Jump to content
Leykis101

More former members

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Geoff said:

I've expressed my dislike for FB many times and the comments I first made still stand. Really not my thing. 

I don't keep as up to date on this forum these days and I'd like to, or I have in the past... but I always appreciate every contribution by everyone. And one day if I get all my stuff all together I might sort through everything I've missed... but generally I like to keep up to date to some degree. 

I also noticed your return too, Mike, and it's good to see. ;)

It's nice to see that as small as the group seems to have become, it is all the familiar faces...and Darkstone, who seems like an awesome guy anyway :p 

I've been out of the loop in terms of Rock music for a while now...is there any chance the the drop in HH traffic has any correlation to rock musics relevance in 2019? Or is the rock scene alive and well, and I've just not been in the right groups on FB to see it? Have been genuinely worried about this over the last decade...I feel like guitar and live music in general is fading away into obscurity...but I hope to be proven wrong :)

Sad to see the pro forum is s bit dead these days, does Thomas/Coastline still post? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or Eaglesfan3000 (Eric I think?), there was a nice little group of musos on here back in the day...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They both pop in and post. Thomas mostly in the what cd's did you buy.

 

Plenty of new music to talk about, I just think the dip is a result of folks having differing priorities, that said this group has always been my favorite and a go to so no matter what is happening good bad or indifferent I will always check in with my HH family.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 3:21 AM, Izzy_Ryder said:

Martinsane! Good to see you're still around man! I remember you, weren't you mates with Sean? I seem to remember you were the correctional officer on the east coast? May be getting confused though 

Yeah I've noticed most forums have died to be honest, I switched to Facebook myself because I had all my college friends on there but....I think I came back here cause Facebook is getting reallllly nasty these days, and as you can imagine; probably not the best atmosphere for someone like me :p one thing I'll say for forums is they did have a real community feel to them, even when we were arguing....FB tends to be a load of strangers blowing off steam in each other's faces between breaks! At least we had some form of respect around these parts!

What about GlamJunkie? Australia's biggest Bon Jovi fan IIRC, he was always active, but his profile has the same pic it had a decade ago...

And who was the guy from Tulsa who was mad about Pontiac? I remember getting along with him quite well funnily enough, but can't for the life of me remember who it was! 

Maybe we'll see more of us come back as Facebook becomes more and more toxic...I kinda miss the quaint old message board format :dance:

GlamJunkie spend most his time on Facebook, talking his love of Hardcore Superstar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Izzy_Ryder said:

It's nice to see that as small as the group seems to have become, it is all the familiar faces...and Darkstone, who seems like an awesome guy anyway :p 

I've been out of the loop in terms of Rock music for a while now...is there any chance the the drop in HH traffic has any correlation to rock musics relevance in 2019? Or is the rock scene alive and well, and I've just not been in the right groups on FB to see it? Have been genuinely worried about this over the last decade...I feel like guitar and live music in general is fading away into obscurity...but I hope to be proven wrong :)

Sad to see the pro forum is s bit dead these days, does Thomas/Coastline still post? 

No, I don't for one second believe the drop in HH traffic has anything whatsoever to do with the relevance of rock music in 2019, lol. Not one bit. The rock scene is as alive and well as when you were here last, and has been every year since you've been away. 

Who knows if it will ever be mainstream again, but "our genres" have been alive and well every bit as much as you remember it. And I'd basically 100% guarantee that every person who has ever signed up to HH still has a strong fondness for good music. It's just that people don't talk about it on forums as much anymore. ;)

The other forum I frequent is a photography forum and it's not like people just stop taking photos... but same as here, I think most those ex-members are all on Facebook, or probably making a living out of photography or whatever... they just move on. But I generally think that if you sign up to a forum for some specific thing it's not a passing interest. :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, martinsane said:

this group has always been my favorite and a go to so no matter what is happening good bad or indifferent I will always check in with my HH family.

True.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2019 at 8:15 PM, Izzy_Ryder said:

And I really need to change my username again - no word of a lie, I had to stop using this as a stage name when a porn star with the same named turned up overnight, sometime in 2012...it's been sullied ever since...

I had to check it out of course. You're right. It's actually "Izzi Rider". Very close. I dunno, you may have to change your handle mate. She's a very dirty, dirty girl. Good actress though. Apparently shakespearean trained snd it shows. If this was your stage name, I can only imagine the sort of fan mail you were getting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys, I now converse with so many on Melodic Mafia, it completely slips my mind that I know a bulk of them from HH, I am horrible with names, almost dead accurate with faces, so that doesn't help me remember people, can someone remind me what Wes Haskins screen name was on here, it's driving me nuts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haha.

I couldn't remember either, but thought to myself, "Just search in a thread for Heaven and Hell. He would definitely have commented in there."

And there he was, @heaven&hell

Of course!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haven't seen any comments from Fat Freddy for quite some time.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Dead Planet said:

Haven't seen any comments from Fat Freddy for quite some time.....

Yeah, he jumped ship years ago. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Yeah, he jumped ship years ago. 

wes and keef are pretty much only on FB.

I keep telling Wes to post on HH but he always says he doesn't have time even though he responds to nearly every post on the FB group :lol:

I like the mafia group but find the discussion very frustrating - it's very immediate and move on - you never get the weeks of discussion you get on here on a subject or album.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was great to catch up with Wes on the MORC after 15 or so years on here. Very cool guy too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wes has time to arrange his CDs for the day, snap a pic and post it, I think he is opposite of us, he needs immediate gratification, I only chat on there about immediate things, I rarely comment on anything over 12hrs, except like 2 days ago to tell Wes in his all girl lineup that I can't fucking stand Vixen, and it's a travesty he'd put them on the list and leave of Phantom Blue or Laos, where is Martinsane? Anyone know?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Leykis101 said:

Wes has time to arrange his CDs for the day, snap a pic and post it, I think he is opposite of us, he needs immediate gratification, I only chat on there about immediate things, I rarely comment on anything over 12hrs, except like 2 days ago to tell Wes in his all girl lineup that I can't fucking stand Vixen, and it's a travesty he'd put them on the list and leave of Phantom Blue or Laos, where is Martinsane? Anyone know?

:lol: re Vixen and that thread.

yeah the time thing is an excuse....he's too caught up with that group. They all adore him on there. Wes is a good bloke tho. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He really is a true rocker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Glen said:

:lol: re Vixen and that thread.

yeah the time thing is an excuse....he's too caught up with that group. They all adore him on there. Wes is a good bloke tho. 

 

I just really hate FB now and although I like the mafia, it pales to this place for discussion.. That smurf dude and his album vs album polls. That's about it.

 

Edited by AlphaMale

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Leykis101 said:

Geoff really is a true cocksucker

True!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I started one of these threads years ago:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AlphaMale said:

True!

Very clever, so much so I gave you a point for it, this is gonna be fun now I can give points, I'm gonna start a Ponzi scheme with our HH member points, 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Leykis101 said:

Very clever, so much so I gave you a point for it, this is gonna be fun now I can give points, I'm gonna start a Ponzi scheme with our HH member points, 

Did you see our movie is out? On G-Off Productions.

That was a ball! Or two.....

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

True!

 

3 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

Did you see our movie is out? On G-Off Productions.

That was a ball! Or two.....

I get all the G-Off production releases,I subscribe to their newsletter, top that buddy, I even got your new one that doesn't come out till March 13th, I'm talking of course about Ass Pounders 47, and I Can See Queerly Now The Pain Is Gone, both top of the line flix!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Leykis101 said:

 

I get all the G-Off production releases,I subscribe to their newsletter, top that buddy, I even got your new one that doesn't come out till March 13th, I'm talking of course about Ass Pounders 47, and I Can See Queerly Now The Pain Is Gone, both top of the line flix!

Our acting in Alpha Males Love Manly Tails was Oscar-worthy. That bathroom scene when my hand is stuck in the drain bent over was fun. Geoff approved of the final cut. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I literally figured out that your Dick Phitzwell! Well indeed.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing like pumping your .....posts up !

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.