Your WORST Concert/Most Disappointing Live Band

Gibbo

...KIX blew away both Britney Farts and Deaf Lepresy.... Wish KIX had played for two hours instead of the others....

Yeah, I've heard that KIX are boot-in-the-ass awesome live (especially back in their prime).

Kix still puts on a Great show. I feel sorry for the warm up bands that have to open for them..

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seen the original Derringer play with Starz @ the Crazy Donkey L.I.

Derringer should have opened for Starz. Kenny Aaronson was so wasted, they left him on stage, while the band took a break. Derringer also rewrote the words to Still Alive and well to fit his religious beliefs..

Vinnie Appice also threw his drum sticks back stage and asked everyone If they knew a bass player..

My dear lady wife has just reminded me about the time we saw Iggy Pop in '98, and how I kept going on about how good he'd be, and how we couldn't miss his set ... see if you can guess how THAT turned out?

A long time ago I saw L.A. Guns and they were awful. Purely disinterested. They were on stage late afternoon in an outdoor venue, so it was light out, it had rained a bit that day, not a huge crowd but still....I think Jackyl was on before them and they rocked it, and then I believe it was RATT, then Dokken. Not sure the exact order but anyway, all the other bands that weekend were there to rock but L.A. Guns just didn't care. They played about 20 minutes, if you could call that playing, and then sorta just wandered off stage.

Now fast forward, last winter (I think) and the Phil Lewis version was here in MN and they kicked major ass. Pure energy, lots of fun. A little disinterested in the picture taking / autograph part after the show but they hung in there.

Saw Dokken in 1986 supporting Accept....really disappointed when George Lynch started his solo's as they were barely recognisable to the album version which was very deflating to hear.

This is easy, hands down, LA Guns, Phil was so fucked up, not only could he not remember the lyrics to any of the songs, at one point he went to do a kick and fell backwards taking Kelly out in the process, horrible performance, and one I will never forget, and I have a hard time believing will ever be out done as worst concert I ever saw.

Unruly Child - freakshow. nothing more to say

Do you mean what I think you mean?

I guess "nothing more to say" means you won't answer...

:whistle:

I've been lucky so far but:

Queensryche - Monsters of Rock 2006.

Had a few glitches in their intro tape so they were already on the back foot. They started strong, though - "Revolution Calling" and "Operation Mindcrime" - then decided to go into "Suite Sister Mary" which was just the wrong song to play for a short festival set. Geoff Tate doing a mime show during the instrumental bits didn't help. They lost my interest and never got it back.

Motorhead - last year.

I saw them in 1998 and they were great but this time around they were just going through the motions. Maybe I just got them on an off night.

Ozzy - Monsters of Rock 1996

Spent way too much time trying to get the crowd going. No energy coming off that stage whatsoever.

My Dying Bride - Bloodstock 2006

Just deeply tedious. I promised myself I'd give them five songs to see if i could get into it. I came close to walking out after two and the only reason I stuck around was that their female keyboard player looked like shemight fall out of her boob tube at some point.

Bumsnogger - Bloodstock Festival 2003

In retrospect, a band called Bumsnogger were always going to be a complete waste of electricity.

Honestly she looked like something out of the Adams Family.

Went on extended between song chats which were just 'weird'.

Had like a choir stand on stage with a book with all the lyrics which she read during songs and read preachy passages between songs.

And most unforgivable of all gave the debut album songs the 'feminine' touch

I wish I'd never seen them

Only see maiden with Dickinson

Dickinson was playing with maiden(brilliant btw),his last tour before he left/came back,blaze was singing for wolfsbane at the time before getting the gig with maiden.

Only see maiden with Dickinson

Dickinson was playing with maiden(brilliant btw),his last tour before he left/came back,blaze was singing for wolfsbane at the time before getting the gig with maiden.

I have seen Maiden with Blaze and with Bruce, and I much preferred the Blaze concert to be fair. Firstly because the support was Helloween for the Blaze gig and the Bruce gig had Slayer and Entombed (I think it was them anyway), so I actually didnt even go into the hall until the support was finished. When I did go in, while the Maiden set was great soundwise and performance wise, the set list was shit. It was after the reunion album Brave new world, which had only been out a week or two, and they must have played the album in its near entirity and only seemed to play a handful of classics. Meant for me that I barely knew any of the set, despite owning their whole catalogue as I had only just bought that album.

The only problem with the Blaze gig is that it was obvious he wasnt allowed to be a frontman. Kinda makes me look at the rockstar movie where they wont let Marky Mark contribute to the creative process, and let him know he is a hired hand, and makes me think thats exactly the deal with Blaze and Maiden.

Had like a choir stand on stage with a book with all the lyrics which she read during songs and read preachy passages between songs.

that's ultimately terrible from what I picture in my mind, geez :D

Sounds terrible indeed. It would put me off going to a gig; quite nauseating.

Sounds terrible indeed. It would put me off going to a gig; quite nauseating.

I honestly thought she would still rock, you know originally being Mark Free, but she walked around the stage like an overblown gothic pantomime dame.

Bordering on disturbing

I honestly thought she would still rock, you know originally being Mark Free, but she walked around the stage like an overblown gothic pantomime dame.

Bordering on disturbing

Which is how I find the photographs, tbh.

Bordering on disturbing

I bet all the guys there are crowding the bathroom for a puke, or maybe some ppl did enjoy it ? :D

Bordering on disturbing

I bet all the guys there are crowding the bathroom for a puke, or maybe some ppl did enjoy it ? :D

Must have been some who liked it ... for some reason, I am reminded of a Blackadder episode...

;)

Bordering on disturbing

Must have been some who liked it ... for some reason, I am reminded of a Blackadder episode...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPtkh7xB86c

;)

In fairness it wasnt that bad, but come on.....its the disappointment.....20 years ago Unruly Child would have been the best gig ever??!

• 7 months later...

New candidate for the worst band I've ever seen live ... Bleed From Within.

:yuck:

That was one of the longest half-hours of my life!

Hmmm ... I saw At Vance just a few weeks ago and ........... OMG !! ............. what unbelievable noise !!!!!!!! :(

New candidate for the worst band I've ever seen live ... Bleed From Within.

:yuck:

That was one of the longest half-hours of my life!

Yep, I'm in total agreement ... absolute shite of the highest order ... I appreciate that they MUST appeal to someone out there, but, for the love of God, never again ...

I saw Def Leppard around 2007ish....Joe's vocals were so bad he couldn't hit any high notes. Never saw them again. BIG waste of money.