Santa Cruz - Screaming For Adrenaline

Stefan

Like I said in the other thread, pencil me in as another huge fan. It also won't be my album of the year, but they gave it a damn good go. Really consistent CD and a killer vibe/sound. And I don't get to say this much anymore, but I do love those solos. A very spirited hard rock band - love hearing stuff like this.

Like I said in the other thread, pencil me in as another huge fan. It also won't be my album of the year, but they gave it a damn good go. Really consistent CD and a killer vibe/sound. And I don't get to say this much anymore, but I do love those solos. A very spirited hard rock band - love hearing stuff like this.

Agree 100%

• 2 weeks later...

Quite a few 'alright' songs on this one, but only 2 that I genuinely like, i.e. 'High On You' and 'Aiming High'. One of those albums that sounded really good initially, as the band makes a nice sound, but the songs just aren't that great imo. Around 6/10 for me.

Quite a few 'alright' songs on this one, but only 2 that I genuinely like, i.e. 'High On You' and 'Aiming High'. One of those albums that sounded really good initially, as the band makes a nice sound, but the songs just aren't that great imo. Around 6/10 for me.

:o

:o

Yeah, I wish I liked it as much as everyone else. Gave it 5 or 6 plays and just found it really average. Great sound, but the tunes are nothing special imo. th_shrug-1.gif

So what's the verdict:

De La Cruz "Street Level"

vs.

Santa Cruz "Screaming For Adrenaline"

I like both, De La Cruz is more poppy like Def Leppard/Bon Jovi while Santa Cruz is hard rock like L.A. Guns/Roxy Blue

So what's the verdict:

vs.

Both disappointing, but for the quality of the songs, De La Cruz is by far the better of the two, imo.

So what's the verdict:

vs.

Both disappointing, but for the quality of the songs, De La Cruz is by far the better of the two, imo.

Both disappointing? That's disappointing to hear. :( I think they are both great, both are fun albums. Santa Cruz is easily the better of the two though IMO.

So what's the verdict:

vs.

Both disappointing? That's disappointing to hear. :( I think they are both great, both are fun albums. Santa Cruz is easily the better of the two though IMO.

Hey, I know others don't see it my way, which is cool. I love the sound both bands make and no doubt I'd enjoy seeing them live, I just don't think the tunes are very good. Great sound, poor songwriting in my opinion, but I'm in a very tiny minority (of about one) who feels that way. :whistle:

So what's the verdict:

vs.

I like both as well & it's pretty close for me.

So what's the verdict:

vs.

:tumbsup:

• 2 months later...

I know the main reason most people are comparing the two bands is because they are both Cruz bands, but to be honest the comparisons are minimal to me.

Yeah, both are 80s inspired hard rock/metal, but sonically they are different beasts.

For me De La Cruz was weak as hell. Great music let down by poor lyrics and wasnt overly stunned by the vocalist either.

With Santa Cruz, they sound much better, have better vocals and better lyrics. That said, after being blown away by the song Aimin' High, nothing else was as exciting for me.

I do feel its a grower, and will certainly get played more than De La Cruz, but I cant see it being played as much as lot of other recentish albums.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, the more I listen to this, the better it gets.

In fact was lucky enough to find a Finnish website selling Anthems for the young n restless, ordered a copy for about £10 (which included postage). Turned up two days after ordering it, and its now not even on the website, so looks like I got lucky on that.

I am a bit gutted that I got into these guys when I did, as I just missed out on them touring here. Now gonna have to wait.

Ideally it would be great if Reckless Love brings them over as a support band next month, but no way is that gonna happen.