Sammy Hagar to reunite with Neal Schon to form a new HSAS

edwithmj

RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS drummer Chad Smith and former VAN HALEN bassist Michael Anthony are in the studio with ex-VAN HALEN singer Sammy Hagar, where the Red Rocker is working on a new album. The three musicianslb_icon1.png, of course, comprise three-fourths of the lineup of CHICKENFOOT, although they are apparently not making a new CHICKENFOOT recordicon1.png at the moment. Joining them on guitar is Neal Schon of JOURNEY, who also played with Hagar in the early Eighties actlb_icon1.png HSAS.

Photosicon1.png from the studio can be found at this location.

Hagar told The Pulse Of Radio a while back why he liked playing with Smith. "Chad just brings a certain amount of intensity with the way he plays that I've just never been in a band with a drummer like that before," he said. "He's like Keith Moon with John Bonham's foot, you know, or something. I don't know what to call him. He's Chad Smith."

In a clip posted online (see below), Hagar calls the current group of musicians a "new and improved" version of HSAS.

The initials of the four musicians' last names also happen to spell out HSAS. The originallb_icon1.png lineup of that act, which issued one live album in 1984, featured Hagar, Schon, Kenny Aaronson on bass and Michael Shrieve on drums.

CHICKENFOOT, which also includes guitarist Joe Satriani, has released two albums, 2009's self-titled debut and 2011's "Chickenfoot III". Drummer Kenny Aronoff replaced Smith for touring purposes in 2011 when Smith had to return to duty with the RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS.

http://blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=190091

Surely Chickenfoot could just become HSAS and be done with it? :)

Yawn. Who the fuck cares. Sammy Hagar sucks. :anon:

I don't like his last few albums but he is far from sucking. I love all of his studio albums through Marching to Mars, all VH albums and Montrose.

Yawn. Who the fuck cares. Sammy Hagar sucks. :anon:

I don't like his last few albums but he is far from sucking. I love all of his studio albums through Marching to Mars, all VH albums and Montrose.

Agreed. Sammy freakin ROCKS!!!