Reckless Love - Spirit

Deuce

• My Little Pony

So, apparently you can stream the entire album from this link. It only works in Finland, but maybe you can run it through that proxy Deuce posted. I don't know. I haven't tried, yet. I've also been told there is an app you can use through Google Chrome for getting through these regional locks. Anyway, let me know what you think, Stefan, and anyone else that figures it out.

http://ylex.yle.fi/uutiset/popuutiset/kuuntele-reckless-loven-spirit-albumi-ennakkoon

cool review:

Bombastic Finnish rockers RECKLESS LOVE who burst spectacularly onto the European scene in 2010, will have their third full-length studio album "Spirit" released on September 2nd. "Spirit", much like the band's previous releases, has a strong influence from the 'big hair' hits of the '80s, and tries indeed, to capture the spirit of that golden era.

Anyone can get the eighties look down if they try hard enough, but not many can write and play fine songs in this hard rock, melodic style. Reckless Love have nailed it for the most part in "Spirit". Opening with lead single "Night On Fire" is a statement of intent. Blending some hypnotic, voodoo drums and turning some almost tribal chants into archetypal eighties 'whoa, whoa' is just going to grab you. Sounding so catchy that this track should be heard on every radio in the world during the Summer. "Bad Lovin´" follows with more of those hit making tricks from the time when rock ruled the airwaves ('na, na, na' this time) and, yep, you've guessed it, it's all about sex, in the Motley Crue circa '88 style.

Track three sees Olli Herman make the claim "I Love Heavy Metal". Here Reckless Love turf out a Tuff sounding classic for an all new generation of Finnish Hairband fans while name checking some classic acts along the way. It's a cool melodic hard rocker recalling Warrant in its prime, with a very nice melody and one of my favorites on the disc. "Favorite Flavor" follows the theme – upbeat, joyous and with a pop-metal chorus as signature. The midtempo "Edge Of Our Dreams" adds some modernity to the album, but I prefer when Reckless Love push the pedal with sharp riffs, and this is not the case here. For example, next track "Sex, Drugs & Reckless Love" is a marching rocker driven by bouncy rhythms and harmonies, a simple song, but this is what you want to hear from this band, and they do it truly well.

"Dying To Live" is a clean (guitars and rhythm section) rock song, again a bit modern, yet really effective. On "Metal Ass" they go for a fast, anthemic metallic tune which I like a lot, then "Runaway Love" is a fine melodic rocker with a contagious chorus. "So Happy I Could Die" is another fav of mine, one of these type of songs build for the arenas. Huge guitars, massive backing vocals and that 'spirit' which Reckless Love is searching for. The album ends (the UK version will include an extra track) with the only proper ballad; "Hot Rain", a tale of heartbreak & loss well constructed, arranged and orchestrated faithful to the eighties power ballad mould.

As said, Reckless Love succeed for the most part to recapture the '80's "Spirit" here, with some really catchy tunes, the right attitude and excellent production for this genre. I am not completely convinced when they go for modernity on a couple of tracks, but overall this is a solid, fun and enjoyable recording that finally should establish Reckless Love as a worldwide entertainment.

Very Recommended.

01. Night On Fire
02. Bad Lovin'
03. I Love Heavy Metal
04. Favorite Flavor
05. Edge Of Our Dreams
06. Sex, Drugs & Reckless Love
07. Dying To Live
08. Metal Ass
09. Runaway Love
10. So Happy I Could Die
11. Hot Rain

Olli Herman - Vocals
Pepe - Guitar
Jalle Verne - Bass
Hessu Maxx - Drums

• My Little Pony

I'm sure I'm not the only one that was tired of Stefan's smug ass. You're welcome, ladies. What would you do without me?

"Runaway Love" is my favourite, at the moment.

What? Don't you like my ass? :unsure:

Wait a minute, that didn't come out right...

What we would do without you?

Enjoy life.

:whistle:

Yep sounds like Reckless Love, mostly solid tunes and some really chessy lyrics, too bad this one didn't come out in June and I could have had some great summer tunes.

From one spin my favs are the more Melodic Rock ones like Edge Of The Night and Runaway Love. Love the tempo of Favorite Flavor.

Now it's gonna be complicated making a Reckless Love cd for the car, 3 solid releases and only 80 minutes...ouch!

• My Little Pony

Yep sounds like Reckless Love, mostly solid tunes and some really chessy lyrics, too bad this one didn't come out in June and I could have had some great summer tunes.

From one spin my favs are the more Melodic Rock ones like Edge Of The Night and Runaway Love. Love the tempo of Favorite Flavor.

Now it's gonna be complicated making a Reckless Love cd for the car, 3 solid releases and only 80 minutes...ouch!

You gotta get with the times, mate. There are these things called mp3's, Dave. ;}

• My Little Pony

I'm sure I'm not the only one that was tired of Stefan's smug ass. You're welcome, ladies. What would you do without me?

"Runaway Love" is my favourite, at the moment.

What? Don't you like my ass? :unsure:

Wait a minute, that didn't come out right...

What we would do without you?

Enjoy life.

:whistle:

I meant, apart from that.

You gotta get with the times, mate. There are these things called mp3's, Dave. ;}

MP3's ha! No fun in those, can't make the perfect mix when you can include all the songs. Not every song deserves to be played in the family vehicule.

The day the Canucks win the Cup is the day I'll get with the times....and most likely soil myself at the same time.

MP3's ha! No fun in those, can't make the perfect mix when you can include all the songs. Not every song deserves to be played in the family vehicule.

The day the Canucks win the Cup is the day I'll get with the times....and most likely soil myself at the same time.

You'll be waiting A LONG time then lol

I'm through the first three tracks and as with their previous releases I am loving this! Anyone getting a Firehouse vibe?

• My Little Pony

Heh, yessir. Not even a Canucks fan expects the Canucks to ever win. ;}

And you can still make great mixes with mp3 files. It just takes longer.

I live in MA.(about an hour or so outside Boston ,and a BIG Bruins fan) so I had to make that comment. All in good fun of course.

• My Little Pony

I live in MA.(about an hour or so outside Boston ,and a BIG Bruins fan) so I had to make that comment. All in good fun of course.

Oh, I don't give a shit. I stopped caring about hockey long time ago.

Anyway, I take it those links are working for people? Awesome.

Puck Hockey!!! :butt:

Best sport there is!!!

Puck Hockey!!! :butt:

Best sport there is!!!

Nada. I like hockey but NFL football is my world!! Ravens 2000 + 2012 World Champions!!!!!

I am a Capitals fan by the way. The best choke team in the NHL. HaHa

Getting this thread back on track, I have listened through a few times and a lot of quality tunes per usual from Reckless Love. I am not ready to place it at or above Animal Attraction. Maybe with time. That said it does have probably a top 5 RL tune for me with Night On Fire. Edge of Our Dreams, Dyin' To Live, Run Away Love are other standout tracks for me. Not a bad song on here really.

A few things I noticed, neither good, nor bad....

I Love Heavy Metal - none of those bands are heavy metal, it is nit-picky I know and, I like the song, but that thought pops into my head every time

I Love Heavy Metal - does Olli's accent show when he says "Bon Joveeee"? or is it just me?

Bad Lovin' - never thought a band could use "gay, straight or bi" in lyrics and have it be a good song

After hearing the tunes I really like the album cover. I mention this because it was briefly discussed here at HH. I liked it initially, like it even more now...the tunes seems to fit.

Now the question is where to buy it from. Which will probably depend on the bonus tracks.

Bad Lovin' - never thought a band could use "gay, straight or bi" in lyrics and have it be a good song

I thought the same thing. That line is pretty silly, and you get it three times, but that might be my favorite song from the album.

I thought the same thing. That line is pretty silly, and you get it three times, but that might be my favorite song from the album.

Night Is On Fire,Bad Lovin', Sex Drugs & Reckless Love,Runaway Love,So Happy I could Die and I Love Heavy Metal are my picks.

The ''gay'' and ''bi'' stuff in Bad Lovin' surprised me at first but, I mean their bassist is a lesbian after all so... makes sense I guess

Like the disc especially Bad Lovin like everybody mentioned (GREAT chorus!) but also a few so-so moments as of right now: Favourite Flavor does pick up during the chorus but don't particularly like the verses, Sex / Drugs, Metal Ass and So Happy I Could Die didn't knock me out either.

Oh yeah and I love heavy metal is kind of silly but musically it's ok I think guitar wise etc. Bottom line though good disc which will definitely get more spins over the next couple days / weeks especially in the car. we'll see how it goes