Tom Keifer (Cinderella) - The Way Life Goes

Stefan

tomkeifersolo2013.jpg

Cinderella's Tom Kiefer releases his new solo album 'The Way Life Goes' April 30th. The first single 'The Flower Song' is released Feb 4th.

Tracklisting:

01. Solid Ground

02. A Different Light

03. It's Not Enough

04. Cold Day In Hell

05. Thick And Thin

06. Ask Me Yesterday

07. Fools Paradise

08. The Flower Song

09. Mood Elevator

10. Welcome To My Mind

11. You Showed Me

12. Ain't That A Bitch

13. The Way Life Goes

14. Babylon

Look like Kiefer is doing some shows next month (FEB). It appears one is fairly close to my area. I may check this out.

TOUR DATES:

Feb. 09 - Winston-Salem, NC - Ziggy's

Feb. 11 - New York, NY - Highline Ballroom

Feb. 13 - Philadelphia, PA - JC Dobbs

Feb. 15 - Pittsburgh, PA - Altar Bar

Feb. 16 - Salisbury, MA - Blue Ocean

Feb. 17 - Portland, ME - Asylum

Feb. 19 - Cleveland, OH - Peabody's

Feb. 22 - Lincolnshire, IL - Viper Alley

Feb. 23 - Lexington, KY - Busters

Feb. 24 - Detroit, MI - Magic Bag

Feb. 26 - Grand Rapids, MI - The Intersection

Feb. 27 - Cincinnati, OH - 20th Century Theater

Feb. 28 - White Marsh, MD - House of Rock

Yeah, I hope and expect this one to be pretty good. I wonder if he'll include any tracks with his 80's voice on it? ;)

• 3 weeks later...
I like it!

Yeah, I hope and expect this one to be pretty good. I wonder if he'll include any tracks with his 80's voice on it? ;)

Thought the same thing listening to Dizzy Dean's solo outing. Played Girlschool and New York City Night back to back for the wife and told her it was the same vocalist on both songs. She just gave me the WTF? look. Not saying I don't dig both but two completely different vibes altogether.

Flower song sounds cool.

I like it!

Second that. Very smooth and easy listening song

A little country flavor goin on there but hopefully the whole album is varied, excited to hear the new album!

Thought the same thing listening to Dizzy Dean's solo outing. Played Girlschool and New York City Night back to back for the wife and told her it was the same vocalist on both songs. She just gave me the WTF? look. Not saying I don't dig both but two completely different vibes altogether.

Flower song sounds cool.

I can see why should have that look lol. Lets face it though, neither one of these guys can sing that way long term. Especially Tom who has already had surgery done on his vocal chords. Gee, I wonder why...

More songs on his website: http://tomkeifer.com/

Just checked out those samples and while I would be lying if I said I wasn't hoping for better, they're OK, and Keifer definitely sounds good. Might pick this one up...but probably won't be in a rush.

• 2 months later...

Got this today and its got some really good tracks on it. Its obviously not a Cinderella album, and anyone expecting it to be is gonna be disappointed. Its a mix and match of styles, with some Cinderella-esque songs, and some totally removed from the trademark sound. Defo heard some Blackeyed Susan stylings as well, which is no surpise considering Tom and Dean have such similar musical background histories.

Toms voice is on fine form, and its great to hear it again on something new.

Now all we need is a proper new Cinderella album, but this will do nicely til such a thing happens (and I aint gonna be holding my breath for that to happen).

I wouldnt say the album sounds like Blackeyed Susan though. Just the odd song has a vibe similar. Overall its quite a mixed bag style wise, but really works for me.

This album is, as I expected, a great release by Tom but definitely not in the veins of the old Cinderella that maybe most people expect. Mixed bag is a good definition, I can say it's a nice combination of blues rock, a little hard rock flavor, some acoustic touch, but majority maybe a laid back record which also works fine with me. Tom's gritty vocal is unique and fits the songs, and I can see that he's limiting himself in the regular range which is okay, but I can see some people might not getting a lot out of this record.

With 14 tracks, I found two worst tunes here are 'Fools Paradise' and 'Welcome To My Mind' where I can happily just omit them from my calculation and count the strongest 12 tracks, I arrived with a satisfying result of over 80%, maybe pull down a bit or goes higher, depends on later spin whether the record hold or not. 'The Flower Song' and 'Solid Ground' which were introduced earlier are very good, but some other songs like 'Cold Day In Hell', 'Thick & Thin' [strangely reminds me of the emotional 'Through The Rain'], 'Ask Me Yesterday', 'You Showed Me', and 'Ain't That A Bitch' are nice and relaxed tracks.

This is a nice offering from Tom, considering no new stuffs from Cinderella for such a long time, this can quench a little thirst, though I also hope that Tom can put up maybe 3-4 more uptempo tracks so the whole album is balance enough, maybe next time, but overall I'm quite satisfied here.

81%

Good, informative, reviews guys, thanks. Though I would hope for more of a Cinderella sound at least your reviews let me know to check out more tracks before purchasing this one.