Neville McDonald quits Skin

I didn't realise they were still going, either ... a pity, they did some fantastic songs (although I do prefer his previous band, Kooga) ...

They pretty much just tour these days. The tour was to have been there 20th anniversary one, but thats all in the shitter now.

I saw them support Little Angels back in December, so at least I finally got a chance to see them as a full band (saw Nev and Myke play a free acoustic set a few years ago).

Maybe he's going back to teaching? It's my understanding that's what he did after the band originally broke up . . .

He needs a musical outlet with better material -- shame to let that voice go to waste. Despite quite a few songs I really liked, Skin to me never lived up to their potential -- they needed better (and more consistent) writing.

Skin had a fantastic debut, then gave in to modern trends and lost fans almost immediately.

I dont mind some of their other stuff, but nothing even came close to the debut.

Skin had a fantastic debut, then gave in to modern trends and lost fans almost immediately.

I dont mind some of their other stuff, but nothing even came close to the debut.

Agreed ...

Maybe he just got tired of having to sing "Take Me Down To The River" for the 10-billionth time. ;) I read somewhere a few years back where he said he hated performing that song, and it's one that the fans always wanted to hear . . .