New Loveblast EP available now

Deuce

Got this in the mail over the weekend. The first 4 songs are really good, the 5th song is a little too sappy/pop rock sounding so I don't like it. So overall, good stuff, looking forward to the full release!

Got this in the mail over the weekend. The first 4 songs are really good, the 5th song is a little too sappy/pop rock sounding so I don't like it. So overall, good stuff, looking forward to the full release!

I like that there's a good mix of songs on it. "Wild Forever" is the straightforward rocker type, "In Your Arms Tonight" is more of a tasty, melodic kind of thing, "Rain On Me" is like a heavy, modern sleaze, "Hard Liquor In Big Glasses" is also sort of heavy and modern with a darker feeling, and "When We Were Young" sounds to me like hair metal and pop punk colliding. It's different from the rest, but I personally really like it. It's like an updated "Crazy Nites" by Danger Danger.

• 1 month later...

After the mighty debut, LOVEBLAST reached a more mature phase with this new EP. Songwriting grows bigger and the evolution of their sound is quite obvious with many influences adapted from the modern hard rock territory to the 80s hard rock style. Unlike the debut that's lush of melodic rock hooks that shows their 'teenage' side, here you'll find songs like 'Wild Forever' wrapped with heavy-and-furious riffs or the title track which sounds very anthemic and probably will bang the arena floors hard.

Although I still think they can't abandon the fun part of bringing in 'teeny' stuff like 'When We Were Young' that reminds me of couple pop/punk hits from younger modern bands. If they manage to create a good combination of heavy metal, ballads, and catchy pop-rock setlist, I bet the full-studio album will have the strength to top their debut.

Hats off also to the production which deserve a five-stars rating, and a strong rhythm section helps propelled this album even higher. Despite my fondness of the debut and thought that it's still a better album, 'Hard Liquor In Big Glasses' can be a proof that LOVEBLAST is heading in the right direction and let's just hope the next album will be a winner.

77%

• 2 weeks later...

Another big fan here. Love their new sound and ballsier style. The title track is a killer and my fave of the lot, but I like the closer too. I like the whole thing, though. The biggest shame here is that it's only an EP.

• 6 months later...