lads as well. I think Dwight Gayle shows promise, although not sure about the 6m price tag. Not sure about Bannan, Marange,Hunt and Grandin either, as I don't now much about them..

• 2 weeks later...

Man Utd 2 - Palace 0

Not a surprise result tbh. Glad we managed to keep them to just 2 (1 penalty..was the foul outside the area?) and restrict them to only 5 shots throughout the game. Playing with 10 men for half the game certainly didn't help matters and we gave the ball away way too much as well, so no complaints. Apart from that, played pretty well throughout with Jedi the star again. Certainly not down in the dumps.

Man Utd 2 - Palace 0

Not a surprise result tbh. Glad we managed to keep them to just 2 (1 penalty..was the foul outside the area?) and restrict them to only 5 shots throughout the game. Playing with 10 men for half the game certainly didn't help matters and we gave the ball away way too much as well, so no complaints. Apart from that, played pretty well throughout with Jedi the star again. Certainly not down in the dumps.

If we play like that every week, we should be alright. The big negative was that we passed to their players too often, which led to their first goal. On the other hand, we weren't outclassed at all. Rooney's wonder-free kick aside, he had a very poor game and the cheating referee was the difference between the two sides. Never a penalty and not even a foul imho. There was no contact until after the player (diving cunt Young) was already on his way to the floor.

Good performance all round really and I honestly think we'd have got something out of the game if Ashley The Cunt and the ref hadn't changed the game (Young should have gone off for his outrageous cheating that only got him a yellow card earlier on). Jedi was great defensively, but his passing was really awful today (with one exception) so for me Delaney should have MOTM.

Hmmm.....The result was NEVER in doubt,it is M.U.F.C. you know......... :whistle:

Yeah ... I'm sure the ref had a tattoo of those letters...

In fairness to Moyes, he had a go at Young about that.............

Great!!!! But 'having a go' isn't enough is it..banning players who 'Cheat' for a certain number of matches is the way to go. The Officials are as much to blame too in this instance too. Firstly, giving the penalty which was clearly outside the area, secondly, sending off Digkachoi, who was blameless and not even the last defender like they said he was. Thirdly, for bottling it and not booking Young a second time and sending him off...oh sorry you don't send home players off at Old Trafford do you!! A comedy of errors, which shouldn't happen at this level. Welcome to the Premiership I suppose..still doesn't make it right though.

Great!!!! But 'having a go' isn't enough is it..banning players who 'Cheat' for a certain number of matches is the way to go. The Officials are as much to blame too in this instance too. Firstly, giving the penalty which was clearly outside the area, secondly, sending off Digkachoi, who was blameless and not even the last defender like they said he was. Thirdly, for bottling it and not booking Young a second time and sending him off...oh sorry you don't send home players off at Old Trafford do you!! A comedy of errors, which shouldn't happen at this level. Welcome to the Premiership I suppose..still doesn't make it right though.

Exactly. Moyes may have criticised the player, but does that give us any points?

Unbelievably, we looked like we might actually get a result at Old Trafford (against what looks, to be fair, a very average United side) but the officials and Ashley The C**t changed all that.

I really hope this doesn't become a run of bad luck. We had the poor penalty decision against Tottenham, a blatant penalty denied at Stoke (the most stonewall penalty you will see all season, but inexplicably not given) and now this. It does feel like small clubs are unwelcome at the Premier League table, which isn't really a surprise.

Exactly. Moyes may have criticised the player, but does that give us any points?

Unbelievably, we looked like we might actually get a result at Old Trafford (against what looks, to be fair, a very average United side) but the officials and Ashley The C**t changed all that.

I really hope this doesn't become a run of bad luck. We had the poor penalty decision against Tottenham, a blatant penalty denied at Stoke (the most stonewall penalty you will see all season, but inexplicably not given) and now this. It does feel like small clubs are unwelcome at the Premier League table, which isn't really a surprise.

Jesus, calm down people lol.

All I was doing was comparing Moyes with Ferguson - he would have just said he hadnt seen the incident and defended the player to the hilt. At least Moyes is a manager willing to bring his players to account.

Agreed and 100% it is down to the officials - but most of them are wimps.

All I will say is these events are usually swings and roundabouts and even themselves out over the course of a season.

If we're truthful here, where you need the luck is against those sides you will be neck and neck with at the end of the season, not ManU who will be at the opposite end of the table.

Southampton 2 - Palace 0

it's becoming apparent we are out of our depth here. No goals yet again.

Yep, we'll soon be cast adrift at the bottom. I hate to see us prove the bookies right, but rather than buy 5 or 6 very good players right at the start of the window and give them time to gel with the rest of the squad, we did exactly what I hoped we wouldn't, i.e. bring in loads of quite good players and do it right at the last minute. Sadly, when you go up in this division you need to add class to overcome the inevitable 'bad luck' that promoted teams get, in our case a penalty that never was costing us a point against Tottenham, a stonewall penalty not given at Stoke, a sending off and penalty that were pure travesty at Old Trafford. We lack that class, although have a lot of players who are good at this level on their day.

I hope we keep the better players for a tilt at promotion again next season, although as Wigan are demonstrating, it is far from easy...

Southampton 2 - Palace 0

it's becoming apparent we are out of our depth here. No goals yet again.

Yep, we'll soon be cast adrift at the bottom. I hate to see us prove the bookies right, but rather than buy 5 or 6 very good players right at the start of the window and give them time to gel with the rest of the squad, we did exactly what I hoped we wouldn't, i.e. bring in loads of quite good players and do it right at the last minute. Sadly, when you go up in this division you need to add class to overcome the inevitable 'bad luck' that promoted teams get, in our case a penalty that never was costing us a point against Tottenham, a stonewall penalty not given at Stoke, a sending off and penalty that were pure travesty at Old Trafford. We lack that class, although have a lot of players who are good at this level on their day.

I hope we keep the better players for a tilt at promotion again next season, although as Wigan are demonstrating, it is far from easy...

Completely agreed. I haven't given up hope yet though, as it is only 6 odd games into the season and I do think we will get some results along the way, but it is gonna be a major struggle (tbh...as we knew beforehand). Still, we aren't the worst team in the league :whistle:

Liverpool 3 - Palace 1

Finally a goal. Crap first half, but a much much better 2nd half dispay. Good to have Bolasie back. Him and Campana both have to start next game against Fulham...C.O.Y.P hang in there.

• 2 weeks later...

A must win against Fulham tomorrow night. No points from this one and I feel we maybe on our way back down to the bowels of hell

A must win against Fulham tomorrow night. No points from this one and I feel we maybe on our way back down to the bowels of hell

That's what worries me. We're under so much pressure if we don't win, it's going to make for a really nervy game, so anything could happen. Hopefully lots of noise from the Palace fans, a few goals and plenty of booing for Darren Bent. I'll be there, so might be pretty quiet for a few days if it goes badly...

Come on you EEEEEEEAGLESSSS!!!

foresthome7511tifobbc.jpg

Well,LOST 1-4..........Inc.two wonder goals......No need to take the piss but. :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

That's what worries me. We're under so much pressure if we don't win, it's going to make for a really nervy game, so anything could happen. Hopefully lots of noise from the Palace fans, a few goals and plenty of booing for Darren Bent. I'll be there, so might be pretty quiet for a few days if it goes badly...

Come on you EEEEEEEAGLESSSS!!!

foresthome7511tifobbc.jpg

Cardiac Arrest me thinks.........