Geoff Tate reacts to harsh comments about "Frequency Unknown"

AlphaMale

Pretty funny stuff.

http://loudwire.com/...unknown-hatred/

Queensryche Frontman Geoff Tate Reacts to ‘Frequency Unknown’ Hatred

by Chad Childers May 11, 2013 12:34 PM

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Geoff-Tate.jpgYouTube

Queensryche‘s Geoff Tate asked for harsh critiques of his new album and he got plenty of response. Tate recently launched a contest asking for people who hated the ‘Frequency Unknown’ album to videotape a rant of how much disdain they had for the disc and he would film himself reacting to their rants and post it online for the world to see.

With the responses rolling in, the vocalist braced himself for slings such as, “This is an album so bad that Jesus himself wept,” “[This disc is] the biggest s— sundae the rock and metal industry has ever seen” and “Like I wanna hear you sing like you’ve got your nuts in a vice?”

Tate rolls with the punches though, raising an intimidating eyebrow to some of the responses and laughing along to others. The nearly four-minute clip focuses primarily on a handful of ranters, but the hate parade may not be over for Tate as the clip concludes with the message, “To be continued.”

The frontman asked for the vitriol, challenging haters to step out from behind their keyboards and put a face to their opinion. There was some incentive though, as Tate offered an all-expenses paid trip to Seattle to see Queensryche perform on June 29, along with assorted VIP add-ons like meet-and-greet opportunities, special seating and a merchandise package.

Watch the video below. The Geoff Tate-led version of Queensryche’s ‘Frequency Unknown’ disc is currently in stores and can be purchased here.

The video:

http://youtu.be/De--NWAGmkA

To be fair, even if you hate him and the album, its actually quite a cool thing that he is doing, especially if he takes any notice of any of it.

Some of those people in the videos though ... I think they make Jesus weep as well.

Thats me in the video grabbing my balls and chugging a beer. Geoff Tate is a douchebag. He cant sing worth a fuck these days, and his new "Queensryche" album sucks....the guy who told a Rocklahoma crowd they suck, spits on his drummer, and now theres footageof him grabbing a fans smart phone and throwing it into the audience.

Geoff and his crappy record label ASKED for this. He isnt the only one getting exposure, My radio show has gained several 100 new listeners over this fiasco.

Thats me in the video grabbing my balls and chugging a beer. Geoff Tate is a douchebag. He cant sing worth a fuck these days, and his new "Queensryche" album sucks....the guy who told a Rocklahoma crowd they suck, spits on his drummer, and now theres footageof him grabbing a fans smart phone and throwing it into the audience.

Geoff and his crappy record label ASKED for this. He isnt the only one getting exposure, My radio show has gained several 100 new listeners over this fiasco.

Awesome. Great rant.

The dude is completely f*ckin insane.

...but you gotta admit, it's a unique way to deal with online haters.

That may be the dumbest thing I have seen. No doubt he had various people do the videos. That was evident even if you didn't see them reading everything word for word.

What a fuckin mess...

Pretty embarrassing stuff. And for the record, the record is really f*cking terrible.

Pretty embarrassing stuff. And for the record, the record is really f*cking terrible.

So fucking tell him Geoff, wtf, im ready to brainstorm for a couple days and have a few buddy's that used to write for a local morning show help me out, and make a video of my own, even though, I have not heard it, nor do I plan on listening to it, fuck think about it, you get those BSP's and V.I.P. amenity's, turn around and throw them fuckers on Ebay, or you can actually go, even though I honestly believe the mad geniuse behind this is he's pulling a huge PR scheme and when you get there your going to find out you just won what is really backstage passes to get your ass kicked, ha ha, a huge promotion to walk right into a brawl, cause if somebody (at least I speak for myself)hate an album so fucking bad, that I would go out of my way to make a video for the singer of the album of me ranting why I hate the album, the last thing I want, or want to do, is get tickets to go watch that album I fucking loathe being performed live! and meet the singer I just dumped and shit on about the album, it's really not even a catch 22, it's more of a great big joke to Tate and his boys, who are if not going to get you into a locked room and put boots to you, are certainly going to go to extensive lengths to humiliate and disrespect you, what else would they be doing, he knows you hate his album, and I think he's just going to the ends of the earth to promote his album, and teach a lesson to anyone who doesnt take his side, thats what Id do anyways.

Well count 1 more new listener, can you plug your radio show or something? does your station stream on line? most do now, but at least IM me the streamlink, I will even set my ReplayRadio to record it for me, so I dont miss it, if you cant openly post your station id because of your legal dept telling you its off limits, I completely understand that to, I still wont post my former employer and I got canned over a month ago, LOL, you can however direct us to the general area and feed us hints from there, seriously, I will listen and participate, anyone on here who has something they need or want support for from there metal brethren need to speak up, i am all about supporting your endeavors, just gotta say something.

Well count 1 more new listener, can you plug your radio show or something? does your station stream on line? most do now, but at least IM me the streamlink, I will even set my ReplayRadio to record it for me, so I dont miss it, if you cant openly post your station id because of your legal dept telling you its off limits, I completely understand that to, I still wont post my former employer and I got canned over a month ago, LOL, you can however direct us to the general area and feed us hints from there, seriously, I will listen and participate, anyone on here who has something they need or want support for from there metal brethren need to speak up, i am all about supporting your endeavors, just gotta say something.

http://themetalmadman.com/

And for the record, the record is really f*cking terrible.

It is quite the train wreck, isn't it?

I bought the CD last week just for the sheer "what the f*ck" of it, there are exactly two songs on it that are halfway decent ("Cold" and "Slave") ... the rest is a mix of "Meh" and "Zzzzzzz."

I figure, if and when Tate loses the rights to the Queensryche name in court later this year, the CD will have to be recalled and/or reprinted with a new band name, so it will be a collector's item. :D

And for the record, the record is really f*cking terrible.

It is quite the train wreck, isn't it?

I bought the CD last week just for the sheer "what the f*ck" of it, there are exactly two songs on it that are halfway decent ("Cold" and "Slave") ... the rest is a mix of "Meh" and "Zzzzzzz."

I figure, if and when Tate loses the rights to the Queensryche name in court later this year, the CD will have to be recalled and/or reprinted with a new band name, so it will be a collector's item. :D

And if it don't happen, at least you have a nice coaster. :)

Awesome, I got it, I will check it out, I thought it was a radio feed, if I really like it, I will turn a couple of my buddys on to it, is this your show AlphaMale?

Awesome, I got it, I will check it out, I thought it was a radio feed, if I really like it, I will turn a couple of my buddys on to it, is this your show AlphaMale?

No that's the madman's website. He is DrumRman on here. It's his show.