Best of 2013 thus far?

About as un-modern as 'Hysteria.' They're a melodic rock band which borrow a lot from bands like Def Leppard. Nothing even remotely modern about them. ;)

Sounds interesting, will check out asap

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty weak year so far.

Testament 's new one makes my Top 10.

Agree with the first line. I can only list 3 albums I genuinely like, although have a few to listen to, including Crashdiet and In Vain. Testament album was last year ... although they appear to have done a CD single with 2 cover versions this year. Did you mean that?

My top three:

1. Vega - What The Hell!

2. Suicidal Tendencies - 13

3. Pretty Maids - Motherland

I guess my top 10 would look something like this, although to be honest Ive hardly listened to an album in the last month, and Ive yet to hear the likes of Poodles, Skillet, Bai Bang, Summers which arguably could feature.

1. Pretty Maids - Motherland

2. WET - Rise Up

3. Heavens Basement - Filthy Empire

4. Vega - What The Hell

5. Hardcore Superstar - C'Mon

6. De La Cruz - Street Level

7. Santa Cruz - Screamin

8. Crashdiet - Savage Playground

9. Tainted Nation - F.E.A.R.

10. The Wild Lies - EP

Still think all the best albums are yet to come in 2013 - thinking Night Ranger, Brother Firetribe, Work Of Art, Edens Curse, Degreed, Steel Panther, HEAT.

• My Little Pony

Oh, and the re-record of Mood Swings (of course!!!)

Does that count? If so, then it immediately takes number one, and won't be moved.

Does that count? If so, then it immediately takes number one, and won't be moved.

True! It was my favourite release of 1993, I'm sure 20 years later it could be the best of 2013.

I still wish they would re-record the debut, it needs some modern production that would give it more meat on the bones. The debut is by far my favourite HS release.

• My Little Pony

True! It was my favourite release of 1993, I'm sure 20 years later it could be the best of 2013.

I still wish they would re-record the debut, it needs some modern production that would give it more meat on the bones. The debut is by far my favourite HS release.

They're kinda on even terms with me.

Have they given a proper reason for re-recording? To regain ownership? It's not like they had any hit singles, that are still getting any airplay. Nor does their music appear in movies, TV programming, or commercials.

Have they given a proper reason for re-recording? To regain ownership? It's not like they had any hit singles, that are still getting any airplay. Nor does their music appear in movies, TV programming, or commercials.

yeah its to regain ownership from Warner.

3 new songs though which will be nice :-))

• My Little Pony

How does that work? Anybody know exactly?

They've also dropped one of the tracks from the original,dont know which track though :(

Wouldn't have thought it would count, as a re-release ... but agree it's an awesome album.

• My Little Pony

Wouldn't have thought it would count, as a re-release ... but agree it's an awesome album.

Not a re-release, but a re-record.

Any truth to the rumor that the rerecordings were all done reggae? :lol:

• My Little Pony

I would still buy it. Damn, now I'm curious if they could pull it off.

Stranger things have happened ... haven't they?

:unsure:

1. Santa Cruz - Screaming For Adrenaline

2. W.E.T. - Rise Up

3. De La Cruz - Street Level

4. Black Star Riders - All Hell Breaks Loose

5. Masterplan - Novum Initium

6. Nasty Bulletz - Right Time To Rock You

7. Airbourne - Black Dog Barking

8. Vega - What The Hell

9. Voodoo Six - Songs To Invade Countries To

10. Burning Rain - Epic Obsession

• My Little Pony

2013 has blown donkeys...does anyone know if the new Ratt is dropping this year ??

Great year for Hip Hop. Not that anyone around here cares...

2013 has blown donkeys...does anyone know if the new Ratt is dropping this year ??

Great year for Hip Hop. Not that anyone around here cares...

I'd agree that there's been a lot of WEAK releases so far this year, but I must admit that I LOVE every album in my top 10.

2013 has all the earmarks of being a comparatively weak year, but there are some standouts.

One that has had very little fanfare, and not the greatest production in the world, but has me toe-tapping and replaying from a vintage perspective is Lawless - Rock Savage (members of Demon and Persian Risk). Comes out on Escape Music this month.

I'll try to get samples up this weekend.

2013 has all the earmarks of being a comparatively weak year, but there are some standouts.

One that has had very little fanfare, and not the greatest production in the world, but has me toe-tapping and replaying from a vintage perspective is Lawless - Rock Savage (members of Demon and Persian Risk). Comes out on Escape Music this month.

I'll try to get samples up this weekend.

Im pretty confident that by year end I'll have a very strong top 20.

I mean all the best stuff is still to come