Reckless Love - Spirit

Deuce

I hate to say it, but with all of these different versions, I'm going to be waiting to buy this album.

Yep, same here. This tactic could possibly be a slight backfire. How many people buy multiple physical copies versus those that wait...and maybe never actually buy ANY version because the next big release from a different band has grabbed attention?

I will buy 1 copy, but waiting to see which bonus track I like best.

Whoa just heard ''Die Hard'' and lemme tell you... it is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.!!! Very old skool feel, EASILY one of the top 3 tracks off the new record real shame it's only on the uk version but it really is kind of different from the other songs so I kinda get it. Curious to know what the jap bonus track sounds like........

I agree, great track....its harder hitting, with a great solo.

Whoa just heard ''Die Hard'' and lemme tell you... it is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.!!! Very old skool feel, EASILY one of the top 3 tracks off the new record real shame it's only on the uk version but it really is kind of different from the other songs so I kinda get it. Curious to know what the jap bonus track sounds like........

I agree, great track....its harder hitting, with a great solo.

Agreed! As for the rest of the album... not THAT big of a hit as a whole after one week of listening I'd say I guess time will tell...

I didn't really like what I heard of 'Animal Attraction', but I listened to 'Night On Fire' last night and it rocks! Might have to check this one out .... although from other comments, maybe I've just heard the standout track?

I didn't really like what I heard of 'Animal Attraction', but I listened to 'Night On Fire' last night and it rocks! Might have to check this one out .... although from other comments, maybe I've just heard the standout track?

I'd say there are about 5 or 6 really great tracks on the album, the rest being good standard RL songs, except 'Metal Ass' which is pretty shit.

I'd say there are about 5 or 6 really great tracks on the album, the rest being good standard RL songs, except 'Metal Ass' which is pretty shit.

Quite an endorsement ... must listen to a few samples on iTunes tonight...

Ass and shit in the same sentence...how ironic, well maybe not.

Just the title alone screams bad song. Something tells me if Steel Panther had a track called Metal Ass it would kick...ass.

Metal Ass is a great fun song. Its like Coconuts on the last album, just a fun song. Nothing to be taken seriously.

Just as an aside, Spirit actually hit #11 in the UK top 40 rock albums chart, which is quite impressive.

I just got the album.

Metal Ass, sure the song is a joke, but the guitar work is fuckin' awesome.

I think this is the bands strongest and most cohesive release. No 'dance' tunes, make this stronger on its own.

Other than the two 'Metal' tracks and Hot Rain, this one is pretty solid and even those 'Metal' tracks aren't that bad, just really cheesy lyrics.

hey, I actually dont mind 'I Love Heavy Metal' now after repeated spins.

'Metal Ass' is OK, and yeah the guitar work is great, but it just doesn't live up to their more melodic stuff.

Thats all.............

This is great stuff, but that's what I've come to expect from these guys. Musically I feel they are very close to Steel Panther, but you can hear bits and pieces of Wig Wam, Van Halen (an obvious inspiration source), Crazy Lixx and stuff like that too. Maybe a little Fate-quirkiness in the lyrical department as well.

I would probably put this over "Animal Attraction" as I feel the songs are less pop-oriented and the album a bit more consistent overall. Don't know about the debut, that was one great record, but it's certainly up there. Let's just hope they continue releasing new stuff every other year and not call it a day too soon. They probably have at least 3-4 more excellent albums in them!

I've had a chance to spin this a few times now and think it's great. I'd put it right up there with their previous two releases. Only song I do not care for is "Metal Ass". Just a flat out awful song IMO.

So of the two bonus tracks on the UK and Japanese versions which one do you guys prefer?

Was bad enough back in tha day having to pay through the ass for the Japanese import to obtain the one or two bonus tracks they offered over the domestic release but with multiple bonus track versions...

Flogging a dead horse, I know.

So of the two bonus tracks on the UK and Japanese versions which one do you guys prefer?

Was bad enough back in tha day having to pay through the ass for the Japanese import to obtain the one or two bonus tracks they offered over the domestic release but with multiple bonus track versions...

Flogging a dead horse, I know.

I have not heard either one yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Best rock album of the year for me so far. I found the De La Cruz and Santa Cruz albums extremely disappointing, in that I find the songwriting pretty poor in both cases, so I'm pleased to be able to agree with the majority on one Hair Metal album this year. As others have said, 'Metal Ass' is pretty awful and I also find 'Bad Lovin' pretty poor, but the rest of it is excellent. Surprisingly, the ballads are my favourite tunes on the album; 'Edge Of Our Dreams' is great and 'Hot Rain' is fantastic. Huge thumbs up!

Hot rain is pretty dire imo - second worst song. I do really like the album tho.

:omg:

Listen to that lead guitar for the last couple of minutes, man ... jaw-droppingly good!

(Each to his own, of course. Just sayin' though. :tumbsup:)

Hot rain is pretty dire imo - second worst song. I do really like the album tho.

Listen to that lead guitar for the last couple of minutes, man ... jaw-droppingly good!

Yeah i love the guitar solo, but the chorus is weak....their pinnacle was 'Sex' imo......now thats a ballad.

Yeah i love the guitar solo, but the chorus is weak....their pinnacle was 'Sex' imo......now thats a ballad.

yeah sex is an amazing song, awesome solo

man I just don't get the what all the fuss is about not too sure bout reckless love got into them a little deeper when night on fire was released and I liked it. recently picked all the good songs (for me) and made one cd, was actually surprised at how many made it on the cd (17) I expected like..... 10 or 12 out of all 3 albums please don't hit me :D

the ones I chose are from the debut:

feel my heat, badass, love machine, romance, sex, wild touch

animal attraction:

born to break your heart, dirty dreams, dance, switchblade babe, coconuts, fantasy

and from spirit:

night on fire, bad lovin, edge of our dreams, dying to live, die hard