The Ragged Saints - The Sound Of Breaking Free

Stefan

npguj.jpg
The next big Finnish group? Time will tell. They are currently working on their debut album.
Take a listen to the song 'Don't Let Me Go': http://theraggedsain.../dont-let-me-go

From Rock Eyez Webzine:

"THE RAGGED SAINTS debut three-song promo EP “The Sound Of Breaking Free”, features seasoned veterans of the music world and it is starting to catch fire even before the release of their full-length release coming later in 2013. The members have all been in productive bands and certainly have the talent to step up and make THE RAGGED SAINTS an entity all its own.
With tantalizing power chords and featuring a voice from the heavens, THE RAGGED SAINTS are sure to rnake a name with their VAN HALEN-styled mixture of eighties sounds. The songs are well written and will attract melodic rock fans as well as hard rockers.
Markku Kuikka on vocals has a bit of Tommy Shaw style in him and is very easy to listen to. “Don’t Let Me Go” is a melodic rocker that is a smooth track and is uplifting and has the essence to become a real fan favorite.
The title track “The Sound Of Breaking Free” is the heaviest track on the EP but is in the same mold as the first two tracks. These boys from Helsinki, Finland should have no problem being noticed as the songs flow well and melodic rock fans will come running. We only get three tracks for now but look out for the rest later in the year."

raggedsaints.jpg

Track Listing:

• While The World is Burning
  • Don’t Let Me Go
  • The Sound Of Breaking Free

http://www.reverbnat...gedsaints/songs

• My Little Pony

Doesn't sound like "the next big thing" to me. Not bad, but won't have me blowin' a load either.

Oh please, go away.

Forgive me, if the truth is hard to swallow.

Great sounding band - very good tunes. And by the grace of my lord and saviour jesus christ, the vocalist doesn't sound like every single other Finnish vocalist. I look forward to hearing more.

Doesn't sound like "the next big thing" to me. Not bad, but won't have me blowin' a load either.

Oh please, go away.

Swallow this... :masturbanana:

Since when are you an expert on Finnish music?

:P

I agree with you Geoff, he sure doesn't sound Finnish at all and I've never heard of him before. Pretty much without accent.

This could turn out to be pretty good.

Looking forward to their debut.

• My Little Pony

Oh please, go away.

I agree with you Geoff, he sure doesn't sound Finnish at all and I've never heard of him before. Pretty much without accent.

Heh. I'm not an expert in anything. Isn't this the same vocalist fron that other band you posted in the 2013 Releases thread, Shadows Past? You don't forget a face like that.

Oh please, go away.

Heh. I'm not an expert in anything. Isn't this the same vocalist fron that other band you posted in the 2013 Releases thread, Shadows Past? You don't forget a face like that.

Eh, no.

Here's the singer in Shadows Past (Ola Halen):

14324.jpg

BTW Did you know that the new Shadow Past album was produced by Erik Mårtensson (Eclipse, W.E.T.)?

Now you do...

• My Little Pony

wanted to be blown away...

... wasn't.

Not too bad. solid, but nothing mind blowing. likely somehing that a stereo would do justice to instead of shitty laptop speaker.

Exactly. Definitely keep an eye on them, but I'm not gonna get too excited.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

New album 'The Sound Of Breaking Free' out October 25th.

ragged_saints_front_800x800.jpg

Tracklist:

01. The Sound Of Breaking Free
02. A Place Where I Belong
03. Don't Let Me Go
04. I'll Never Give Up On Love
05. Love Won't Fade Away
06. We Are The Same
07. While The World Is Burning
08. New Beginnings
09. Never Walk Away
10. Before Time Goes By