New FnA releases just purchased.

the game

I have bought from them in the past without problems but after this situation I can't imagine doing business with them again...

It's a tough spot. You want to support the bands on the label but you don't want to support the label. It's a no win situation.

I will will still buy their releases (silver pressed ones) but it will be used from an Ebayer who has already purchased them. I will never give the label another dime of my money.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I might be avoiding this guy. I've only ever bought the Dirty Looks releases from FnA. Didn't have any problems.

Also it appears according to a FB post, a different record company that posts here often is having problems with FnA as well.

Do tell my friend...

I saw something about that. Is that Melodicrock or JK that was having issues?

If a band self releases, and releases on CDR, then you can sort of understand it. But as soon as a record label gets involved, there is never any excuse to release a CDR.

If you are a genuine record label, then release genuine CDs.

I am sure some of the record label people on here will come back with answers about costs or bands etc, but thats all just bullshit.

Look at the small bands out there who are releasing proper silver pressed CDs. If they can do it, there is no excuse for a label to not do it.

Simple fact is, if I wanted a CDR, I'd burn it myself for pennies, cause thats all they are worth.

A lot of the Retro releases i did on cd-r from 2005-2006 are going for bank on eGay - so I wouldnt say they are worth pennies.

It's all about supply and demand. Why press 1,000 cd's when you can't move more than 100? It's good business sense which is why I havent done all my releases as silver discs. I've got silver discs in my catalog from 2005 that still havent sold out. Its certainly not because they suck or too high priced. It's supply and demand. Period. :)

And quite frankly , I'm fucking disgusted by the lack of arguments toward the piece of shit assholes all over the world making MY releases as well as other labels releases available as free downloads. THAT is what is killing this industry. PERIOD. And I don't give a fuck what anybody tries to say to defend them. CD sales are DOWN. It's a FACT. In EVERY genre. Part of the reason I can't release as many titles as I have in the past is because of this fact. If anyone else claims differently (Eonian , Stormspell , FnA , Demon Doll , WHOEVER) then they are flat-out in denial. The market is dying. OUR music is dying. I have the figures to back it up. It's a damn shame.

if it was just about the music i would download the music (and thereby avoid all the shipping prices, storage issues, ect..).

.....but if you're going to spend the money on a physical cd and the associated price to get it shipped, then it is obviously more than just the music you are after.. it's the product as a whole.

with less disposable income these days, shipping prices going thru the roof, and plenty of cds around the place to choose from,.... where to spend my money is often determined by who is releasing a better product. sure, i buy plenty of cdr-s ... especially in the form of demos and eps directly from bands, but i know what's i'm getting (95% of the time anyway) and i am charged the appropriate price.

I don't worry about illegal downloads. I alsways saw Stormspell as a small label catering to the diehard fans and collectors, and I firmly believe that if a person want to support a release/band/label, they will find a way to do so. And even if I start selling my CDs at $1 per pop, the downloaders will find an excuse not to buy, so I dont worry about it and dont think it affects my sales.

What really is ruining the business for all of us is the Republican lobbyists in the Congress hell-bent in running the USPS bancrupt so it can be privatized and given to their corporate buddies to exploit... that's what really is destroying all small online businesses, and it will get much worse very soon when USPS raises domestic rates too...

I don't worry about illegal downloads. I alsways saw Stormspell as a small label catering to the diehard fans and collectors, and I firmly believe that if a person want to support a release/band/label, they will find a way to do so. And even if I start selling my CDs at $1 per pop, the downloaders will find an excuse not to buy, so I dont worry about it and dont think it affects my sales.

What really is ruining the business for all of us is the Republican lobbyists in the Congress hell-bent in running the USPS bancrupt so it can be privatized and given to their corporate buddies to exploit... that's what really is destroying all small online businesses, and it will get much worse very soon when USPS raises domestic rates too...

Are you so sure its REPUBLICANS? I think BOTH parties are trying to destroy small business , ESPECIALLY democrats. Under 8 years of Bush I made millions (literally) and had ZERO problems...since Nobama has taken office EVERYONE's business has suffered tremendously. Case in point - the FIRST thing Obummer did was hire 10,000 new IRS agents to specifically target online businesses and get as much cash from them as possible. That is a FACT.

Are you so sure its REPUBLICANS? I think BOTH parties are trying to destroy small business , ESPECIALLY democrats. Under 8 years of Bush I made millions (literally) and had ZERO problems...since Nobama has taken office EVERYONE's business has suffered tremendously. Case in point - the FIRST thing Obummer did was hire 10,000 new IRS agents to specifically target online businesses and get as much cash from them as possible. That is a FACT.

The best thing that could happen to the USPS would be for it to become privatized. Name one thing (besides war) the government has ever been good at running? That's why this whole government healthcare thing is going to be such a mess, but that's a whole other story.

If a band self releases, and releases on CDR, then you can sort of understand it. But as soon as a record label gets involved, there is never any excuse to release a CDR.

I am sure some of the record label people on here will come back with answers about costs or bands etc, but thats all just bullshit.

Look at the small bands out there who are releasing proper silver pressed CDs. If they can do it, there is no excuse for a label to not do it.

Simple fact is, if I wanted a CDR, I'd burn it myself for pennies, cause thats all they are worth.

A lot of the Retro releases i did on cd-r from 2005-2006 are going for bank on eGay - so I wouldnt say they are worth pennies.

What I mean is CDR's themselves are worth pennies, and thats how much it would cost me to burn it myself.

Its the same reason why I dont want to be restricted to download only availability. If I am spending £10-£15 on an album, I dont want CDR's or digital files, I want a physical CD thats pressed properly.

The best thing that could happen to the USPS would be for it to become privatized. Name one thing (besides war) the government has ever been good at running? That's why this whole government healthcare thing is going to be such a mess, but that's a whole other story.

I wouldnt bet on privatisation to be the saviour. Privatisation is what fucked up so many things in this country (just look at the public transport and energy providers as perfect examples of that). The postal service while not privatised, is another perfect example of what happens when you take a lot of government controls away. For years the prices have been dictated by the government. As soon as the Royal mail was given more powere in deciding their own prices, they hiked them through the roof.

I wouldnt bet on privatisation to be the saviour. Privatisation is what fucked up so many things in this country (just look at the public transport and energy providers as perfect examples of that). The postal service while not privatised, is another perfect example of what happens when you take a lot of government controls away. For years the prices have been dictated by the government. As soon as the Royal mail was given more powere in deciding their own prices, they hiked them through the roof.

The way the bloated USPS system is being run right now they would have to at least triple prices on everything just to make a profit. But they can't make any changes to improve efficiency and cut costs due to the backlash from the postal workers union.

The way the bloated USPS system is being run right now they would have to at least triple prices on everything just to make a profit. But they can't make any changes to improve efficiency and cut costs due to the backlash from the postal workers union.

Not *entirely* true. While the USPS *is* inefficient and their ridiculous union contracts and work restrictions need to be voided, if not for the Congressionally-mandated benefit prefunding requirement, which none of USPS's competitors are forced into, the USPS would actually be in the black.

The USPS is in a lose-lose situation. They get zero taxpayer dollars, but are subject to Congressional whim. Just look at developments over the last few months: USPS says that in order to stem losses they need to go from 6-day-a-week delivery to 5 days. Congress gets their panties in a bunch and passes a law explicitly forbidding it.

So even when the USPS tries to optimize or make cutbacks, nanny Congress interferes.

I sure as fuck wouldn't want to have to run a business that way, being hamstrung by outside agencies at every turn. If I were the Postmaster General, I'd throw my hands up and say "Fine. The USPS is filing for bankruptcy. You bastards fix it."

As much as I loathe USPS incompetence and inefficiency, I loathe wanton governmental interference more.

Are you so sure its REPUBLICANS?

Well, the act was passed in 2006 with Republicans in the majority, so my opinion is that they are responsible for this. but you never know. the bottom line is, the bill is a fact, and the Postal Office is forced into bancrupcy by having to shell $5,5 billions per year to pre-fund 75 years of health benefits. A condition which is not required for none of their competitiors... If the congress is so concerned about the helth benefits of postal workes, why not worry for UPS and FedEx workers for example? It is clearly a scheme to run USPS into bancrupcy. The fact they can "borrow" the pension funds is just a bonus.

Those replicated discs are just the cd's though right?? no inserts or cases and stuff... BUT it is a good deal.

1,000 for $389

Shit , I might have to re-think my strategy here....

Uh oh. The info was given in good faith, use it accordingly, please :)

Sorry, but I do not agree. The Postal Office is profitable business, it is the ridiculous "Postal Enhancement" Act the Congress voted which is forcing it into bancrupcy. The fact the Republicans are using it as an example of how bad Obamacare would be is just insult to the injury.

Sorry, but I do not agree. The Postal Office is profitable business, it is the ridiculous "Postal Enhancement" Act the Congress voted which is forcing it into bancrupcy. The fact the Republicans are using it as an example of how bad Obamacare would be is just insult to the injury.

As long as the government is pulling the strings and bowing to the demands of the postal workers union the USPS will never be profitable. Just my opinion and sorry to get off topic.

What I mean is CDR's themselves are worth pennies, and thats how much it would cost me to burn it myself.

Its the same reason why I dont want to be restricted to download only availability. If I am spending £10-£15 on an album, I dont want CDR's or digital files, I want a physical CD thats pressed properly.

I guess u will be missing out on a lot of great releases and rarities coming out in the next while.....enjoy:)

I would rather miss out than pay overpriced money for something that has very little physical value. I still say that if a small band can finance proper silver pressed CDs when they will sell small amounts, and sell them for the same price or less, then labels doing it is inexcusable. And for the record, I will buy CDRs if the come direct from a band and if they are reasonably priced, because I expect them to release CDRs, which is why its a lot more impressive if they go the extra mile.

Your sarcasm does not upset me as I dont care about rarities, and if I have to miss out on something cause its on CDR, there are at least 10 more CDs of good music I wont miss out on ... a fair trade off to me, and a loss to the seller of that CDR.

I guess u will be missing out on a lot of great releases and rarities coming out in the next while.....enjoy:)

I asked FNA beforehand if they were cd-r's, but I still bought both Cleavage discs because I have always wanted a physical copy of The Demo (which is never gonna happen) and I know Ronnie who was the guitar player for Cleavage and is a fantastic guy. That being said, FNA can release some cd-r's of some really rare shit but unless it's something I've been after forever as has been the case with the Cleavage stuff, I will pass on it all. However if they are silver pressed like the Dirty Looks albums were I would buy them.

I think you are the minority here. You won't be nearly as happy when down the line you pull out a cd to play it and its rotted.