Your WORST Concert/Most Disappointing Live Band

Gibbo

I feel a bit bad to say this, and maybe it was my fault that I was disappointed, because my expectations were all wrong, but Gary Moore at Sweden Rock Festival in the early 2000's was boring. It was after he went back to the blues but I went to the gig hoping to hear the hard rock classics. It was all blues though so I left 2/3 in to the gig. 

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't been to a whole lot of concerts.

If I had to pick out the worst, I'd probably say Damn Yankees just because it was so loud.

Jackyl was on first and sounded good.

Not sure why you want to turn it up that loud.

We left early and our ears were still ringing for like a day or two after.

Yea shooting a flaming arrow across the stage was cool but still.

• 11 months later...
On 7/7/2015 at 3:46 PM, Axelinger said:

Saw Cinderella open for Judas Priest in Toronto on the Ram It Down tour. So boring, I actually went to sleep partway through their set. I recall Tom Keifer trotted out a different guitar for what seemed like every song, but it didn't seem like it was to enhance the music, or change the tone. It was more like he was doing this to suggest something along the lines of, WOW, kids! Look at THIS one!

Was that the tour Slayer opened as well? Cinderella such a misfit for Priest, Kinda like when Vinnie Vincent Invasion opened for Iron Maiden

• 2 months later...
  • My Little Pony

Shinedown back in October. 

Maybe it was due to it being the second last show of the tour, but he wasn't hitting any of the high notes. The drummer was competent enough, the guitarist didn't have any incredible solos or riffs. And the backing vocals were pretty cringe-y. It took that concert for me to realise the lead singer was the whole reason I listen to Shinedown, and so when he isn't doing his part, you quickly see the rest of the band isn't all that spectacular. 

I'd probably say Motley Crue back in 2014 for this.  Vince was terrible and it really mostly just felt like they were going through the motions.  I think partly why it felt so bad to me was because I've seen this band a handful of times before that show including a few times in the 80's and they always really killed it.  I have great memories of Tommy doing crazy solos, great energy from all the guys and hot girls on stage :)  And the 2014 show was just very forgettable with my only real memory being of Vince constantly holding the mic to the crowd for them to sing for him lol.

Another Mötley Crüe shout from me. I saw them at Sweden Rock early 2000's too, and like 20 minutes of the show were wasted by Tommy Lee doing a tit cam, where he urged females in the audience to show their breasts so he could film them. Total shite. 

Saw Edgar Winter, Alice Cooper and Deep Purple a couple of years ago. Edward Winter was good, Alice Cooper was great. I love Deep Purple but a few lines into the opener Highway Star and Ian Gillan was struggling bad and coughing. This continued for several songs with him even leaving the stage for a while and the band having to improvise until he returned. After about five songs of that we left. A lot of others were doing that too. I think more people were there to see Alice Cooper. Maybe he had a cold or maybe it was just age and he can't do it anymore, but either way it was disappointing.