Your WORST Concert/Most Disappointing Live Band

Gibbo

By far it was L.A. Guns, Phil was so slammed he couldnt remember the lyrics, and he fell over 4 times, and ran into Traci and almost fell off the stage, not to mention, he was slurring the lyrics he did get right, and mumbled almost all the way through Crystal Eyes, it was fucking pathetic, I have had a hard time even taking them serious since that concert.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• My Little Pony

By far it was L.A. Guns, Phil was so slammed he couldnt remember the lyrics, and he fell over 4 times, and ran into Traci and almost fell off the stage, not to mention, he was slurring the lyrics he did get right, and mumbled almost all the way through Crystal Eyes, it was fucking pathetic, I have had a hard time even taking them serious since that concert.

That's just completely unprofessional. I was at a hip hop show. One of the openers was drunk, and a complete fool. The headliners, MOP, get up, sober and clean, and owned that crowd for the next hour and a half. They were pouring out whisky for the crowd, but weren't drinking, themselves. Too many artists don't have any class. We pay good money for a good performance. You can drink after the show, but you owe it to us to be sober and coherent before and during the act.

• 1 year later...

I must admit one of my most disappointing recent gigs was Vega

What you say??

Well they had 2 support bands - including Newman (pretty average on the night I have to say!)......and they both got their full quota.....but they somehow completely misjudged the curfew of the venue and only got to play 30 mins themselves.........I was gutted......and so were they.

30 excellent minutes, but man what a shambles.

Looking forward to seeing them at Rockingham tho........even tho there the set will only be 45mins as well...........

One of these day I'll see them play a decent 90 mins or so set.

• My Little Pony

I must admit one of my most disappointing recent gigs was Vega

What you say??

Well they had 2 support bands - including Newman (pretty average on the night I have to say!)......and they both got their full quota.....but they somehow completely misjudged the curfew of the venue and only got to play 30 mins themselves.........I was gutted......and so were they.

30 excellent minutes, but man what a shambles.

Looking forward to seeing them at Rockingham tho........even tho there the set will only be 45mins as well...........

One of these day I'll see them play a decent 90 mins or so set.

Haha! That's hilarious. They done fucked up.

Hardcore Superstar, around the time of their first album ... utter, dribbling shite ... they were so bad, it put me off them for life ...

Aussie band Dangerous!

Returned to oz after playing some big UK festival (maybe download)

Went on stage about 2 hours late

Played for just over 30 mins

We're utter shite

One band member jumped into crowd and had security throw some guy out of the venue when his drink spilt on him (as the fukwit jumped into he crowd)

Poor form.

Hardcore Superstar, around the time of their first album ... utter, dribbling shite ... they were so bad, it put me off them for life ...

Ive already advised you on this.

When I saw them - about 2 years ago - it was one of the best gigs I've seen in a small venue. They were awesome.

Of course now with their 'return' to the old sound they could well be 'dribbling shite' again lol.

Saw Cinderella open for Judas Priest in Toronto on the Ram It Down tour. So boring, I actually went to sleep partway through their set. I recall Tom Keifer trotted out a different guitar for what seemed like every song, but it didn't seem like it was to enhance the music, or change the tone. It was more like he was doing this to suggest something along the lines of, WOW, kids! Look at THIS one!

In recent times - Cheap Trick.

Saw them at "A Day On The Green" which is a stage at a winery but draws a pretty huge crowd.

Choirboys

The Angels

Cheap Trick

Billy Idol

I'll post a review one day, but Choirboys were good as usual, The Angels were amazing with Dave Gleeson fronting and Billy Idol was WAAAAAY better than I expected.

Cheap Trick though, were average.

Serious lack of energy and they played songs that were big in the US, but only a few of the songs that charted here.

So my expectations weren't met.

If they'd played The Flame, Don't Be Cruel or Can't Stop Fallin' Into Love they would have been better received by a crowd who really didn't seem to care much.

I wouldn't say disappointing, as I had no real expectations, but Gibbo insisted we saw Oranssi Pazuzu at the recent Incineration Festival. I wouldn't say 'Psychedelic Black Metal' was my usual cup of tea, but I'm fairly open-minded, so thought we'd give them a go. Sadly, my vocabulary isn't broad enough to fully explain just how awful they were. Very little music of any kind, it was like some surreal nightmare that, fortunately, only lasted about two-and-a-half songs, as we both need to get the f*** out of there.

I wouldn't say disappointing, as I had no real expectations, but Gibbo insisted we saw Oranssi Pazuzu at the recent Incineration Festival. I wouldn't say 'Psychedelic Black Metal' was my usual cup of tea, but I'm fairly open-minded, so thought we'd give them a go. Sadly, my vocabulary isn't broad enough to fully explain just how awful they were. Very little music of any kind, it was like some surreal nightmare that, fortunately, only lasted about two-and-a-half songs, as we both need to get the f*** out of there.

'Insisted' is a bit strong ;) They truly were shite, though ...

• 7 months later...

Remember these are just opinions of what I saw at the time - a lot of these bands I like (except Stereophonics and Bryan Adams...I like bits of Dream Theatre...oh and especially Guns and Roses who I couldn't give a piss about anymore) :D

Dave Lee Roth - I think it was the A Little Ain't Enough tour (Warrant were support )....jeez boring wasn't the word, staid cheesy performance that just didn't get going I left well before the end.

Rush R30 - Manchester Arena. After the first half me and my mate both thought "Can't handle another another hour - two hours of this" and we went for a beer, I was back in my local so early I was able to join the pub quiz!. Now I really like Rush but after that I have no desire whatsoever to go and see them again.

Stereophonics - Supporting Aerosmith at Wembley at the Toxic Twin Towers Ball....f*ckin awful possibly worst (biggish) band I've ever seen, well out of their depth with a stadium audience.

Dream Theater - One of the Manchester Academy gigs no idea what tour .....guitar solos, keyboard solos, drum solos for the sake of it...boring.

Bryan Adams - Ashton Metro (Cuts Like a Knife Tour 1983...Wendy and the Rocketts as support who were quite good) - cheeky happy chappie full of smiles jumping about but just didn't do it for me.

REO Speedwagon - Wheels are Turning tour Manchester Apollo, just dull....some cool solos but things weren't clicking.

Guns and Roses - Maine Road football ground...out and out head and shoulders ....in fact scratch the comment about Stereophonics being the worse band I've seen, this gig eclipsed it by a country mile. Original date cancelled and I booked a day off work for it ....band promise to make up for it with a special surprise/performance. I guess the special surprise was the band coming on about 2 hours late and playing a short curtailed set.They came on half arsed, sloppy, and with absolutely no energy or vibe. Oh Axl gave a few flowers to some people at the front maybe that was the special surprise. What a change from the Manchester Apollo in 1987 when Faster Pussycat and .... shee-it can't remember the other band supported them, when they were great (but even then I preferred Pussycat that evening). But at least GnR kicked arse that night.

• 2 months later...

REO Speedwagon - Wheels are Turning tour Manchester Apollo, just dull....some cool solos but things weren't clicking.

eek, was that 1985??!

I went to that tour at Hammy Odeon.

It was awesome.

imho of course.

Aussie band Dangerous!

We're utter shite

One band member jumped into crowd and had security throw some guy out of the venue when his drink spilt on him (as the fukwit jumped into he crowd)

Poor form.

Dangerous or Dangerous Curves?

• 3 months later...
  • My Little Pony

I think I'm experiencing my worst show right now. I'm in Mexico, Playa del Carmen, and this resort has themed shows every night. Tonight is "On the Rock." It's essentially one big medley. Guys, it's so bad it's hilarious! The guitarist is butchering every solo. And these singers can't even hold a candle to the likes of Steve Perry, Freddy Mercury, Joey Tempest etc. So funny.

As mentioned in another thread, Tesla didn't light a fire under me.

Once I saw The Angels at a pub, a few years before Doc passed. They were boring as hell, didn't talk to the audience, and just went through the motions.

Motley on the tour where they had the industrial set up with saws and shit. Found out how bad Vince now was at singing.

Meat Loaf maybe 12 years ago. Hadn't seen him before and he changed all his songs so the crowd felt like idiots singing along way out of place with him - that kinda sucked

GNR toured once years ago in a mudpit outdoor concert.

Didn't go, and soon after saw the Use Your Illusion Live DVD's and all I remember was that they were very average on video, so god knows what they were like at a standard non recorded show.

For that reason, I doubt I';; catch this new tour next year.

Didn't go, and soon after saw the Use Your Illusion Live DVD's and all I remember was that they were very average on video, so god knows what they were like at a standard non recorded show.

Was that the Calder Park gig? cause I was there. I really enjoy the two Aussie's bands who supported them, they were Horsehead and Rose Tattoo.

Aussie band Dangerous!

We're utter shite

Poor form.

Dangerous or Dangerous Curves?

Dangerous

actually saw dangerous curves last week and they were ok.

Was that the Calder Park gig? cause I was there. I really enjoy the two Aussie's bands who supported them, they were Horsehead and Rose Tattoo.

Yeah.

Not sure why I didn't go, was a long time ago.

Don't really regret it.

I missed Motley on the Dr. Feelgood tour for some reason. That one I really regret :(

• 2023 Gold Donors

Yeah.

Not sure why I didn't go, was a long time ago.

Don't really regret it.

I missed Motley on the Dr. Feelgood tour for some reason. That one I really regret :(

I was at the Calder Park concert. My mates and i still refer to it as our "Woodstock".

It was insane. From scorching heat to heavy rain and thunderstorms and ridiculously inadequate amenities. It was a marathon. Having Skid Row on the bill was a huge bonus.

From memory though, i'm pretty sure the other Aussie band was "Pearls and Swine", not "Horsehead"