R.I.P. Brett Walker

Stefan

:(

That is really sad. The music wasn't really my thing, although 'Nevertheless' was a good album. He must have been quite young? Three kids left behind too. Tragic. RIP.

Oh my word that is a huge shock ....I like his stuff and was really looking forward to hearing his new album, I only heard about it's release yesterday and it put me in a real good mood - how things change in less than 24 hrs.

My respect and best wishes go out to his family.

Sad news indeed. I'm also not a massive fan myself, despite some great songs (like 'Quicksand,' an all time fave of mine), but yeah, very unexpected news. Anyone have any details on the "accident?" R.I.P.

AOR Heaven press release:

"In deep mourning and dismay, yesterday we received the tragic information that US singer, songwriter and musician Brett Walker sadly has passed away.

Just one day after the official press release announcing our forthcoming release of his new studio album “Straight Jacket Vacation”, it seems a bit bizarre that this blessed musician is no longer with us.

Brett Walker was full of energy and thirst for action and was looking forward to the release of his new album as well as on his live performance at the coming Melodic Rockfest in Chicago. So much the worse now is the fact that he unexpectedly has passed away.

After speaking with his wife Sheron, we will – as planned – release his new album on August 30th because, according to Sheron, this would have been his deepest wish.

We will do our best to treat Brett Walker’s musical legacy with dignity and the appreciation he deserves. At the same time, we wish his wife Sheron and his three children the necessary power to hurdle this stroke of fate."

R.I.P. Brett

Georg Siegl, AOR Heaven

Way too young ! R.I.P., Brett ! :(

Looks like he passed in his sleep.....at 50 odd. ??!

Very sad.

I personally have always loved his 'Nevertheless' album. A classic slice of AOR.

RIP.

This is the guy that wrote ALIAS minor hit, 'Waiting For Love', am i rite ?
not really familiar with other songs, but can anyone hint me what other hits did he write back then ?

Here's a link to a Wikipedia page for all I know the info there is right with regards to his work outside his solo albums. I'm not too up on what hits he wrote for people or what he really got up to outside his albums although I know Carl Dixon did a cover of More than a Memory on his "One" album.

The deal for me is his solo stuff which is top drawer all round and easy enough to pick up. If you like what you hear then you will definitely want to track down a copy of the Person 2 Person demos too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brett_Walker

Brett was one of my favoutite artists, his albums Nevertheless and Lift Off both rate very highly for me and as Nick mentioned above, the Person 2 Person demos are well worth tracking down as well. I'm glad he was able to complete a new album this year. Very sad news of his passing. RIP Brett.