Law & Order Interest

Leykis101

Fav Detective Duo from Law & Order  

4 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Watching the SVU marathon for memorial day, got me thinking, what a dark and awesome show the original L&O was the 1st 2 years it was on, I mean those 2 seasons episodes were nothing like what redundant garbage it would later evolve into, and it seems like outside of SVU, it had a habit of doing that, each installment was introduced and had something semi cool to it, outside of Los Angeles of course, and they have always been able to nail down the right actors for the parts, keeping them around was a different story, but I took it upon myself to list all the credible line ups of detectives, and wanted to see what some of you guys thought, I was truly at a loss, because I think the 1st 2 seasons were equally as good, only I think I like Paul Sorvino a little more then George Dzunga, but if you are a fan, or even just someone whos watched it alot over the years, tell me who your favorite combo was, I didnt list any of the later combos as they obviously weren't good, and generally were the combos on when the show was cancelled i.e. Jeff Goldblum Anthony Anderson, Jeremy Sisto etc, so make your fav be known, I dont know how popular it is over on the other side of the pond, but I even included L&O UK.

Jeff goldblum flushed CI down the toilet... i kept hoping a velociraptor would come out and eat him.

of course Dr huang from SVU worked the in the JP egg-hatching lab, so he could've helped set that plan into motion.

Jeff goldblum flushed CI down the toilet... i kept hoping a velociraptor would come out and eat him.

of course Dr huang from SVU worked the in the JP egg-hatching lab, so he could've helped set that plan into motion.

LOL, yeah and how they had Logan and Wheeler on different episodes, I found out, it's supposed to be in the same world, but just different partners, the problem here is they never overlap, or play into each other, Goren and Eames are never in the office when Logan and Wheeler are, so you never know it has anything to do with each other, I also thought CI went down the tubes when Courtney Vance and the 1st Captain left the show, that last dude that they got with the black curley hair, he's a fucking jabroni!

the last few seasons with goren were great, as you really got to see his emotional side along with his work.

especially the one where elisibeth hitchens and goren's brother get killed

the last few seasons with goren were great, as you really got to see his emotional side along with his work.

especially the one where elisibeth hitchens and goren's brother get killed

Yeah, Vincent DiOnofrio is probably one of the 5 most underrated and under utilized talents in Hollywood, I met him at a Meth Awareness rally I was covering here in St.George Utah in 2009, I was a fan of his before that, but I am a HUGE fan now, talk about a down to earth mother fucker, I guess he has had members of his family completely wiped out by meth, so he was extremely passionate about it, and a great fucking dude to boot, he took time to meet and sign autographs for anyone who asked, I never saw him blow not one person off, and of all the people Ive met and interviewed, and been around, your not going to hear me say that about maybe 3 or 4 people, he is definitely a class act, and a fucking awesome actor, I mean come on, who could of done the roll in Full Metal Jacket any better then he did it??? Nobody.

What about Briscoe and Greene? I liked them.

Thats Briscoe & Martin, meant to be Green, played by Jesse Martin, that explains that,

Not to get off point but I was scanning ebay the other day and see they released all 20 Seasons on 104 Disc Set. This will cost you upwards of 200+

Jesus fucking christ!!! I mean it was a great show for the 1st couple of seasons, but quickly became by the numbers, then evolving into just plain shit, you only need to watch TNT to see all the episodes, I couldnt fucking keep my sanity watching the entire 20 years, you ever want to torture me, lock me in a room and make me watch the final 5 seasons of this show, i'll tell you anything you want to know to get out of it, i'll be fucking screaming for the water board to come out, holy christ, thats fucking mind boggling, just to think they would release it, tell me was it an official release? or somebody bought all the seasons and burned them into all 20 seasons?

Stabler & Benson

Why did Chris Meloni have to go??? :cussing:

I totally agree, I imagine he had to go for the same reason anybody who has been on any of the L&O's has had to go, I liken it to SNL, very few people it seems have the desire to hang around when shows drag on as long as the L&O series does, the reported reason was they werent budging on the offer they gave him to come back, he wanted more money, they wouldnt give it to him, I think that particular L&O series is kind of like NCIS, in that it utilizes a cast of people with a perfect chemistry, but is also very much writer driven, meaning they always come with pretty original and good ideas and plots for shows, this is what ive always found to be the most entertaining tv, any shift to either side and it goes to hell, examples are the tv show Cold Case, which I believe was an incredible and original idea, and they had some very good writers, but talk about one of the weakest casts of any show I can think of, where you can tip to the other side just as easy, as is kind of what happened in the Law & Order backdoor series Homicide:Life On The Streets, spectacular cast, very very week and unoriginal writing, fact is, Chris Meloni is a proven commodity to whatever he stars in, house hold name or not, it was speculated that between him and Dean Winters(the allstate troublemaker guy)the prison series OZ saw it's numbers nearly triple when Meloni and Winters characters were pushed to the main plot, for years SVU has sat in the 1,2, or 3 spot in the ratings, and Meloni was finally paid what he was worth, being the 2nd highest paid tv actor of all time(2nd only to guy that played House)I guess they figure it wasnt worth keeping him in that kind of money, as Mariska Hargitay was the 3rd highest paid actor, I dont know what they were thinking bringing Danny Pino in as the lead though, Fucking christ I could think of about anybody else that could have been given that role and done more with it, how about dip shit from Bones, he wouldnt be bad in it, even Dean Winters I think could carry the lead well enough to be given that role, anyways, in reality, it's just a fucking tv show, how about giving Ice-T the lead role, I think he's earned it, and I would absolutely watch it if he was the male lead, just happy they brought that hot piece of ass Kelly Giddish in so Belzer(Munch) could take some time off, I would bang her so hard she'd forget her name.