Tom Keifer (Cinderella) - The Way Life Goes

Stefan

I don't mind this one either. I couldn't give it more than a 70%, but it's a good 70% - not a bad one, if that makes sense. ;) As noted, it's no Cinderella, but it's a strong collection of songs. The only tune I don't like at all is 'The way life goes.' Aside from that, it's a good collection of 7/10 songs, with a few slightly better tunes - my faves on the disc being 'Cold day in hell,' 'Mood elevator' and 'Babylon.'

Keifer fans would have to be harsh to really dislike this one. Good, solid disc.

• 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Coming-up to 30 years almost to the day that I first heard Cinderella.

I seem to remember it was shortly after I graduated from high school in June, 1986 (maybe closer to the 4th. of July). Played the HELL out of the cassette for more than an entire year (along with the grandaddys of melodic rock "Slippery When Wet" and "Hysteria"). Man was 1986 / 1987 an awesome time for music in my 1976 Celica.

I could wax poetic all day long talking about that magical time of my life... but I won't :)

• My Little Pony

Here's some frustrating nonsense: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/cinderellas-tom-keifer-working-on-bonus-tracks-for-deluxe-edition-of-the-way-life-goes

Three years later? Just record the new songs for a new album, dude.

Yeah. Strange. And it's being remastered. Does it need to be? Anyway, I never did pick it up the first time 'round, though I always meant to, so I guess it's good I waited.

Here's some frustrating nonsense: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/cinderellas-tom-keifer-working-on-bonus-tracks-for-deluxe-edition-of-the-way-life-goes

Working on a new album is not always a good strategy for veteran artist because probably 90% of the fans only love to hear the old songs for the nostalgic purpose when they're touring, not to mention that it's expensive, heartbroken to see the ratio of illegal downloads to real album purchase, and time consuming. So some of them are releasing it in a span of 4-6 years just for the sake of saying out to public that they're still exist and hopefully sold enough to cover the cost :D

Which he could do with Cinderella.

The people most likely to own the album already are the same people most likely to buy anything new. Putting new material on a 'deluxe' version really seems the wrong way to get new stuff out there. An EP would be better.

• 1 year later...

Deluxe Edition out October 20th.

tomkeiferlifegoesdeluxe.jpg

CD:

01. Solid Ground

02. A Different Light

03. It's Not Enough

04. Cold Day In Hell

05. Thick And Thin

06. Ask Me Yesterday

07. Fool's Paradise

08. The Flower Song

09. Mood Elevator

10. Welcome To My Mind

11. You Showed Me

12. Ain't That A Bitch

13. The Way Life Goes

14. Babylon

Bonus Tracks

15. Nobody's Fool (feat. Lzzy Hale)

16. With A Little Help From My Friends

17. Nobody's Fool (Piano Version)

DVD:

Chapter 1) The Way Life's Goin' (Documentary)

Chapter 2) Solid Ground (Music video)

Chapter 3) The Flower Song (Music video)

Chapter 4) It's Not Enough (Music video)

Chapter 5) It's Not Enough (Lyric video)

Chapter 6) Album Promo

Chapter 7) Cathouse Live

Chapter 8) Count Vamp'd Las Vegas

Chapter 9) Farm Rock Chicago

NIce package. Would have preferred he flanked those bonus tracks with a album of new songs, however. I'm sure he has a heap of unreleased material he could have given the studio treatment to. That said, I'll likely grab this one anyway.

If you have the chance to see his live band, do so. This is no bare bones touring unit. It is a full blown affair and they put on a bombastic show!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...